Goal Scorers Everywhere 2014-2015

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

REB is important IMHO. Still didn't understand why he didn't start in Honduras. Is he the most skillful player we have no? But can his speed be effective as hell? Yes.

I still don't understand why he would have started in Honduras. I still don't understand why Rob Friend didn't start in St. Lucia, but I don't make a fuss about it, because he wasn't even there. I get that you don't understand why he wasn't in our camps during that cycle, but don't say that you don't understand why he wasn't starting in Honduras.  Jackson was better than him at the time. Cavallini was better at the time and he wasn't even on the team at the beginning of the camp. Ricketts is the only guy that you could say wasn't good enough, but Ricketts scored in the Finnish first division. REB was playing at a lower level when he scored goals (Finnish 2nd division) and got on to a tough team in the German 2nd division where he didn't get playing time.  than He had played 43 minutes for the first team in 2 appearances that season prior to that match in 2012-13. 0 in 1 match if you take the fact that  teams are selected 2 weeks before camp starts If he was starting at the time for them or was a regular sub, I would get the point, but if you're telling me that he should have started in Honduras at that time, I fully disagree. It's not like he was that can't miss guy. Would REB start on my roster tomorrow? Yes, but he wouldn't have started on that team 2.5 years ago.

Good to see REB back and scoring. 6 teams between 46 and 44 points fighting for the 2cd promotion spot and promo-playoff spot. Game in hand and right in the thick of it with 45 points for SK as well. I hope they promote and he gets back to 2cd div. Close to a thousand minutes for him so far this season. He'll finish the year with more playing time than he's had in 5 years. 

I still don't understand why he would have started in Honduras. I still don't understand why Rob Friend didn't start in St. Lucia, but I don't make a fuss about it, because he wasn't even there. I get that you don't understand why he wasn't in our camps during that cycle, but don't say that you don't understand why he wasn't starting in Honduras.  Jackson was better than him at the time. Cavallini was better at the time and he wasn't even on the team at the beginning of the camp. Ricketts is the only guy that you could say wasn't good enough, but Ricketts scored in the Finnish first division. REB was playing at a lower level when he scored goals (Finnish 2nd division) and got on to a tough team in the German 2nd division where he didn't get playing time.  than He had played 43 minutes for the first team in 2 appearances that season prior to that match in 2012-13. 0 in 1 match if you take the fact that  teams are selected 2 weeks before camp starts If he was starting at the time for them or was a regular sub, I would get the point, but if you're telling me that he should have started in Honduras at that time, I fully disagree. It's not like he was that can't miss guy. Would REB start on my roster tomorrow? Yes, but he wouldn't have started on that team 2.5 years ago.

My whole argument for that game (and my post can be found in that actual game thread on this board) was with Occean suspended, we needed to insert some sort of threat that could give us an added dimension. REB, for all his faults, could have made Honduras respect his speed and potentially stretch the Honduras defence. He could have been an outlet that would have helped us stop from being boxed in. He can be effective in that role (see Canada 2 USA 0, Olympic qualifying) while Jackson may have been a better finisher, it was always going to be tough to get him service in that type of game. REB is a player that can create his own opportunities, something that none of our attackers could seem to do.

REB is important IMHO. Still didn't understand why he didn't start in Honduras. Is he the most skillful player we have no? But can his speed be effective as hell? Yes.

Great goal and he was big on the penalty draw as well with a nice cross. Looks like he's enjoying himself in Baden-Wuertenberg.

Looks like James is playing on midfield no?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived