2015 Ottawa Fury FC NASL Season

ironcub14

Wasn't it clear coming into the season that Ottawa was pretty average?

I think 4 years ago the current squad they have now would be great in NASL which is maybe why some people have higher expectations, but this is NASL 2.0 just as MLS is 2.0 and pushing many talents down to the lower ranks, not to mention the stars/internationals some of the NASL clubs have brought in.  

It's great that young Canadians can get minutes at this level, which is comparable to MLS 1.0 at this point.  

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the scheduling will be an issue for attendance - lots of Saturday 3:00 pm games scheduled.  I would think evening games would draw better and I know that personally, I've already missed a couple of games because of the timing.

I was actually thinking that they would be drawing large crowds with their Fury Fanatics program (where kids 14 and under are able to attend for free; pretty much every major local youth club in Ottawa has signed on, with the exception of one that refuses to).  But the most they've drawn so far was 5,100, which is about what they got all of last season.

Though I wish there were more people at Lansdowne for the game against Edmonton, I wasn't surprised to see the place close to empty. A cold weeknight, plus the Senators playing what could have been their last game of the season.

However, the game against the Strikers is a bit more worrisome. I wasn't in town, so I don't know what the weather was like, but considering the Sens weren't playing that day and there wasn't any other major event in town...

Hopefully it picks up. What would most people consider a good average attendance for this season?

Though I wish there were more people at Lansdowne for the game against Edmonton, I wasn't surprised to see the place close to empty. A cold weeknight, plus the Senators playing what could have been their last game of the season.

However, the game against the Strikers is a bit more worrisome. I wasn't in town, so I don't know what the weather was like, but considering the Sens weren't playing that day and there wasn't any other major event in town...

Hopefully it picks up. What would most people consider a good average attendance for this season?

14,593 would be fantastic :D

More seriously, a bump from the 4,669 last season. 6,000 should be the target at least, but we've never hit 6,000 except for the big TD opener or the Rangers friendly.

2015 Fury FC NASL Season – Matchday 4 – Ottawa Fury FC vs. Ft. Lauderdale Strikers FC Review – 1-3 L

When: Saturday, April 25, 2015 @ 3:00pm EDT

Where: TD Place Stadium, Lansdowne Park, Ottawa, ON (Watch at OttawaFuryFC.com, Rogers TV 22, RogersTV.com, TSN Go, ESPN 3; Listen at TSN 1200 AM, 94,5 Unique FM)

Ottawa Injuries and Suspensions: CM Phil Davies (out – arm), DM Richie Ryan (out – knee), LB/LW Brandon Poltronieri (out – knock)

Ottawa (4-2-3-1) – Peiser; Randolph (Misik 86′), Falvey, Rafael Alves, Richter; de Guzman, Paterson (Wiedeman 67′); Paulo Jr., Oliver (Ubiparipovic 56′), Haworth; Heinemann

Ottawa Subs: DeBellis, Trafford, Beckie, Eustaquio, Misik, Ubiparipovic, Wiedeman

Ft. Lauderdale (4-4-2) – Nasco (Brown 12’); Guerrero, Kling, Sanfilippo, Chin; PC (Navarro 84’), Gonzalez, Freitas, Moura; Sanchez (Pinho 62’), Angulo

Ottawa Goal/Assist – Rafael Alves (Ubiparipovic 77′)

Ft. Lauderdale Goals – Angulo (41′, 90′), Freitas (64′)

OFFC Fury FC MotM – TBD

More seriously, a bump from the 4,669 last season. 6,000 should be the target at least, but we've never hit 6,000 except for the big TD opener or the Rangers friendly.

6000 is a good target in my opinion. It's realistic, but mainly if the club is well-promoted in the community. I would be happy with 4-5k, but not thrilled. Anything less than 4k is worrying.

A factor to consider is that Ottawa is a fickle sports town. If the team starts winning, attendance should benefit.

6000 is a good target in my opinion. It's realistic, but mainly if the club is well-promoted in the community. I would be happy with 4-5k, but not thrilled. Anything less than 4k is worrying.

A factor to consider is that Ottawa is a fickle sports town. If the team starts winning, attendance should benefit.

Yeah, I'm thinking more on the lower end of that. If there was 5,000 for the home opener, on what was a very nice day (other than a bit chilly), I feel like it will be hard to crack that number as an average.

However, hopefully the WWC can help promote the sport in general. Combine that with a good stretch by the team at the right time, and who knows...

