Gold Cup- Canada vs Jamaica- July 11- Houston, Texas

king1010

Here is the thing though. Even if you put in JO RT and SP as your three in thr middle, who would be my pics, have they even played together much. So much unfamiliarity and then still what it really comes down to is AH and WJ missing for me. 2-1 JAM.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get the panic, the only real flaw with the last game aside from being boring as hell was putting Teibert and Osorio in too late. The strategy is relatively clear, defend, hold solid, hoof the ball to the big strong fast 3 up front and otherwise sit back and absorb pressure. Bring the attacking creative players in later to look for a goal if necessary.

JDG in for Bekker is huge for linking the play from the back to the front.  That said, Teibert should replace Straith for the same reason.  I REALLY don't think Straith can keep up with the Jamaican forwards. 

The only reason people think Straith is a good defensive pick is that he played CB.  But he's actually NOT that super in defense.  Sorry.

I don't get the panic, the only real flaw with the last game aside from being boring as hell was putting Teibert and Osorio in too late. The strategy is relatively clear, defend, hold solid, hoof the ball to the big strong fast 3 up front and otherwise sit back and absorb pressure. Bring the attacking creative players in later to look for a goal if necessary.

That's great if your strategy is to simply "not lose".  Which wouldn't be bad in the game against Costa Rica.  However these first 2 games against El Salvador and Jamaica is where your strategy should primarily be offensive IMO.  

That's great if your strategy is to simply "not lose".  Which wouldn't be bad in the game against Costa Rica.  However these first 2 games against El Salvador and Jamaica is where your strategy should primarily be offensive IMO.  

The strategy is don't lose early, not don't lose.

Damn. I was one of the many who was hoping Osorio's exclusion was rotational. I don't mind Ricketts starting so much based on how much better he looked with Tesho and Larin against Dominica. Here's hoping he's a bit more mindful tonight.

I have to agree though, I'm worried.

Damn. I was one of the many who was hoping Osorio's exclusion was rotational. I don't mind Ricketts starting so much based on how much better he looked with Tesho and Larin against Dominica. Here's hoping he's a bit more mindful tonight.

I have to agree though, I'm worried.

I was disappointed with all three forward players against El Salvador. Larin, more than the other two, can make the argument about lack of service. But Akindele generated little and was frustrated too easily. Ricketts didn't do much better in attack, but unlike Akindele came back on numerous occasions to defend and win back possession.

The strategy is don't lose early, not don't lose.

Well I think if the plan is to play defensive I don't understand why you wouldn't at least have Ricketts as the lone striker to chase the long balls and counter-attack.  He fast and needs to be driving the net straight-on IMO.

JDG in for Bekker is huge for linking the play from the back to the front.  That said, Teibert should replace Straith for the same reason.  I REALLY don't think Straith can keep up with the Jamaican forwards. 

The only reason people think Straith is a good defensive pick is that he played CB.  But he's actually NOT that super in defense.  Sorry.

I guess Floro didn't get your memo.

I still think we can grind out a result here

Archived