Impact 2016

shermanator

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 20/07/2016 at 1:46 PM, Blackdude said:

Impact acquired an international slot from TFC. Bernardello is expected to sign. They need to drop a player to sign him. The slot acquired  means that it's a domestic player.

And look at that, Alexander traded for allocation. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't necessarily think it's Mauro Biello. Yes I was one of those to say losing Enzo Concina would hurt them as they have a young coaching squad. I just think the team is burnt out. They seem to lack energy and cohesion. Even Piatti had two clear chances and he failed to put them in. Also, I think the team lacks accountability     and like Biello said they think they're better than they are, not wanting to put the effort in to win. Lazy.  How else can you explain not winning at home your last three home games? If I was Mr Saputo I'd be very concerned with the team crapping the bed 0-3, 1-4, 1-3 in front of sellout crowds.

If you're a traveling supporter you'd definitely have a good trip to Montreal these days. 

Ontivero = disappointing, should not be a DP. Hype.

Oduro = should play more. Was essential burning guys on the flank.  

Ciman = half the player he was last year

Drogba = trying his best but he's 38. More players should have his heart. 

Piatti = off his game, el gaucho that lost his mojo. 

Shipp = meh

Donadel = at times good and other times makes bad long passes. 

Bernadello = pitbull. Puts in good effort chasing down opponents. 

Oyongo = great on wings but can be better with delivery of crosses. 

Toia = simply not good enough. 

Bush = continues to make key saves however doesn't get help from his D. 

Well he is on his last legs. He is retired at the end of this season. Still 10 goals in 20 appearances not bad and if it wasn't for some of those goals the Impact would be in a worse position. As for not playing on artificial turf: I don't blame him, the ol man is 38! I'm 35 and I'm not a pro athlete that gets the conditioning they do and the pain in my knees after playing on crappy surfaces is evident. Imagine him with all the games and training sessions in his lifetime. Every game I see him I think his knees will give out. 

Issue is they're still fighting for a spot. They would probably not play him against Orlando as it's on turf but Orlando is one of the teams chasing them and it could be a huge game. And with Mancosu on board and playing well they would probably put him up top when Drogba's not playing.

• 4 weeks later...

2-2 draw with TFC today.  D.C. United looks like a team no one would want to play against beating NYFC 3-1. Drama again w Drogba not wanting to start on the bench. And apparently there's a rupture between the team and Saputos boy Biello. Maybe better MTL play their playoff game away. Seems they play better on the road. 

One of the things I laughed at today was Vanney's "love note"by messenger Endo. Guess Ciman didn't catch the word that Canadian International secret weapon Tosaint Ricketts would score. ;)

IMG_3852.JPG

1 hour ago, OnkelDal said:

Think we will see Drogba in an Impact kit again? Better hope this rumoured fiasco doesn't escelate.

Also, not cool to chant over the Canadian national anthem. Not cool..

Yeah not sure if that was some of the Ultras Quebec nationalists showing their total lack of respect and immaturity in connection with the troops invited to ring the bell with the 1642 supporters. 

Pretty much secures next years positioning for the Canadian Championship semis: Toronto vs Ottawa/Edmonton, Montreal vs Vancouver 

17 hours ago, Moldy9 said:

2-2 draw with TFC today.  D.C. United looks like a team no one would want to play against beating NYFC 3-1. Drama again w Drogba not wanting to start on the bench. And apparently there's a rupture between the team and Saputos boy Biello. Maybe better MTL play their playoff game away. Seems they play better on the road. 

If Montreal doesn't pick up a point at New England, the Union win and Toronto stays in 3rd, we get another Montreal v. Toronto at BMO field.

The rumor about the rupture between the team and Biello seems to have been blown out of proportion. It is been reported now that it is only a few players who are upset about their playing time nothing different than in any other team with players not playing.

The only way I'd maybe on Drogba's side in this situation is if Biello told Drogba he would be starting and then went back on his word and started Mancosu. A fully fit Drogba can be a great weapon come playoff time if he can come close to last years form.

Drogba will probably be useful going forward until he's 42 but has become a huge liability without the ball, doesn't track back, listless pressure, distracting gamesmanship. Not blaming him for any of that at his age, but the correct way to use him now is as a super sub. Sadly only he seems not able to see that. 

Archived