Getting sick of all these penalty calls...

fil

To be fair, aside from one really bad call for the most part I don't see how you can put any blame on the refs for the number of penalties.  It's not as though they're being over sensative about the degree of contact or it's proximity to the boundrys of the penalty area.

You can go back and forth about this hand ball or that hand ball just because of the flexability of "natural body possition" but the vast majority of the penalties have been some yahoo running up an attackers back or tackling like a forward or knee capping some poor bugger.  Pretty straight forward stuff happening well inside the area.   

30 minutes ago, Cheeta said:

To be fair, aside from one really bad call for the most part I don't see how you can put any blame on the refs for the number of penalties.  It's not as though they're being over sensative about the degree of contact or it's proximity to the boundrys of the penalty area.

You can go back and forth about this hand ball or that hand ball just because of the flexability of "natural body possition" but the vast majority of the penalties have been some yahoo running up an attackers back or tackling like a forward or knee capping some poor bugger.  Pretty straight forward stuff happening well inside the area.   

Nah I’d disagree. A couple given against Pacific were quite harsh and a couple going the other way were clearly missed. It’s a short tournament but things have not evened out for the club. One of the talking points of the tournament for me, as the penalties effected our record.

That being said, we also made some horrifically stupid errors, and gave the refs a chance to punish us

Edited by Aird25

Seen games where the result is really determined by the VAR.  The ref on the pitch doesn't have to make the tough decisions anymore.  Their experience in better themselves will suffer and stay status quo, even deteriorating.  Players need to vent at times, but they can't yell at the VAR.  It used to be that when the ball went into the net it was goal.  Now we have to wait.  The VAR is too far removed from the ambiance in the field close to the action, body languages, expressions, sweat, intensity and the rest of the game.