Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jordan

Canadians abroad: Oct 4, 2019 - Oct 10, 2019

Recommended Posts

Guidelines for this thread

  • In this thread post match updates on all Canadians abroad for Oct 4, 2019 - Oct 10, 2019.
  • If you find updates posted in some other thread then post them here as well, but be sure to credit the original poster.
  • If there is news that is particularly significant (eg. someone scores a big goal, someone gets injured, etc.) then feel free to begin a new thread on that topic in order to draw greater attention or start a discussion, but also post that news here.
  • Some comments on news posted in this thread are okay, but let's not let this thread go off into a long discussion. If the news already appears in another thread (as per the previous bullet) then post your comments in that other thread, otherwise if you want to say something significant or if it is likely to generate replies then begin a new thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

England

Hoilett starts against West Brom. 90 minutes in a 3-2 loss

Leutwiler is on the bench. Blackburn plays QPR

Scotland

Wotherspoon starts against Ross County, Paton is on the Ross County bench. 2-2 draw and  Wotherspoon goes 90. Paton remained on the bench

Zanatta starts against Queen of the South. 90 minutes in a 1-0 loss

Aird is on the bench for today’s match with Stenhousemuir, plays 28 and has an assist in a 3-2 loss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Latvia - 1st tier - October 5

Benson Fazili started and played the first half for Metta/LU in a 2-1 loss away to FK Liepaja.  After the international break, Metta have 3 matches left to try to avoid relegation.

Richie Ennin started and played 90 minutes for Spartak Jurmala in a tough 5-2 loss away to Jelgava.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

And scores.

Really curious as to the rational for not calling him. Has a journalist asked Herdman yet? Seems odd he gets the continuous call while doing nothing for 2 years, then just as he looks to be rounding into form he gets left out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jordan said:

 

Aird is on the bench for today’s match with Stenhousemuir, plays 28 and has an assist in a 3-2 loss

Was Aird injured all this time or just out of favor/contract? 

Nice to see him get mins and on the stat sheet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, king1010 said:

Really curious as to the rational for not calling him. Has a journalist asked Herdman yet? Seems odd he gets the continuous call while doing nothing for 2 years, then just as he looks to be rounding into form he gets left out. 

Does his club have any games over the window? Very nice to see him getting his groove back, no doubt the talent is there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, apbsmith said:

Was Aird injured all this time or just out of favor/contract? 

Nice to see him get mins and on the stat sheet.

He was waiting for a buyout from dundee, this is his preseason now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, apbsmith said:

Does his club have any games over the window? Very nice to see him getting his groove back, no doubt the talent is there.

They don't have any games. They're completely off which makes it even more of a mystery. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, king1010 said:

Really curious as to the rational for not calling him. Has a journalist asked Herdman yet? Seems odd he gets the continuous call while doing nothing for 2 years, then just as he looks to be rounding into form he gets left out. 

Because you have to ask clubs to release players at least a month in advance for the clubs to allow it, and at the time he wasn’t having nearly as much success as he is now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, SkuseisLoose said:

Because you have to ask clubs to release players at least a month in advance for the clubs to allow it, and at the time he wasn’t having nearly as much success as he is now.

At least a month in advance? I find that hard to believe. So immediately after our Cuba game at home we already had to pick our USA roster? 

How do you explain last minute call ups for injury replacements then? 

Also that still doesn't answer the question, if he had to be released a month in advance, why did he get called to cuba when his form would have been even worse as his season had barely started in the summer. 

Edited by king1010

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...