2015 Fury FC Canadian Championship (Voyageurs Cup) – Preliminary Round, 2nd Leg – FC Edmonton vs. Ottawa Fury FC Preview

When: Wednesday, April 29, 2015 @ 10:00pm EDT

Where: Clarke Stadium, Edmonton, AB (Watch at OttawaFuryFC.com, CanadaSoccer.com; Listen at TSN 1200 FM)

Ottawa Injuries and Suspensions: CM Phil Davies (out – arm, expected back Fall Season), DM Richie Ryan (out – ankle, 1-2 weeks), LB Mike Randolph (out – knock), CAM Oliver (out – knock)

Ottawa Returnees: LB/LW Brandon Poltronieri (return – knock)

Ottawa Previous Matchday Lineup – 1-3 L vs. Ft. Lauderdale – (4-2-3-1) – Peiser; Randolph (Misik 86′), Falvey, Rafael Alves, Richter; de Guzman, Paterson (Wiedeman 67′); Paulo Jr., Oliver (Ubiparipovic 56′), Haworth; Heinemann

Edmonton Previous Matchday Lineup – 1-3 W vs. Ottawa – (4-1-4-1) – VanOekel; Moses, Watson, Roberts, Edward; Granitto (Raudales 60’); Smith (Laing 59’), Jalali (Fordyce 70’), Jones, Nyassi; Ameobi

Edmonton Players to Watch: Lance Laing, Sainey Nyassi, Tomi Ameobi

2015 Fury FC Canadian Championship (Voyageurs Cup) – Preliminary Round, 2nd Leg – Edmonton vs Ottawa Review

2015 Fury FC Canadian Championship (Voyageurs Cup) – Preliminary Round, 2nd Leg – FC Edmonton vs. Ottawa Fury FC Review – 3-1 L (6-2 L on aggregate)

When: Wednesday, April 29, 2015 @ 10:00pm EDT

Where: Clarke Stadium, Edmonton, AB (Watch at CanadaSoccer.com; Listen at TSN 1200 FM)

Ottawa Injuries and Suspensions: CM Phil Davies (out – arm, expected back Fall Season), DM Richie Ryan (out – ankle, 1-2 weeks), LB Mike Randolph (out – knock), CAM Oliver (out – knock)

Ottawa Returnees: LB/LW Brandon Poltronieri (return – knock)

Ottawa Lineup – (4-3-3) – Peiser 6; Poltronieri 5, Trafford 5 (Eustaquio 80′), Falvey 7, Richter 6; Ubiparipovic 7, Beckie 6, Paterson 7 (Heinemann 57′, 6); Paulo Jr. 6 (Misik 80′), Wiedeman 8, Haworth 6

Edmonton Lineup – (4-1-4-1) – VanOekel, Moses, Watson, Roberts, Edward, Laing (Nonni 46′), Fordyce, Raudales (Burt 71′), Jones, Nyassi (Boakai 81′), Ameobi

Ottawa Goal/Assist – Wiedeman (Paterson 32′)

Edmonton Goals – Ameobi (8′), Nyassi (14′), Fordyce (81′)

Just not good enough over two legs; felt Ottawa was pretty wasteful with some of their chances but full credit to Edmonton who took advantage of their opportunities (and probably could have had more if not for Peiser). At least they came out and battled in the 2nd leg after that disastrous finish in the first game..

2015 Fury FC NASL Season – Matchday 4 – New York Cosmos vs. Ottawa Fury FC Preview

When: Saturday, May 2, 2015 @ 7:00pm EDT

Where: MCU Park, Brooklyn, NY (Watch at Rogers TV 22, RogersTV.com, OttawaFuryFC.com, TSN Go, ESPN3; Listen at TSN 1200 AM, 94,5 Unique FM)

Ottawa Injuries and Suspensions: CM Phil Davies (arm, fall season), DM Richie Ryan (knee, 3-4 weeks), LB Mike Randolph (knock, 1 week)

Ottawa Returnees: Manager Marc Dos Santos (bereavement, suspension), CAM/RW Oliver (knock)

New York Previous Matchday Lineup – 0-0 D at Atlanta – (4-2-3-1) – Maurer; Ayoze, Mendes ©, Roversio (Diosa), Gorskie; Szetela, Marcos Senna; Leonardo Fernandes (Stokkelien), Raul, Restrepo; Mkosana (Guenzatti)

