Canadian player soccer cards

dyslexic nam

Cards that I won while sleeping.

This Kadeisha Buchanan Gold auto /50. Won for $1 AUD. One of those cards where I think the $20 AUD shipping costs scared off a lot of people.

Picture 1 of 1

And even better, this Doneil Henry Superfractor auto 1/1. This won't have value to too many people, but it's exactly the type of card I think people will appreciate here.

Picture 1 of 2 Picture 2 of 2

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, shermanator said:

How about a little Ralph Priso Topps Chrome rookie card /5? Getting real close to the rainbow...

20240110_134730.jpg

I think I have one of these but not slabbed as mint so not as good.  

Not sure if folks have been following some of the chatter in FB groups but it sounds like the feds are cracking down on cross border shipping and applying import taxes/tariffs/whatever at the border. And it is getting applied for purchases, trades, cards coming back from grading, etc.  I just got a bunch of cards shipped to me - I am still waiting for them and really hoping my they slip through the new regime.  It will essentially kill my eBay buying and will have a huge impact on Canadian collectors but essentially shutting off access to a large part of the US market.   

On 1/10/2024 at 5:08 PM, dyslexic nam said:

Not sure if folks have been following some of the chatter in FB groups but it sounds like the feds are cracking down on cross border shipping and applying import taxes/tariffs/whatever at the border. And it is getting applied for purchases, trades, cards coming back from grading, etc.  I just got a bunch of cards shipped to me - I am still waiting for them and really hoping my they slip through the new regime.  It will essentially kill my eBay buying and will have a huge impact on Canadian collectors but essentially shutting off access to a large part of the US market.   

Interesting note.

I make a ton of trades with Americans on Last Sticker and so far haven't had any issues. I think the key is to make the package look like a letter. Once you introduce a bubble-wrap you are basically letting them know there is something valuable inside.

I have an Ebay store and I have had a couple of US orders go missing. But the way Ebay works I can't be sure if USPS fucked up or I am getting scammed by the buyer. 

According to this post on a Card forum, Canada will be included in the Copa America sticker album, whether we make it or not. Panini wants to get this out by April apparently (probably wants to go head-to-head with Topps  Euro book).

I have also read somewhere else that the US version of the album will have parallels, just like the Qatar 2022 album had (blue, read, purple, green, black)

https://forums.cardzreview.com/threads/panini-copa-america-2024-usa.2000/

image.png.838613a74311b48ab236acabe882f523.png

Edited by narduch

2 hours ago, narduch said:

Interesting note.

I make a ton of trades with Americans on Last Sticker and so far haven't had any issues. I think the key is to make the package look like a letter. Once you introduce a bubble-wrap you are basically letting them know there is something valuable inside.

I have an Ebay store and I have had a couple of US orders go missing. But the way Ebay works I can't be sure if USPS fucked up or I am getting scammed by the buyer. 

Yeah - I agree re stuff that is shipped PWE.  The problem is anything coming from eBay, Topps Now, or ShipMyCards will now likely get nailed.  If you can find private sellers or traders willing to send via lettermail you may still get by - but that comes with its own risks.  

Despite my dire warnings, I just had a package sail through without any customs or fees.

I love super-delivery days.  

Highlights include the PSA 10 JRR first card (a year before his “rookie”), a /5 Nelson auto from the finest set, a /5 Renaissance Akinola auto, and 4 David autos.   Lots of other cool stuff tho.  

IMG_3412.jpeg

Edited by dyslexic nam

On 1/19/2024 at 8:48 AM, dyslexic nam said:

Despite my dire warnings, I just had a package sail through without any customs or fees.

I love super-delivery days.  

Highlights include the PSA 10 JRR first card (a year before his “rookie”), a /5 Nelson auto from the finest set, a /5 Renaissance Akinola auto, and 4 David autos.   Lots of other cool stuff tho.  

IMG_3412.jpeg

Nice, but where's the Dyslexic Nam PEI Div II card?  Probably a Topps Now from one of his 2 goals...

• 4 weeks later...

I hear ya @dyslexic nam  

I’m still having fun trying to collect as much as I can without spending too much on them. Davies and David cards are a little too much for me at the moment as well as the lowered numbered serial cards. 

I do have the complete team sets in the Base, Breakaway, Choice Red, Green Wave, Hyper, Ice, Pink, Silver and Red /399.