Canadians abroad: August 31 - September 6, 2018

DJT

Guidelines for this thread

• In this thread post match updates on all Canadians abroad for August 31 - September 6, 2018.
  • If you find updates posted in some other thread then post them here as well, but be sure to credit the original poster.
  • If there is news that is particularly significant (eg. someone scores a big goal, someone gets injured, etc.) then feel free to begin a new thread on that topic in order to draw greater attention or start a discussion, but also post that news here.
  • Some comments on news posted in this thread are okay, but let's not let this thread go off into a long discussion. If the news already appears in another thread (as per the previous bullet) then post your comments in that other thread, otherwise if you want to say something significant or if it is likely to generate replies then begin a new thread.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ballou is starting for Barça B this eve home vs Egea.

Edit: played 90, Barça B lost 0-1 to a physically tough rival they were really better than. 

Tabla played left side, had some spectacular dribbles both halves, and a shot in close that went wide. He was moved to the right side and was similar. He has a better right foot than I thought, he used both fairly well. He does not seem fast but on a quick dribble is able to get past a defender quite easily, then get his body in position to defend his space. Really deserved a goal and maybe an assist. But the rival really beat up on the creative mids, got their goal, and held on. Egea is probably the team with the lowest budget in their division.

Vitoria went 90 minutes for Lechia (2-0 over Kielce) on Friday.

In Scotland, Aird faced Zanatta today. Alloa drew Dundee United 1-1, Zanatta played 86 for Athletic, Aird stayed on one more minute for Dundee.

Trafford played 4 minutes for Inverniss (0-3 over Dunfermline), they're in second lace after 4 games.

Haber played 76 minutes for Falkirk (2-0 at Ross County).

Pedro Pacheco was on the bench today for Santa Clara in Portugal top flight, they won. He started the first two games and was twice subbed out, the 2nd time in the middle 1st half, so maybe that was a knock. The third game, also on the bench. They are mid table so have to be pleased for him being able to get minutes after their promotion.

2 hours ago, ghostknownunknown said:

Jonathan David starts on the bench for Gent against Cercle Brugge. 

This manager is a prick for whatever reason.  He preaches about not rushing him and he’s been embarassed more than a few times by David coming on and scoring time and time again.  So then he goes an starts a 19 year old with even less experience and benches our kid who leads the team in scoring.  I totally agree that youngsters shouldn’t be rushed but it’s not helpful when he’s earned it and gets benched.. that’s not good management, I don’t care what your philosophy is.  Youngsters shouldn’t be given unlimited chances just because they’re young and then on the other hand they shouldn’t be blocked from playing because they’re young.  

8 minutes ago, Keegan said:

This manager is a prick for whatever reason.  He preaches about not rushing him and he’s been embarassed more than a few times by David coming on and scoring time and time again.  So then he goes an starts a 19 year old with even less experience and benches our kid who leads the team in scoring.  I totally agree that youngsters shouldn’t be rushed but it’s not helpful when he’s earned it and gets benched.. that’s not good management, I don’t care what your philosophy is.  Youngsters shouldn’t be given unlimited chances just because they’re young and then on the other hand they shouldn’t be blocked from playing because they’re young.  

He's tied for the team lead in league goals (note that the other guy has two pens), yet he doesn't make it off of the bench today. That doesn't add up.

Kennedy played another 90 for Klagenfurt in midfield in yet another loss, 2-1 to the Austria Vienna second team. He is getting a lot of playing time but Klagenfurt is dead last, if they relegate hopefully he will have impressed enough to get a contract at the same level at least.

2 hours ago, Keegan said:

Sending a message about accepting international call-ups in CONCACAF?

I hope Herdman starts him and he scores 5 goals.

Archived