New York Players to Watch: Raul Gonzalez, Danny Szetela, Walter Restrepo

2015 Fury FC NASL Season – Matchday 4 – New York Cosmos vs. Ottawa Fury FC Review – 1-0 L

When: Saturday, May 2, 2015 @ 7:00pm EDT

Where: MCU Park, Brooklyn, NY (Watch at Rogers TV 22, RogersTV.com, OttawaFuryFC.com, TSN Go, ESPN3; Listen at TSN 1200 AM, 94,5 Unique FM)

Ottawa Injuries and Suspensions: CM Phil Davies (arm, fall season), DM Richie Ryan (knee, 3-4 weeks), LB Mike Randolph (knock, 1 week)

Ottawa Returnees: Manager Marc Dos Santos (bereavement, suspension), CAM/RW Oliver (knock)

Ottawa Lineup (4-3-3) – Peiser; Poltronieri, Falvey, Rafael Alves, Richter; De Guzman, Beckie, Paterson (Ubiparipovic 68′); Paulo Jr. (Heinemann 24′), Wiedeman (Oliver 71′), Haworth

Ottawa Subs – DeBellis, Trafford, Eustaquio, Misik, Ubiparipovic, Oliver, Heinemann

New York Lineup (4-2-3-1) – Maurer; Ayoze, Mendes, Caceres, Gorskie; Szetela, Marcos Senna; Fernandes (Moffat 72′), Raul, Restrepo; Mkosana (Guenzatti 90′)

Ottawa Goal/Assist – None

New York Goal – Mkosana 13′

2015 Fury FC NASL Season – Matchday 5 – Ottawa Fury FC vs. Tampa Bay Rowdies Review – 0-0 D

When: Saturday, May 9, 2015 @ 3:00pm EDT

Where: TD Place Stadium, Lansdowne Park, Ottawa, ON (Watch at Rogers TV 22, RogersTV.com, OttawaFuryFC.com, TSN Go, ESPN3; Listen at TSN 1200 AM, 94,5 Unique FM)

Ottawa Injuries and Suspensions: CM Phil Davies (arm, fall season), DM Richie Ryan (knee, 2 weeks), LB Mike Randolph (knock, 1 week), F Oliver (knock, 1 week), ST Tom Heinemann (knock, 1 week)

Ottawa Returnees: N/A

Ottawa Lineup (4-3-3) – Peiser; Trafford, Falvey, Rafael Alves (Eustaquio 24’, Paterson 89’), Richter; Ubiparipovic, Beckie, de Guzman; Poltronieri, Wiedeman, Haworth (Paulo Jr. 67’)

Ottawa Subs – DeBellis, Eustaquio, Misik, Paterson, Dagnogo, Paulo Jr.

Tampa Bay Lineup (4-2-3-1) – Pickens; Sweat, Antonijevic, Mkandawire, King; Menjivar, Saragosa (Guerra 76’); Hertzog, Nunez (Shriver 80’), Boggs; Espinal (Hernandez 71’)

Tampa Bay Goal – None

• 2 weeks later...

2015 Fury FC NASL Season – Matchday 6 – Ottawa Fury FC vs. Indy Eleven Review – 1-0 W

When: Saturday, May 23, 2015 @ 3:00pm EDT

Where: TD Place Stadium, Lansdowne Park, Ottawa, ON (Watch at Rogers TV 22, RogersTV.com, OttawaFuryFC.com, TSN Go, ESPN3; Listen at TSN 1200 AM, 94,5 Unique FM)

Ottawa Injuries and Suspensions: CM Phil Davies (arm, fall season), LB Mike Randolph (knock, 1 week), F Oliver (knee, fall season), ST Andrew Wiedeman (concussion, 1 week)

Ottawa Returnees: DM Richie Ryan (knee), ST Tom Heinemann (knock)

Ottawa Lineup (4-3-3) – Peiser; Trafford, Falvey, Rafael Alves, Richter; Ubiparipovic, Beckie (Paterson 61’), De Guzman (Ryan 80’); Poltronieri (Heinemann 46’), Haworth, Paulo Jr.

Ottawa Subs – DeBellis, Eustaquio, Ryan, Misik, Paterson, Heinemann

Indy Lineup (4-2-3-1) – Nicht, Hyland, Norales, Janicki, Franco, Pineda, Ring (Keller 90’), Mares (Smart 84’), Peña (Brown 34’), Rugg, Wojcik

Ottawa Goal/Assist – Paterson (Ubiparipovic) 87′

Indy Goal – None

Hate to say it, but I just don't think Haworth is good enough for this level.

That's actually something that we've been speaking a bit more and more of recently this year. His hustle has never been in question, but just a bit of something is missing...

2015 Fury FC NASL Season – Matchday 7 – Ottawa Fury FC vs. FC Edmonton Review – 0-0 D

When: Friday, May 29, 2015 @ 7:00pm EDT

Ottawa Injuries and Suspensions: CM Phil Davies (arm, fall season), F Oliver (knee, fall season), DM Richie Ryan (knee, 1 week), ST Tom Heinemann (knock, 1 week)

Ottawa Returnees: LB Mike Randolph (knock, 1 week), ST Andrew Wiedeman (concussion, 1 week)

Ottawa Lineup (4-3-3) – Peiser; Trafford, Falvey, Rafael Alves, Richter; Ubiparipovic (Beckie 71′), Paterson (Misik 90′), De Guzman; Poltronieri (Wiedeman 62’), Haworth, Paulo Jr.

Ottawa Subs – DeBellis, Randolph, Eustaquio, Misik, Dagnogo, Wiedeman, Heinemann

Edmonton Lineup (4-1-4-1) – Smits, Zebie, Watson, Roberts, Moses, Laing, Jones, Raudales (Granitto 80’), Fordyce, Nyassi (Burt 72’), Jonke (Boakai 61’)

Edmonton Goal – None

2015 Fury FC NASL Season – Matchday 7 – Ottawa Fury FC vs. FC Edmonton Review – 0-0 D

When: Friday, May 29, 2015 @ 7:00pm EDT

Ottawa Injuries and Suspensions: CM Phil Davies (arm, fall season), F Oliver (knee, fall season), DM Richie Ryan (knee, 1 week), ST Tom Heinemann (knock, 1 week)

Ottawa Returnees: LB Mike Randolph (knock, 1 week), ST Andrew Wiedeman (concussion, 1 week)

Ottawa Lineup (4-3-3) – Peiser; Trafford, Falvey, Rafael Alves, Richter; Ubiparipovic (Beckie 71′), Paterson (Misik 90′), De Guzman; Poltronieri (Wiedeman 62’), Haworth, Paulo Jr.

Ottawa Subs – DeBellis, Randolph, Eustaquio, Misik, Dagnogo, Wiedeman, Heinemann

Edmonton Lineup (4-1-4-1) – Smits, Zebie, Watson, Roberts, Moses, Laing, Jones, Raudales (Granitto 80’), Fordyce, Nyassi (Burt 72’), Jonke (Boakai 61’)

Edmonton Goal – None

Announced attendance was over 5000.

Jacksonville 0 - 0 Ottawa Fury

Du Guzman, Haworth and Trafford all played 90 minutes, Beckie got 9 minutes and Eustaquio was a late 90' sub. Can we sticky a new 2015 Canadians in NASL thread?

There is a 2015 Canadians in NASL thread. Why do we need a new-er thread?

There is a 2015 Canadians in NASL thread. Why do we need a new-er thread?

I think the point is that the old 2014 version is still pinned to the top but the new 2015 (current) version is buried (to the point that some aren't even aware of it).

2015 Fury FC NASL Season – Matchday 8 – Jacksonville Armada FC vs. Ottawa Fury FC Review – 0-0 D

When: Sunday, June 7, 2015 @ 4:00pm EDT

Where: Community First Park, Jacksonville, FL (Watch at Rogers TV 22, RogersTV.com, OttawaFuryFC.com, TSN Go, ESPN3; Listen at TSN 1200 AM, 94,5 Unique FM)

Ottawa Returnees: None

Ottawa Lineup (4-3-3) – Peiser; Trafford, Falvey, Rafael Alves, Richter; Ubiparipovic (Eustaquio 90′), Paterson (Beckie 80′), De Guzman; Haworth, Wiedeman, Paulo Jr. (Poltronieri 68′)

Ottawa Subs – DeBellis, Beckie, Randolph, Poltronieri, Eustaquio, Misik, Dagnogo

Jacksonville Lineup (4-3-3) – Gullardo, Rodriguez (Krizanovic 64′), Trejo (Hrustic 80′), Ortiz, Bahner, Scaglia, Hoyos (Toby 72′), Castrillon, Johnson, Flores, Millien

Jacksonville Goal – None

Community First Park Attendance – 7,586

Archived