Impact 2016

shermanator

2 hours ago, shamrock said:

If Higuain is the designated taker, Kamara should f* off. Don't think coach will be to happy about this. Btw I wonder if he would have the same balls if it was MLS cup, 89th minute score 0-0...

The only reason why it became an issue is because Kamara was on a hat trick. So, it would need to be 2-2 at the very least with Kamara scoring both goals.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like two cancers.  I'm not a Kei fan but I can sympathise with him if he's telling the truth.  He said that Higuain gave the ball to Finlay to score the PK, Finlay then gave the ball to Kei for his hat trick and then Higuain took the ball from Kei as if to deny him a hat trick.  That would definitely be infuriating especially when it's a PK to go up 4-1... 

I wouldn't take it to the extent Kei has but obviously he feels that Higuain has been against him and that was the straw that broke the camel's back.  

Now Columbus suspended Kamara and wants to trade him away before the trade deadline this week. Montreal media are now spreading propaganda about a possible trade. Given the clubs were involved in a deal with McInerny last year, and the Kamara Oduro connection you just never know but I definitely don't think Kamara is the answer or the replacement for Drogba. And if so I hope the club sorts his attitude out - this is a team, not your ride for your agenda. 

9 hours ago, Moldy9 said:

Now Columbus suspended Kamara and wants to trade him away before the trade deadline this week. Montreal media are now spreading propaganda about a possible trade. Given the clubs were involved in a deal with McInerny last year, and the Kamara Oduro connection you just never know but I definitely don't think Kamara is the answer or the replacement for Drogba. And if so I hope the club sorts his attitude out - this is a team, not your ride for your agenda. 

How would he not be a good replacement for Drogba? He scored 22 goals last year, he is one of the few strikers in MLS who could be a replacement for Drogba and it is rare that any of these guys are available while they are in good form. Both players involved are at fault in this but Columbus has also handled it poorly and in a way that makes it seem like they are not going to get a very good return for a player of Kamara's quality. I am not sure who we would give in return but if Columbus is forced to sell Kamara cheap we should definitely be trying to make a deal. Also many teams are hindered in making a deal because unless they trade a DP in return because they are already at 3 DPs. Ontivero is currently a DP for Montreal but we could pay down his status with allocation money. 

Also as far as his attitude goes, this seems to be a long standing personal conflict that spilled over on the field. That is unprofessional but it happens sometimes. Good strikers are egotistical and selfish by nature and that is something one has to accept and deal with if one is going to have players like that on the team. We see a lot of this behaviour from Drogba too but everyone accepts it because of his status. Kamara seems pretty easy going and positive in every interview I have heard from him not like someone who would be a bad influence in the dressing room. I don't know what Higuain is like off the field but he is a pretty ornery if not dirty player on the field so there may be some justification for their personal beef and usually with the game already 3-1 and your striker on 2 goals you would let him take the penalty. If we can get Kamara without giving up too much and get him under the cap we definitely should do this deal.

Fans of his former teams are saying Kei was a cancer with them as well.  He also didn't take the suspension really well, still giving quotes to the media... sounds like a nightmare.  I'd be wary of trading for him unless it was a desperate team with nothing to lose like Chicago.  

11 hours ago, Grizzly said:

How would he not be a good replacement for Drogba? He scored 22 goals last year, he is one of the few strikers in MLS who could be a replacement for Drogba and it is rare that any of these guys are available while they are in good form. Both players involved are at fault in this but Columbus has also handled it poorly and in a way that makes it seem like they are not going to get a very good return for a player of Kamara's quality. I am not sure who we would give in return but if Columbus is forced to sell Kamara cheap we should definitely be trying to make a deal. Also many teams are hindered in making a deal because unless they trade a DP in return because they are already at 3 DPs. Ontivero is currently a DP for Montreal but we could pay down his status with allocation money. 

Also as far as his attitude goes, this seems to be a long standing personal conflict that spilled over on the field. That is unprofessional but it happens sometimes. Good strikers are egotistical and selfish by nature and that is something one has to accept and deal with if one is going to have players like that on the team. We see a lot of this behaviour from Drogba too but everyone accepts it because of his status. Kamara seems pretty easy going and positive in every interview I have heard from him not like someone who would be a bad influence in the dressing room. I don't know what Higuain is like off the field but he is a pretty ornery if not dirty player on the field so there may be some justification for their personal beef and usually with the game already 3-1 and your striker on 2 goals you would let him take the penalty. If we can get Kamara without giving up too much and get him under the cap we definitely should do this deal.

