FC Montreal

shermanator

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting to see them sign three keepers. I figure Crepeau will be loaned and be the #1. Based on Klopas disdain for Canadians it looks like JGL, AJH, and LBG will be loaned down as well, along with maybe a Romario Williams.

I would assume all of these folks would be starters at FC Montreal until injuries dictate otherwise?

I am skeptical that this is the right way to go as well. We already saw in the TFC 2 - Fury friendly that Ottawa just beat the crap out of the young TFC side on set pieces and bullied them off the ball when Toronto tried to play on the ground. A few USL vets to complement the youth players and loanees will be the way to go in my opinion.

edit: They have 26 players on this roster? How many of them are going to play, especially when you account for the MLS loanees? Are no academy players going to be called up? I find this team construction very confusing.

I am skeptical that this is the right way to go as well. We already saw in the TFC 2 - Fury friendly that Ottawa just beat the crap out of the young TFC side on set pieces and bullied them off the ball when Toronto tried to play on the ground. A few USL vets to complement the youth players and loanees will be the way to go in my opinion.

edit: They have 26 players on this roster? How many of them are going to play, especially when you account for the MLS loanees? Are no academy players going to be called up? I find this team construction very confusing.

Couldn't agree more withe this post. You need some experience in there.

• 2 weeks later...

Well done to Montreal and Vancouver second teams with filling out the rosters.  TFC meanwhile chose to bring in American Alex Bono to take away Roberts (proven USL keeper) spot... nice pick up but at least loan him elsewhere. Can't say I'm that impressed with TFC's USL roster so far.

The wildcard for WC2 is where you expect to see all the current bench and bubble players get a proper runout? It's nice to look at all those Canadian names and dream but where do the following non-Canadians get to play extended blocks of time: Sampson, Deybi, Mattocks, Tornaghi, Dean, Hurtado, Lewis, Parker?

Well done to Montreal and Vancouver second teams with filling out the rosters.  TFC meanwhile chose to bring in American Alex Bono to take away Roberts (proven USL keeper) spot... nice pick up but at least loan him elsewhere. Can't say I'm that impressed with TFC's USL roster so far.

Roberts is with the Canadian team.

Have you seen our team? A few Canadian journeymen getting shots, a few young guys who recently came back to Canada, and a bunch of our young MLS  guys or academy players.

What a ridiculous statement.

Have you seen our team? A few Canadian journeymen getting shots, a few young guys who recently came back to Canada, and a bunch of our young MLS  guys or academy players.

What a ridiculous statement.

Yeah, I don't see how TFC II is any less "impressive" a roster than the other two Canadian USL teams. All three are loaded with young Canadian talent, and it could be argued that TFC's roster is better at the upper end.

Hamilton, Chapman, Mannella, Aparicio, Babouli and Kaye are no slouches.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think we should jump to conclusions either.  It's the 2nd game of the season and there was a red card involved, 2 of the goals were scored after the red.  So let's give it a few weeks then see where we are at.  And yeah, ob1 is right, this is in the wrong forum

I don't understand why USL should be in the MLS section but whatever.

That was boys vs men yesterday. There needs to be some experience in the team. If it's not signed by FC Montreal then it should be loanees. What exactly are they learning now, that it's a big leap from high-level youth soccer to the Pro's? I could have told them that...I know it's early in the season, but I don't see them winning a lot of points against the oldskool USL clubs and they even lost to TFC (who has a similar problem). 

Montreal is playing with the least in game Canadian content of the 3 USL teams, despite having the most Canadian players.  Through 2 games - 1,530 minutes or 77% of the minutes available were by domestics.

In any other league this would be an amazing stat.

It must be more than 77%. FCM has 1 foreigner and yes Camara started one USL match and Morelli played both matches, but that's at least 86%. Ndiaye is a domestic player. I'm going off this.

http://www.impactmontreal.com/en/news/2015/03/fc-montreal-roster-unveiled

Archived