Canadian player soccer cards

dyslexic nam

49 minutes ago, Jedi Ram said:

Not a rumor, it's a fact... I did read an article back in 2021 that panini lost the world cup rights by FIFA to topps. They had an exclusive windows to renew the contract and they declined it due to exorbitant fees.  Similar to EA losing the rights to FIFA video games. 

Kinda sucks.

I think Panini makes better sticker albums than Topps.

Topps makes better cards though. 

Edit: can't Find any sources saying Panini lost FIFA. Most articles are about them losing UEFA 

Edited by narduch

The new Topps MLS just came out. 

Checklist here. There are a bunch of Canadian players although it seems like less than previous years.

https://www.cardboardconnection.com/2023-topps-mls-major-league-soccer-cards

Hilariously, Messi is card #201. So basically they tacked him on at the end (traditionally its a 200 card set).

2 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Good stuff.  

That is funny about Messi.  It is crazy how far behind they are since this is for the season that is now done and in the latter stages of playoffs.  It looks like Akinola is in a TFC shirt, so...

There are a bunch of players that were traded but are in their original team.

Looks like they had this ready for the usual June release and just held it back for months to add Messi

Just now, shermanator said:

See, @dyslexic nam, the key is not to just buy any random 1/1, but to buy bigger cards that you actually want.

For a fraction of the overpriced Tajon Buchanan 1/1 card, I'd rather get this beauty. 

Picture 1 of 3

Beauty card.   Is that a /99?  

I have been looking at those - even in the base versions.   Alas, I am a bargain hunter so will have to try to find the hidden gems.   But the hunt is fun.  

15 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

May need to check out my local store.  Between that and MLS blasters, there may be something of interest. 

Haven't seen the MLS ones yet. Although it's possible due to Messi they were all gone when I went today. I know my store restock on Thursday's 

27 minutes ago, narduch said:

This is the only Canadian I got in 2 boxes.

Screenshot_20231208_134618_Gallery.jpg

Yeah, I am quickly remembering why buying boxes is a shit strategy when it comes to hunting specific cards. I have bought into a couple of breaks for JRR and so far have come up pretty empty-handed. Meanwhile, for the same money, I bought a/50 auto. But I guess part of the excitement is the lottery of hitting a really big card, so I’m sure I will continue to get suckered in. 

13 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Yeah, I am quickly remembering why buying boxes is a shit strategy when it comes to hunting specific cards. I have bought into a couple of breaks for JRR and so far have come up pretty empty-handed. Meanwhile, for the same money, I bought a/50 auto. But I guess part of the excitement is the lottery of hitting a really big card, so I’m sure I will continue to get suckered in. 

I'm planning to try to trade what I got for Canadian players. That's part of the fun for me.

Might try to sell the more valuable ones that aren't Canadian players on Ebay. But I didn't get anything really good.

I'm also happy I didn't have to pay Ebay prices for the boxes

Edited by narduch

3 minutes ago, narduch said:

I'm planning to try to trade what I got for Canadian players. That's part of the fun for me.

Might try to sell the more valuable ones that aren't Canadian players on Ebay. But I didn't get anything really good.

I'm also happy I didn't have to pay Ebay prices for the boxes

Unfortunately, for a lot of singles, eBay prices are my only option.

17 minutes ago, doobs_13 said:

Hi

Anyone know where I can find a Jonathan David Red Choice Prizm card? The only one I need to finish the Red Choice set.

eBay too expensive right now. COMC doesn't have it. 

Any other marketplace you guys wanna share?

Thanks

Laststicker is a mostly European card/sticker trading website but as long as you are willing to deal with postage etc it can sometimes turn up some gems.