Grizz I understand how his numbers can be attractive but it will come at a cost and I'm not talking about the price to pay for his services. Like Biello said its not only the product on the field but the player's character in the dressing room. All I needed to form my opinion was to hear him talk about "selfishness" and "team" when he was more concerned about his hat trick in the same sentence rather than the fact the team dropped two points and a 3 goal lead. He's a hypocrite and toxic. At least Drogba has the ability to unite people. I can't say the same for Kamara. He sounds like a nightmare. 

20 hours ago, Moldy9 said:

I can't say the same for Kamara. He sounds like a nightmare. 

I guess NE will find out. I'm surprised that one of their strikers (Bunbury, Davies, Agudelo) didn't go back the other way in the trade. Not sure that there's room for all those guys on the field at the same time, so I'm not sure that their team is significantly improved (because they already had some good strikers - albeit none at quite the same form as Kamara) while at the same time I think Columbus is now significantly weakened.

Cheers to the Montreal player who caused the PK - they might have have done the rest of the division a favour by taking down a player in the box! ;)

There was plenty of foreshadowing in the 80th min and on to know the match against Orlando was slipping out of their hands. No surprise they ended up losing the match. 

Positive: Lefevre played one heck of a match and now with Ciman going to Euro 16 he'll have lots of opportunities to play plus the Cdn Championship. Venegas showed why he is on the Costa Rican side. Good game good runs good shots. 

Negatives: Piatti- although he scored a nice goal from help from his countryman Ontivero, who was pretty good, Piatti again was trying to do too much. Just pass osti!   Shipp- seriously WTF is up w this guy? He looks static out there. Passive. And he's slow as fudge. Not the same player we saw early in the season. Oh yeah and our defensive structure is crumbling just like the Turcot exchange. 

Ontivero finally nets one and Drogba with the game winner. Oduro missed a few good chances. Defence (Bush and Tissot) shaky without Ciman in lineup but overcome jitters and perform better in second half. Good start by rookie draft pick Fischer. Another strong performance by Lefevre. Bernier came on for Donadel in the first half and played a great match. 

3 hours ago, Dub Narcotic said:

Interesting that Fisher started. Maybe he's a Jordan Hamilton type who looks better on the senior team than on the USL team.

I just think that they didn't have a choice. Ciman and Oyongo with their national team, Cabrera and Toia injured so they had 4 healthy defenders. Sure they could have gone with Gagnon-Laparé instead, but who else could they have put in? 

3 hours ago, Areathrasher said:

Any idea on they are going to approach the V's cup? Full strength or mix of depth and kids? 

Kronberg will start. I expect the same back four that played this weekend due to lack of depth (See above) Now for the other 6 players, I don't know. The Impact have so many injuries, that it's really hard to bench starters, but I wouldn't be surprised if they put 1 or 2 academy players on the bench. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, red card said:

The British announcer on TSN said he played for Toronto. 

They blamed him for the first goal and so did the TSN panel.

He did get caught out of position for the first goal, but I wouldn't lay 100% of the blame at his feet. I thought he played pretty well, overall, before being subbed for an attacker late in the game. 

I thought he was one of the better Belgians out there, especially considering he was playing out of position. Lukaku was the biggest disappointment, closely followed by De Bruyne and Hazard. There was so little committent in the attacks, that it was quit worrying. On the other side Italy played extremely well so chances are they'll improve during the tournament. 

So frustrating. Ignacio Piatti is a talented player no doubt. He's a very good player but he's not a great player. What would make him a great player was if he had the ability to read runs and make passes to open teammates. It's soooo annoying to see him dribble and rather than distribute the ball to an open teammate at goal he decides always to hog it and more often than not loses it.

Someone needs to tell him to pass the freaking ball. They could've easily won this game. Tip to Mauro Bielllo: Make use of the new training facility and have Nacho review video of all the times he could've passed the ball. 

On 26-6-2016 at 10:35 AM, Moldy9 said:

So frustrating. Ignacio Piatti is a talented player no doubt. He's a very good player but he's not a great player.

If he were a great player in his prime, he wouldn't be playing for Impact. And for all the times he wastes the ball, there's the few moments were he shows his class. If he'd always pass the ball, you wouldn't have that either.  It's what has gotten him so far and he's not going to change at age 31. 

Archived