Roof status of bc place?

Alex

The buildup to the Honduras match was all about whether or not the roof will be open. I've heard nothing about the Mexico game. We can freeze (or chill) them out like Honduras. What's the status? The csa wants it open right?? 

Not that it makes a difference, I've been in there with the hole opened and closed and I don't notice a difference, the hole is so small relative to the size of the roof. But for what it's worth the forecast is calling for no rain so I'm assuming it'll be open. Guaranteed the heat won't be on in there all week, that'll have more of an effect on the temperature than the roof.

55 minutes ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

Not that it makes a difference, I've been in there with the hole opened and closed and I don't notice a difference, the hole is so small relative to the size of the roof. But for what it's worth the forecast is calling for no rain so I'm assuming it'll be open. Guaranteed the heat won't be on in there all week, that'll have more of an effect on the temperature than the roof.

Uh no. Anyone who was at the second home game on March 9th 2013 between Columbus and Vancouver Whitecaps can tell you unequivocally that it matters a lot. I've been to been to pretty much every soccer match at the "new" BC place. Roof closed, it's a relatively constant environment. You're right in the sense that on a hot summer day and a normal spring day the temperature inside only fluctuates between "warm" and "slightly brisk". 

But let me tell you, when it's a bright and sunny day but it's cold outside and they leave the roof open... it gets REALLY cold in there. Will that be the case when there are 54,000+ in there? I don't know

Look no further than the Whitecaps twitter feed, when it's not a summer day and the roof is open.. there is always a friendly reminder to bring something warm to wear ;)

EDIT: Also the roof has been open when it's started to rain before so if it MUST be open, it can be open. The big hold up with the roof is that they can't open/close it when there are people in the building for liability reasons.

Shouldn't matter but why not have it as cool as possible. The low this Friday is supposed to be around 4 C high 10 C. A fair bit cooler than the Honduras match in November where we hit a high of 15. The roof is always open on days where rain is not forecasted which is the case this Friday. 

4 hours ago, Vancouver Fan said:

Shouldn't matter but why not have it as cool as possible. The low this Friday is supposed to be around 4 C high 10 C. A fair bit cooler than the Honduras match in November where we hit a high of 15. The roof is always open on days where rain is not forecasted which is the case this Friday. 

Agreed. If we get result, I doubt we will have the temperature to thank. That being said, we only get one home match against these guys. We have to try to take any available advantage that we can. 

18 hours ago, Alex said:

The buildup to the Honduras match was all about whether or not the roof will be open. I've heard nothing about the Mexico game. We can freeze (or chill) them out like Honduras. What's the status? The csa wants it open right?? 

Unless it is pissing rain Friday afternoon; I would think it will be open.  Weather report seems to indicate it won't be raining at all by kick off so I think we can say 95% it's open

BC Place sold out with the roof open will be an amazing atmosphere.

soak it up everyone; who knows if we catch lighting in a bottle like this anytime soon.....  enjoy every moment of tomorrow night, win or lose.

8 minutes ago, amanfromvancouver said:

Unless it is pissing rain Friday afternoon; I would think it will be open.  Weather report seems to indicate it won't be raining at all by kick off so I think we can say 95% it's open

BC Place sold out with the roof open will be an amazing atmosphere.

soak it up everyone; who knows if we catch lighting in a bottle like this anytime soon.....  enjoy every moment of tomorrow night, win or lose.

Win, or draw......and there will be definitely be more nights like this. 

Blowout loss....and things will go back to normal.

3 hours ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

Win, or draw......and there will be definitely be more nights like this. 

Blowout loss....and things will go back to normal.

What about a 1-0 loss?

Archived