Toronto @ Montreal V's Cup Final 2nd Leg

The Kings of Canadian Soccer will be Crowned today. TFC clear favourites to win it all. Will Kyle Bekker fulfill his destiny and lead his team to Glory? Will tonite be the final nail in the coffin for Klopas? Will the UM02 stop singing after TFCs first goal? More importantly, who will be awarding the Cup tonite? Rumours are swirling...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will Kyle Bekker fulfill his destiny and lead his team to Glory?

Will tonite be the final nail in the coffin for Klopas?

Will the UM02 stop singing after TFCs first goal? 

More importantly, who will be awarding the Cup tonite? Rumours are swirling... 

Beker's destiny? LOL

No, unless they lose by 3+ goals.

Only if they have a DeSantis out banner when TFC scores

Lord Bob has flown from Vancouver to award it this year. That would be epic. Lord Bob with a sack the CSA t-shirt on TV yelling to us. The CSA screwed my teams.

How is the attitude toward Klopas among fans at the moment?

When I read the comments coming from Chicago players after the move was announced I had a feeling he might not do well since the most prominent descriptors for his game were "lackadaisical" and "unfocused", and it seemed to me last Wednesday that only Mapp and Bernier were really giving a full effort. Is there a "Klopas Out" thing growing or are people okay with him?

The Kings of Canadian Soccer will be Crowned today. TFC clear favourites to win it all. Will Kyle Bekker fulfill his destiny and lead his team to Glory? Will tonite be the final nail in the coffin for Klopas? Will the UM02 stop singing after TFCs first goal? More importantly, who will be awarding the Cup tonite? Rumours are swirling...

Bet 365 Odds makers have Impact as the favourites  2.25 3.40 3.10, Klopas can't be fired without De Santis going too, UM02 never surrender.

How is the attitude toward Klopas among fans at the moment?

A lot of people think that firing Klopas would do nothing really because de Santis would be still running the show. Yes some fans want him out, but the team has played better in the past two games. Ultras have been doing banners like "Klopas: Symptom De Santis: Illness" I'd say I agree with them, if you fire Klopas, they'll just hire another De Santis puppet and so on and so on.

I thought De Santis was the symptom of the Saputo illness.

Yes as much as I am not a fan of De Santis, the real person who needs to take the responsibility/blame for things is Joey. Being a personal friend of Joey should not be a condition of being manager of the team.

Yes as much as I am not a fan of De Santis, the real person who needs to take the responsibility/blame for things is Joey. Being a personal friend of Joey should not be a condition of being manager of the team.

Absolutely the love affair of Saputo, De Santis and Biello can't last forever or can it? Must be tough knowing that coaching in Montreal means having yes men all over you that have no soccer experience outside of Montreal. 

No matter support the boys on the pitch as long as they give 100% effort.

And a nice dramatic finish to the proceedings.

Fair result.  Decent crowd,  And I think a better than fair performance by the Canadian's on the pitch tonight.  Not the best 1st half but well worth the watch. 

And a nice dramatic finish to the proceedings.

Fair result.  Decent crowd,  And I think a better than fair performance by the Canadian's on the pitch tonight.  Not the best 1st half but well worth the watch. 

In my humble opinion, the crowd was absolutely pathetic for a Voyageurs Cup final. Swaths of empty seats all over the stadium.

Disappointing final all around.  Poor turnout (excluding the Ultras who were in good voice) and a pretty boring match.

Henry was OUTSTANDING and if TFC won the tournament he would have been guaranteed the George Gross trophy.  Nice response from the youngster in the past 3 matches to shut up all the haters who don't have a clue. 

Defoe and Moore connected well tonight but you have to credit Montreal's defenders who stifled them time and time again. 

Nelsen isn't a good manager, period.  Is TFC playing Lovitz and letting him take all set pieces as a storyline for All For One?  Because I really don't understand it.  Has anyone seen him make a good touch yet?  Even a 10 ft pass?  At what point did Nelsen and the TFC brass decide that he had moved from a USL player to a TFC starter?  Because that is what seems to have happened out of nowhere and for no reason.

Montreal was ready to let us take control of the match and park the bus but they didn't have to because Nelsen's stupid tactical switch or whatever it was when Gilberto came on completely ruined our shape and robbed us of any consistent possession.  Montreal was then just happy to work the ball around 35 yards from goal in the massive gap between our lines.

No congratulations to Montreal. You didn't deserve anything, and the best team did not win! <3

They have a system to determine who deserves to win and who is the best team is ,,,,,,,it's called the scoreboard every competition uses it.

This must be the worst V. Cup since the tournament started. Bad games, teams not taking it seriously, poor crowds and terrible refereeing. 

The second legs in both semi-finals both had terrific drama, though in both cases some of that could be chalked up to the aforesaid terrible refereeing.

I wouldn't call this the worst, as some of the early years were almost entirely devoid of intensity or desire to actually win the thing.

In my humble opinion, the crowd was absolutely pathetic for a Voyageurs Cup final. Swaths of empty seats all over the stadium.

Eh?

What?  14,000 for a cup match in Canada doesn't work for you?  Empty seats or no I'm good with that.  Especially when those who are in attendance seem emotionally attached to the outcome.

^ Re; Henry.

Yeah, top marks all around.  Great tackles, great decision making, one of those outstanding matches which makes us believe he's got a bright future,  Regardless of some of his occasional poor performances in the league.

Honestly though, the more I see of Osorio the more I think there could be a serious footballer there.  More than a bit of skill there and on-field smarts to boot!  Pity he couldn't beat the post in that 2nd half but excellent with the time he was given otherwise I thought. 

Lord Bob, on 04 Jun 2014 - 10:01 PM, said:

No congratulations to Montreal. You didn't deserve anything, and the best team did not win! <3

Blackdude, on 05 Jun 2014 - 01:48 AM, said:

Hey Lord Bob, you know what we have in common? We have both given the Voyageurs' Cup to Montreal.

There can be no greater Schadenfreude than enjoying a bitter pissed off sore loser Bob!

I was very sceptical about Montreal and especially Klopas. But now it seems to be coming together quite well. He plays with 2 topscorers plus Romero, who is in form right now. Win the next two homegames (which wouldn't be out of the ordinary at all) and the Impact is set to climb the stands and compete for the playoffs. 

Were Montreal has an upward line, TFC is going down faster than you can say World Cup. Nelsen's on thin ice.

Archived