2015 Ottawa Fury FC NASL Season

ironcub14

2 hours ago, mianjo said:

The Fury now have officially 11 players, 3 goalies, 3 defenders, 3 midfielders and 2 forwards.

Of the 3 goalies we know Peiser will play every minute as long as he is healthy, the 3 defenders Alves, Falvey and Trafford will play every minute if not injured or as   Fussball_eh  hints  Falvey might not be here, and if he is not i doubt Alves would stay. Anyway  3 midfielders De Guzman, Eustaquio and  Poltronieri.  Eustaquio and De Guzman should play every minute if healthy or not involved in Team Canada games, Poltronieri  was only a part timer this season and was last year with Atlanta.  2 forwards Haworth and Paulo scored a grand total  of 6 goals, Paolo did play in 29 out of 30 games and Haworth in 26 of 30 games this past season so should be involved in most games.

So basically we have a goalie, 3 defenders, 2 midfilders and 2 forwards and 1 sub goalie and 1 sub midfielder.  8 starters and 2 subs.

We are alittle short of players.  I really cant see any US based players wanting to move north unless they are being paid in US$ and then that is going to open up a whole new can of worms for the Cdn based players.

There must be plenty of foreign players who would welcome the chance to play professionally in Canada. What's the limit on non-NA players, and how many does the Fury have on the roster?

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting move. Carolina ownership must be paying more than couple years ago. Paul Hamilton_ex-fced) choose to retire rather than play on a minimum contract and be away from his wife. Ottawa should just sell Favley. Fury should have alot of opportunities for Canadian players this year. 

23 minutes ago, yothat said:

Interesting move. Carolina ownership must be paying more than couple years ago. Paul Hamilton_ex-fced) choose to retire rather than play on a minimum contract and be away from his wife. Ottawa should just sell Favley. Fury should have alot of opportunities for Canadian players this year. 

Why in the world would we sell Colin Falvey?

4 hours ago, mianjo said:

Fury should have alot of opportunities for Canadian players this year.      Beckie is a Canadian but they let him go

Beckie is Canadian born but grew up a lot in Colorado. I believe he doesn't count as an international, so there were lots of other opportunities for him.

3 hours ago, gwsmith63 said:

I get the confusing part if 'Ryan' was used but you said Richter.

I haven't seen anything anywhere on Richter so was surprised to see this stated as fact about Jacksonville.

Yeah my bad, I am running on little sleep.

Word on the street is that Ryan Richter is going to new USL side Bethlehem Steel.

21 minutes ago, jordan said:

yes the reserve side and Philly also drafted him in 2011. 

And I could see him moving up from BS to the Union. Despite his difficulties at TFC and being a bit slow, I think he could give a good account of himself in MLS.

Archived