Shaan Hundal

• 5 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Made the USL '20 under 20' for the second year in the row, this time at #4:

USL 20 Under 20 – No. 4: Shaan Hundal

By USLSoccer.com Staff, 07/25/17, 3:29PM EDT

CANADA U20 INTERNATIONAL CONTINUES TO IMPRESS IN SECOND USL SEASON

20u20-Web_Cover-4_large.jpg

Toronto FC II standout Shaan Hundal is the fourth player to retain his place on the USL 20 Under 20 this year, and the Canada U20 international forward has made a substantial move up from his No. 13 position a year ago. Having turned 18 years of age earlier this month, Hundal’s numbers have plateaued slightly since finishing tied for the team-high with six goals a year ago, but the upside he possesses is still evident every time he steps on the field.

Given the upswing the player he finished tied with on goal for TFC II a season ago – recent Canada call-up Raheem Edwards – has been on, Hundal is looking to push himself for club and country and become Toronto’s next standout Homegrown product.

“It gives me a lot of hope that if players I’ve played with are doing it, I’m not too far from doing it,” Hundal said earlier this year before the 2017 CONCACAF U20 Championship. “Every day when I go to practice I see what I can take off them and to learn off them and use the tips they give to me and put them to use.”

With the opportunity to represent the Canada U20s again in two years, time is on Hundal’s side as he seeks that next level.

NO. 4 – SHAAN HUNDAL, TORONTO FC II

Toronto-Hundal0725_large.jpg

Photo courtesy Martin Bazyl / Toronto FC II

- Six goals in 37 USL regular-season appearances

- One goal, 90% passing accuracy at 2017 CONCACAF U20 Championship

- No. 13 in 2016 USL 20 Under 20

- Eligible for Canada U20 National Team in 2019

TopDrawerSoccer.com Scouting Report
Canada’s experience at the 2017 CONCACAF U20 Championship wasn’t the greatest collectively, but Shaan Hundal certainly upped his stock individually. Hundal's goal against Antigua & Barbuda helped the side earn its only win of the tournament as he put in a standout all-around display, cementing the sort of promise everyone in the Toronto FC front office no doubt expects from the Homegrown prospect. As a dropping forward, Hundal likes to rope in the midfield, and he has the feet to do it. The bonus with Hundal is how young he started. He’ll have plenty of pro experience by his 18th birthday, which will give him that much more professional confidence.

Newsletter-_Web_Banner.jpg

FOLLOW THE USL

• 3 years later...

Well he has 4 goals in 7 games in  USL-1 for Fort Lauderdale.  Was in USL-Champ then CPL, has dropped a division so he should be doing well.  Still only 21, hope he can tear that league a new one and get back to a decent level.  I'd hate to see Perruza follow on this path.  

8 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Well he has 4 goals in 7 games in  USL-1 for Fort Lauderdale.  Was in USL-Champ then CPL, has dropped a division so he should be doing well.  Still only 21, hope he can tear that league a new one and get back to a decent level.  I'd hate to see Perruza follow on this path.  

That is fantastic. Hopefully something to build on. Dont think he ever got to grips to get started in the CPL. 

• 7 months later...
On 5/23/2021 at 6:53 PM, Bison44 said:

Peruzza at 18 was second leading score in the same league USL 1 with 15 goals in 2019 for TFC 2. Hundal finished with 11 this year in the same league in 2021 at the age off 22. Interesting foot note , Ronaldo Damus who in 2019 won the USL League scoring title with 16 goals just beating Perruza by one goal to take the scoring title playing with North Texas Dallas FC’s version of TFC 2 , was not signed to a first team contract by Dallas FC which is strange for Dallas FC knowing how they are known for signing a lot of their Academy players to first  team contracts and have sold a few to Europe . Damus signed with Orange County of the top tier USL Championship and led them in scoring in 2021 with 14 goals. Orange County where champions of the USL top tier in 2021 . Just shows that players take different paths to try to get to the top and getting there is a long journey.

Edited by SoccMan

4 hours ago, SoccMan said:

Peruzza at 18 was second leading score in the same league USL 1 with 15 goals in 2019 for TFC 2. Hundal finished with 11 this year in the same league in 2021 at the age off 22. Interesting foot note , Ronaldo Damus who in 2019 won the USL League scoring title with 16 goals just beating Perruza by one goal to take the scoring title playing with North Texas Dallas FC’s version of TFC 2 , was not signed to a first team contract by Dallas FC which is strange for Dallas FC knowing how they are known for signing a lot of their Academy players to first  team contracts and have sold a few to Europe . Damus signed with Orange County of the top tier USL Championship and led them in scoring in 2021 with 14 goals. Orange County where champions of the USL top tier in 2021 . Just shows that players take different paths to try to get to the top and getting there is a long journey.

Haiti doesn’t seem to rate Damus either FWIW.

As for Hundal, best of luck. You have to love football. After flunking in CPL you would think that would be it for his chances of getting an MLS deal. Heck, even if he tore it up in CPL he probably wouldn’t have got one. 

• 5 months later...