Gold Cup- Canada vs Jamaica- July 11- Houston, Texas

king1010

I rate Jamaica above Canada at this point as well (as the consensus here seems to be). BUT, sometimes it takes a better opponent to bring out better play. If we manage to play to our full extend, without pressure so to say, why not beat them 2-1? After falling behind that is.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I  understand  it  will  be  very  hot  in  Houston  today.  Hopefully  out  boys  will  play  a  lot  better   against  better  competion  today.  I  got  to  ber  honest  I didi  not  expect   a  lot  in  this  tourney  I  was  hoping   they  would  use  this  as  experience   come  world  cup  qualifying  but   this  is  opportunity  for  our  boys  to  do  something  for  confidence  reasons.

Certainly a different dynamic in terms of the style of the opposition.  I didn't see their match vs CR but I'm speculating that they'll be a more direct team looking to spring their front runners.  But in the hot, energy sapping humidity keeping the ball is the best defense and I wouldn't be surprised to see a player selection that reflects that, so for the Bekker haterz out there, be forewarned should De Guzman once again be unable to go.  I think we can grind out a result here, perhaps nip all the points off a counterattack:  go Cyle!

Certainly a different dynamic in terms of the style of the opposition.  I didn't see their match vs CR but I'm speculating that they'll be a more direct team looking to spring their front runners.  But in the hot, energy sapping humidity keeping the ball is the best defense and I wouldn't be surprised to see a player selection that reflects that, so for the Bekker haterz out there, be forewarned should De Guzman once again be unable to go.  I think we can grind out a result here, perhaps nip all the points off a counterattack:  go Cyle!

They scored twice on laughably bad defending by CR, as long as things stay solid they didn't look very threatening at all

Probably won't happen, but I really hope Jackson starts in the place of ricketts. Ricketts really isn't good, all he offers is a sprinters speed. But this is not a race, it's a soccer game and he has nothing else to offer. Jackson is far better

And Jackson brings what? He's done what in the past two years?

Well here we go. The cycle of emotions begins again. El Salvador game ends... Disappointment, anger, acceptance, searching for positives, believing the positives, genuine hope, excitement... Game time. 

Line-up: Hopeful

Larin

De Jong, Akindele

Osorio, Teibert

Piette

Morgan,Jakovic,Edgar,Ledgerwood

Stamp

That's what I want, I know it probably won't happen. 

I assume the three forwards will be the same. I am hopeful that that is the only difference from my line-up. 

Also for the first time in my life I am actually supporting Ledgerwood starting (O god) His painful mediocrity has won me over if for no other reason then he is not awful (most of the time).

Well here we go. The cycle of emotions begins again. El Salvador game ends... Disappointment, anger, acceptance, searching for positives, believing the positives, genuine hope, excitement... Game time.

Line-up: Hopeful

Larin

De Jong, Akindele

Osorio, Teibert

Piette

Morgan,Jakovic,Edgar,Ledgerwood

Stamp

That's what I want, I know it probably won't happen.

I assume the three forwards will be the same. I am hopeful that that is the only difference from my line-up.

Also for the first time in my life I am actually supporting Ledgerwood starting (O god) His painful mediocrity has won me over if for no other reason then he is not awful (most of the time).

This is my line up as well. De jong for ricketts. Morgan osorio teibert in. Toss up between piette or jdg.

Ledgerwood doesnt make big plays. But hes pretty steady as well and doesnt mess up too often. Ive been happy with his steady eddy play.

I'm okay with that lineup.  I'm also okay with a few changes up top if for no other reason than man management.  USA has a lot of depth, and made 8 changes to their starting lineup.  Perhaps Floro will also demonstrate depth and have a huge lineup change.

The ONLY thing I don't want to see is Bekker and Straith.  No offense to either player but they aren't at the level required for a competition of this caliber.

It's the word before "........ dynamite" hot here, which is both great and not. If you're in Houston, meet us at Lucky's. On the patio in the back at the horseshoe bar, Bob the Canadian bartender will be serving us. Sports Shaman and I will be there around 15:45.

Archived