2015 Ottawa Fury FC NASL Season

ironcub14

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice attendance, seems like Fury attendance is on the rise. Are they comping/discounting tickets or is it a legitimate increase?

A lot of free tickets for kids. Youth soccer players under 12 get in free I think. Last game I was seemed like 1/3 of the attendance in my section.

2015 Fury FC NASL Season – Matchday 9 – San Antonio Scorpions FC vs. Ottawa Fury FC Review – 0-0 D

When: Saturday, June 13, 2015 @ 8:30pm EDT

Where: Toyota Field, San Antonio, TX (Watch at Rogers TV 22, RogersTV.com, OttawaFuryFC.com, TSN Go, ESPN3; Listen at TSN 1200 AM, 94,5 Unique FM)

Ottawa Injuries and Suspensions: F Oliver (knee, fall season), DM Richie Ryan (knee, fall season), DM Julian de Guzman (international duty, 1 week)

Ottawa Returnees: CM Phil Davies (arm), ST Tom Heinemann (knock)

Ottawa Lineup (4-3-3) – Peiser; Trafford, Falvey, Rafael Alves, Richter; Ubiparipovic, Eustaquio, Paterson; Poltronieri (Wiedeman 66′), Haworth (Heinemann 87′), Paulo Jr. (Davies 82′)

Ottawa Subs – DeBellis, Beckie, Randolph, Misik, Davies, Heinemann, Wiedeman

San Antonio Lineup (4-4-2) – Cardone, Soto, Cann, James, Gibson, Forbes, Castillo, Nane (De Roux 88′), Chavez, Cummings, Elizondo (Dike 87′)

Ottawa Goal/Assist – None

San Antonio Goal – None

Toyota Field Attendance – 6,709

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly missed the game against Jacksonville, as I will most of July.

Looks like it was an exciting one and the crowd sounded like it was very into it! 6,100 people who seem to have had a good time, hopefully they come back and we can build on it.

EDIT

Just noticed on the highlights that there were people on the lower portions of the north stands. Have the Fury opened these up for regular use? Or was that a special occasion?

Just noticed on the highlights that there were people on the lower portions of the north stands. Have the Fury opened these up for regular use? Or was that a special occasion?

It looked to me like the south end was sold out, so they may have opened a few of those seats up.

Also, they were 'club' seats which I beleive were given to sponsors to sell. So they were 'special access', not really for public sale.

2015 Fury FC NASL Season – Matchday 10 – Ottawa Fury FC vs. Jacksonville Armada FC Review – 2-0 W

When: Sunday, July 5, 2015 @ 3:00pm EDT

Where: TD Place, Lansdowne Park, Ottawa, ON (Watch at Rogers TV 22, RogersTV.com, OttawaFuryFC.com, TSN Go, ESPN3; Listen at TSN 1200 AM, 94,5 Unique FM)

Ottawa Injuries and Suspensions: CM Nicki Paterson (ACL, season), F Oliver (knee, 1-2 weeks), DM Julian de Guzman (international duty, 2 weeks), ST Aly Hassan (registration, 1 week)

Ottawa Returnees: DM Richie Ryan (knee)

Ottawa Lineup (4-3-3) – Peiser; Trafford, Falvey, Rafael Alves, Richter; Ubiparipovic (Davies 86′), Ryan, Eustaquio; Paulo Jr. (Heinemann 74′), Wiedeman (Poltronieri 72′), Haworth

Ottawa Subs – DeBellis, Beckie, Davies, Poltronieri, Dagnogo, Heinemann

Jacksonville Lineup (4-3-3) – Gallardo, Trejo, Hrustic (Nicklaw – 59’), Bahner, Rodriguez (Toby – 81’), Hoyos, Flores, Scaglia, Castrillon (Krizanovic – 79’), Keita, Johnson

Ottawa Goal/Assist – Trafford (Wiedeman) 12′, Heinemann (Poltronieri) 85′

Jacksonville Goal – None

Ottawa Attendance – 6,150

Sadly missed the game against Jacksonville, as I will most of July.

Looks like it was an exciting one and the crowd sounded like it was very into it! 6,100 people who seem to have had a good time, hopefully they come back and we can build on it.

EDIT

i wish all the kids sat over there

It looked to me like the south end was sold out,

The Fury do not sell tickets for the upper level of the south stands. I believe that they decided on the day to sell tickets for the lower section of the North stand. Actually those seats on the north side are better than the south side as you dont have the sun in your eyes, only problem is that there are no concessions on the north side.  Obviously if the crowds continue to grow the Fury will have to look into getting concessions over there.  With 3 games coming up in the next 8 days i dont think it will be a problem, if they can average 5,000 in those 3 games that would be good, also if they can win those games it would be even better.

And top of the Fall table! For now...

Very entertaining affair last night. I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of one touche passes from the Fury and how they often succesfully played out of trouble instead of hoofing the ball forward.

Crosses coming from the wing weren't always great, however. But they did not give Atlanta a lot of chances. Even when the Silverbacks did have most of the possession, it was very unproductive possession, while the Fury would be much more dangerous with the ball.

Sad that only 3,400 people made it to the game, though smaller crowds are to be expected for mid-week games. Good atmosphere nonetheless, it must be said! Hopefully they can get back to the 6,000 mark on Sunday.

And top of the Fall table! For now...

Very entertaining affair last night. I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of one touche passes from the Fury and how they often succesfully played out of trouble instead of hoofing the ball forward.

Crosses coming from the wing weren't always great, however. But they did not give Atlanta a lot of chances. Even when the Silverbacks did have most of the possession, it was very unproductive possession, while the Fury would be much more dangerous with the ball.

Sad that only 3,400 people made it to the game, though smaller crowds are to be expected for mid-week games. Good atmosphere nonetheless, it must be said! Hopefully they can get back to the 6,000 mark on Sunday.

Atlanta played 5 at the back, crosses weren't great cause it was congested.

Archived