2015 Ottawa Fury FC NASL Season

ironcub14

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Incredible turnaround by this team. 7 wins in the first year, only 2 wins last spring and now 13 wins and just 1 loss. Really impressive. On top of that the breakthrough of Eustaquio, who's become a major factor in this team this year and I guess we can agree that Ottawa Fury has made huge strides in only 2 seasons. 

They are still hot, I don't see why they wouldn't be able to go all the way now. Take the Woosnam Cup (if Cosmos drop points in any of their 2 games left) and the Championship with some home-advantage. 

• 2 weeks later...

Fury threw the combined title away by playing a very inexperienced lineup yesterday against Atlanta, they were very lucky to end up with a 1-1 draw. but opened the door for the Cosmos who only had to win by 2 clear goals to win combined championship which they did with a 2-0 win.

Fury now have a much more dificult game against Minnesota.

Prediction NY Cosmos to beat Minnesota for the Championship.

Fury threw the combined title away by playing a very inexperienced lineup yesterday against Atlanta, they were very lucky to end up with a 1-1 draw. but opened the door for the Cosmos who only had to win by 2 clear goals to win combined championship which they did with a 2-0 win.

Fury now have a much more dificult game against Minnesota.

Prediction NY Cosmos to beat Minnesota for the Championship.

Agreed.  The Fury may regret not putting out their best against a very beatable Atlanta team.  Ottawa play a tougher semi-final (Minnesota is the last team to beat them at home) and Ottawa fans have to hope the Fury and Ft Lauderdale win in order for the national capital to host the Soccer Bowl.

Hey guys

I'm making the trip to Ottawa from Hamilton to catch the Ti-Cats/RedBlacks game and I see the game is at 3pm on Sunday and I think I may be picking tickets for the Fury game too. Just wondering if any other Voyaguers are going to the game or what section I should look into getting tickets for.

Hey guys

I'm making the trip to Ottawa from Hamilton to catch the Ti-Cats/RedBlacks game and I see the game is at 3pm on Sunday and I think I may be picking tickets for the Fury game too. Just wondering if any other Voyaguers are going to the game or what section I should look into getting tickets for.

Most V's, along with all the Fury supporters groups, sit in section W. You can buy tickets for that section for $10 cash ahead of the game directly from one of the SG. There's a meeting spot near the stadium and the tickets are available from about 60-45 minutes before kick off. I'll let some of the other Ottawa guys speak to the details because I'm not 100% sure they're still doing this, where and who to meet with.

PS Go RedBlacks!

Hey guys

Hi Hammer.  Like mserson says, the Bytown Boys will be selling tickets in the supporters section for $10 before the match.  If you send me a PM, I can make sure one is reserved for you and will put you in contact with the person responsible.  BTW, most of the BBSC folks are also Voyageurs.

I am not sure about Bytown Boys, but for SMR the process is a bit different then usual because it is the playoffs.

First of all, the ticket prices are 15 dollars and you need to fill out this form here: http://stonymondayriot.com/section-w/ .

Do it soon, as tickets are going fast!

Most V's, along with all the Fury supporters groups, sit in section W. You can buy tickets for that section for $10 cash ahead of the game directly from one of the SG. There's a meeting spot near the stadium and the tickets are available from about 60-45 minutes before kick off. I'll let some of the other Ottawa guys speak to the details because I'm not 100% sure they're still doing this, where and who to meet with.

PS Go RedBlacks!

Hi Hammer.  Like mserson says, the Bytown Boys will be selling tickets in the supporters section for $10 before the match.  If you send me a PM, I can make sure one is reserved for you and will put you in contact with the person responsible.  BTW, most of the BBSC folks are also Voyageurs.

Hey guys

Does anyone know whether they'll be able to remove those awful football lines in time for Sunday's game?  The Redblacks play Saturday afternoon, and I thought they typically need more than a day to remove them.  It would be unfortunate if they couldn't remove them in time, because it's a good opportunity to showecase the team/product to some new fans.  I've found it painful to watch the games where they haven't had time to remove them.

Does anyone know whether they'll be able to remove those awful football lines in time for Sunday's game?  The Redblacks play Saturday afternoon, and I thought they typically need more than a day to remove them.  It would be unfortunate if they couldn't remove them in time, because it's a good opportunity to showecase the team/product to some new fans.  I've found it painful to watch the games where they haven't had time to remove them.

Haven't heard anything official, but the good news is that the Fury game is after and not before the game. It takes much longer to paint them, then to clean them off. They should have enough time to get rid of them in time!

I just thought I'd say thank you to the Bytown boys for being great hosts and being a good time in general. Good to meet you Jambo as well as some of the other supporters. I'm really glad I stayed and sincerely hope we can get an NASL team in Hamilton.

Where you the guy with the Voyaguer's flag? I was the drunk guy, who at one point took his shirt off and who was the first to storm on the field :D

Looks like Romuald Peiser has won the NASL Golden Glove award for the year. Congrats to him! I guess this means that Ottawa will now be signing Matt van Oekel to bolster their goalkeeping now. 

http://www.nasl.com/news/2015/11/10/ottawa-fury-fc-goalkeeper-romuald-peiser-claims-nasl-golden-glove-award

Can't do that! FCEd has those consistent gloves LOCKED DOWN!

But seriously Ottawa, want to trade?

Where you the guy with the Voyaguer's flag? I was the drunk guy, who at one point took his shirt off and who was the first to storm on the field :D

Not the flag, I had a Voyaguer's Scarf and the Canoe shirt on. 6 ft balding guy with a goatee. Ended up being fairly close to Frosty.

Not the flag, I had a Voyaguer's Scarf and the Canoe shirt on. 6 ft balding guy with a goatee. Ended up being fairly close to Frosty.

It was good to meet you Hammer.  Hopefully Hamilton will get an NASL team soon and we can start a rivalry that's a bit closer than the one we have with FC Edmonton.  BTW, you picked a hell of a match to be at...

Great run and MDS deserves COTY. Too bad it ended with a loss in the soccer bowl but 2 goals while down a man was so sweet. Good luck next year.

Press conference today looks like to announce new head coach, rumours are they have gone outside of their coaching  core to get a relacement for Marc Dos Santos, the replacement is rumoured to be  Paul Dalglish, son of Scottish legend Kenny Dalglish.

Paul had a 11 year playing career playing for 11 different teams, he then started his coaching career with

2009 Houston Dynamo (assistant)
2010 FC Tampa Bay
2012–2013 Austin Aztex
2014 Real Salt Lake (assistant)
2015– Austin Aztex

Possible reason why assistant coach Martin Nash was not given the chance to take over was his lack of contacts in the football world.

It will be interesting if Paul Dalglish will keep any of the coaches.

Seems to be a very swift move to get a replacement.

Marc Dos Santos introduced as Swope Park Rangers head coach

The Swope Park Rangers announced the hiring of head coach Marc Dos Santos on Friday ahead of the club’s inaugural USL season in 2016. Dos Santos will also serve as an assistant on the Sporting Kansas City coaching staff under Manager Peter Vermes.

http://www.sportingkc.com/post/2015/11/20/marc-dos-santos-introduced-swope-park-rangers-head-coach

Archived