Charlie Trafford

Fussball_eh

• 4 weeks later...

As Fussball_eh posted in the MOACA he has signed  with Korona Kielce of the Ekstraklasa, Poland’s top division.

Nice move for him and hopefully he can get some minutes. It will end up being quite a long season for him between the Finnish league and whatever action he gets in Poland. 

As Fussball_eh posted in the MOACA he has signed  with Korona Kielce of the Ekstraklasa, Poland’s top division.

Nice move for him and hopefully he can get some minutes. It will end up being quite a long season for him between the Finnish league and whatever action he gets in Poland. 

Well the Finnish season is done and he will start playing in January. Unless you meant to say "off-season" ?

• 1 month later...

I actually didn't mind watching this entire interview because Charlie! can give the "right" answers while still being himself and showing his personality. Hope it goes really well for him in Poland!

Edited by Ghonj

Excited for this player (and not just because he's a Calgary lad). I was really impressed with how he preformed against Ghana. 

Interesting to hear from him that the level is much quicker and physical than Finland. It sounds like a significant jump.

That is great news for him and us. I hope he can impress and become a key member of Korona. It will only bode well for his chances of a call up this campaign!

It will be interesting indeed.  The jump is significant from Finnish to Polish League. Then let's not forget the league format. AFTER THE INITIAL 30 ROUNDS points and table is Split in Half. 1-8//9-16(grupa mistrzowska//grupa spadkowa) and so are your points. 70pts becomes 35pts. 8pts difference becomes 4pts...

The Final 7 rounds(Round 31-37) become crucial for a lot of Top and Bottom teams. Right now 8-16 there is 4pts separating them...meaning 2pts after 30th round.

20160123_145016.png

17 hours ago, canadianfoot said:

It will be interesting indeed.  The jump is significant from Finnish to Polish League. Then let's not forget the league format. AFTER THE INITIAL 30 ROUNDS points and table is Split in Half. 1-8//9-16(grupa mistrzowska//grupa spadkowa) and so are your points. 70pts becomes 35pts. 8pts difference becomes 4pts...

The Final 7 rounds(Round 31-37) become crucial for a lot of Top and Bottom teams. Right now 8-16 there is 4pts separating them...meaning 2pts after 30th round.

20160123_145016.png

WTF. That's even more insane than the NASL format :D

Mmm if I use the same logic, in the sense of some MLS players who were "produced" by certain academies, I get stick on these boards. Anyway I don't think he played in any of those shiny stadiums at time (which wasn't that long ago in 2010). Most were built or renovated for the Euros in 2012. Now it looks like practically all of the teams some how got a brand new stadium to play at. Kielce for instance Arena_Kielce.jpg

It's a nice stadium. One of THE cheapest in Ekstraklasa (from those built in last decade) 50 millions PLN in 2006 without land. Even with inflation I wouldn't mind something like that for a Canadian Team for 50 millions CAD. Piast Gliwice has a descent one but 10k capacity.

Yeah a crap load of stadiums were built and most of them Simply Can't be filled.

Attendance hovers at a 10k avg.

Yeah sure Legia/Lech/Wisła/Slask and sometimes Lechia have sold out games....but seldomly. 

Canadian MLS Teams have better Attendance. 

Lewandowski is a one off player it won't happen again for 20yrs...most Polish players are sold for under 5 millions Euros and those a few and far between. Still I hope Charlie uses the Polish League to gain experience he ain't young anymore it's now or never.

Well Charlie is in Cyprus with the team getting ready for rest of season.

Edited by canadianfoot