Charlie Trafford

Fussball_eh

• 2 months later...

If I understand the situation correctly, unless Trafford's Hamilton Academical side can beat Kilmarnock by 9 goals on Sunday, they will be relegated from the Scottish Premiership.

Trafford mentioned last year that he had ambitions to get another #CanMNT call-up. His logic was that Millar and Spoony got call-ups from playing in this league, so if I play well, then why not me? Unfortunately for him, it seems unlikely that a call is coming at the present time.

I think he has one year left on his contract; I'm not sure if it has a relegation clause.

If I took the time to make one, he might be in my 60-man preliminary Gold Cup Squad...

Edit:

As a reminder, he hasn't gotten any #CanMNT calls in over 4 years (since Finlay was coach).

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

From my observations, unless we are playing with 2 defensive mids and plan to be behind the ball for 90 I can’t imagine a call.

I believe his contract is up in a few weeks aswell.

edit: I keep forgetting about the multiple squads 

On 5/12/2021 at 2:34 PM, VinceA said:

I think he's an option for the GC but Hamilton getting relegated can't have helped his chances. I think (and hope) the CPL is in his future.

Hamilton being relegated this year would be irrelevant, as he still played the year in the SPL.  Assuming he can get playing time, I hope his future continues to be in Scotland, ideally at the Premiership level but the Championship would be fine too.  They would both pay him more than the CPL likely would, and I think they're both higher caliber leagues.  Unless by "in his future" you mean years from now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...