about those open tryouts......

Rocket Robin

52 minutes ago, rob.notenboom said:

That’s good to know. Glad to see some Saskies there. 

Those two also play for Gremio in the boarded indoor league alongside Jay Tomchuk (recent call up to the futsal national team). This was the same club that Brett Levis played with for a bit. I remember seeing them at a tournament a few years ago (I didn't play against them, I was only in co-ed; not sure if I regret that or not being a keeper). They just toyed with everyone, clearly a level above the rest, with Levis a level above even his own teammates. Pretty fun to watch.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, El Diego said:

Those two also play for Gremio in the boarded indoor league alongside Jay Tomchuk (recent call up to the futsal national team). This was the same club that Brett Levis played with for a bit. I remember seeing them at a tournament a few years ago (I didn't play against them, I was only in co-ed; not sure if I regret that or not being a keeper). They just toyed with everyone, clearly a level above the rest, with Levis a level above even his own teammates. Pretty fun to watch.

I've played against Jay Tomchuk a few times at nationals in youth soccer. Cool to see he is with the futsal national team and still playing at a high level, even well into his thirties. His name always seems to pop up anytime I see the roster of a Sask team at Challenge Cup.

To be honest I am a little surprised he wasn't at the Calgary CanPL tryouts this week.

2 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I've played against Jay Tomchuk a few times at nationals in youth soccer. Cool to see he is with the futsal national team and still playing at a high level, even well into his thirties. His name always seems to pop up anytime I see the roster of a Sask team at Challenge Cup.

To be honest I am a little surprised he wasn't at the Calgary CanPL tryouts this week.

Perhaps he is focusing on futsal now, he has had some great success with it. I'm not sure though, purely speculating. I have played against him a few times in indoor, both in net and out, and although he dummies me no matter where I play he was always fun to play against.

I am a little surprised/disappointed to not see more Sask names, especially considering the Huskies recently had their "golden generation" so to speak (the team that won CanWest for the first time in 2014/15). But the lack of names could be for a variety of reasons.

6 hours ago, El Diego said:

Just shared this list with some friends, and they pointed out two names to me:

Jean-Marie Perrault and Dallas Stern, both from Saskatoon

Perrault played for the Revolution team that won provincials this year and played for HUSA Alumni in the past. Stern played for HUSA previously as well. Both have played for Hub City in Saskatoon men's league.

I see Dallas and Jared both made the final afternoon scrimmage. 

??

Bunbury (The lead coach) has publicly said that they’re will be 20-25 players invited to training camp/pre-season

I could see each club bringing in 3-4 players to give them a look against the established pros 

You add the three rounds of U-Sports Draft that there will be (3 more per side) 

And you’ll have 5-7 players fighting it out to make the backbone of the 23 man roster 

So good to see that there will be spots up for grabs for whoever earns it! 

Expect around 18-19 players signed prior to camp starting in February from what I’ve read 

On 10/26/2018 at 11:01 AM, El Diego said:

Just shared this list with some friends, and they pointed out two names to me:

Jean-Marie Perrault and Dallas Stern, both from Saskatoon

Perrault played for the Revolution team that won provincials this year and played for HUSA Alumni in the past. Stern played for HUSA previously as well. Both have played for Hub City in Saskatoon men's league.

Best overall total score as per Kinduct:  Dallas Stern!

https://canpl.ca/article/kinduct-final-stat-sheet-top-overall-performers-from-the-gotgame-open-trials

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived