2015 Ottawa Fury FC NASL Season

ironcub14

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Capital tickets have no seats left so i made some enquiries and was told

A. We currently only have standing room tickets which are $13 , tickets in our supporter section which are $23 and club seats which are $49 and include food and non-alcoholic beverages.

Q. is the upper south side going to be opened or north stand

A. No we will not be doing that for this evenings match. In the future if we sell out of the lower south earlier on that would be a possibility

So i dont think the lower level and club seats add up to 10,000, i expect the lower level north stand will be full not sure if you can purchase tickets for there as i thought they were GT section and Fury fanatics. i expect about  8,000 total but if they win they better be prepared for next game against Cosmos

Article on the game here: http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/08/15/ottawa-fury-streak-ends-after-heartbreaker

The following is a video of the complete game. Doesn't show the conflict between the supporters and the Minnesota players but when teams celebrate goals in front of the opposing supporters section they are asking for trouble. As for the controversial calls, I think the ref got both right. The canceled goal was clearly caused by a foul on the keeper. And the foul that led to the winning goal was a pretty clear foul in my opinion (and of commentator and old time Voyageur Theo Gauthier) the Minnesota player got sandwiched between two Fury players. Peiser reacted very late to the shot and really should have stopped that free kick. Nice to see the Fury get a sellout of the reduced area of the stadium for soccer matches of 6899.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfyErQlNNss

So... pretty disappointing behaviour from Fury fans and especially the supporters tonight. I was with friends who were visiting from out of town and it was pretty embarrassing to explain. Stay classy Fury fans.

Speaking as an extremely active figure within one of the two supporters groups (Bytown Boys SC), I can tell you that behaviour was not done on behalf of our group in any way. We were extremely disappointed too, and feel we let our own players and team down.

Steps will be taken to control these situations I'm future.

Speaking as an extremely active figure within one of the two supporters groups (Bytown Boys SC), I can tell you that behaviour was not done on behalf of our group in any way. We were extremely disappointed too, and feel we let our own players and team down.

I just want to congratulate you being the "future", that must be great!

I spoke with someone today who was in the supporters section but is not part of either group and he mentioned that a lot of the people throwing objects were at the back of the section. He seemed to think that it was people who may have been more casual fans who took advantage of the $10 tickets and then got caught up in the moment.

Letter from the captain addressing Saturday night and promoting the next couple games.

Fury FC Fans,

Saturday night. What a night it was.

While the lads and I are still gutted from the loss, we were blown away by the crowd and the atmosphere at TD Place – the best we’ve yet to see at TD Place. We felt your passion and enthusiasm.

Following the Minnesota goal and the celebration in front of our fans, there were objects thrown onto the pitch and at the Minnesota players. This is dangerous, and disrespectful. We are better than that. The best way to get over a loss is to win the next battle.

The lads and I are all grateful for your continued support and we hope to have everyone back again for two crucial matches against the New York Cosmos (August 26) and Tampa Bay Rowdies (August 29). Remember that if you buy a ticket to either match, you get a ticket for the other FREE.

Keep the passion!

Richie Ryan
Captain, Ottawa Fury FC

"Remember that if you buy a ticket to either match, you get a ticket for the other FREE."

That's a ridiculously good promotion and a nice marketing "cheat", Ottawa will surely get to announce two more sellouts whether or not the place is full or not and build some more buzz.  

"Remember that if you buy a ticket to either match, you get a ticket for the other FREE."

That's a ridiculously good promotion and a nice marketing "cheat", Ottawa will surely get to announce two more sellouts whether or not the place is full or not and build some more buzz.  

They have done a really good job of filling seats. They're still only selling on the south side lower but they have opened the south side upper and north side field level for a couple games. I'm guessing that maybe half the tickets have actually been paid for. Not sure if it works out as a break even but it must because they keep these promotions going. The atmosphere is pretty good and the deal the SG have of $10 tickets has filled their section a couple of games. If anyone from Toronto or Montreal is in town around a Fury game it's definitely worth it to check them out. Just watch for flying cans.

Fury aim to shut down Raul and Cosmos in pivotal NASL contest

http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/local-sports/fury-aim-to-shut-down-raul-and-cosmos-in-pivotal-nasl-contest

The Cosmos feature forward Raul Gonzalez Blanco – generally known simply as Raul or the Madrid Magician in the soccer world – the third highest scorer in Champions League history and one of the greatest players in Spanish history.

Raul, 38, was named best striker in the world in 1999 and UEFA’s forward of the year in 2000, 2001 and 2002. He also represented Spain in three FIFA tournaments, serving as captain of the national team from 2002-06.

As impressive as Raul’s history is, however, the Fury players want to take another step toward making history of their own – a berth in the NASL playoffs.

I feel as though Fury respected the Cosmos too much the other night with the way they lined up at home. I think they realised it was a winnable game as well and that the Cosmos were not that great.

Problem was that both teams were happy with a draw, as it helps both of them. No one wanted to risk anything for the win, which made for a dreadfully boring game...

Being up 2-0 that early I thought they were going to cruise maybe even blow them out.   I hate when teams take their foot off the gas.

Yeah it was stupid. When have the Fury ever won trying to protect a lead? They should have continued what they were doing... We had no relief up front for like the last half an hour, of course they were finally going to score...

Archived