Goal Scorers Everywhere 2014-2015

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup agreed. Looking forward to him leading the line during GC. You'd have to imagine he'd be the guy the way things are going. Marcus Haber had a strong finish to the season in England and Occean just opened his account in Norway, but you just get the feeling that Larin is rounding into very good form leading into summer....

We don't know whether or not Akindele will suit up for us yet. He did say things will be decided by GC time, but nobody knows if he's intending on actually playing in the GC for us (should we be his choice). If Tesho does decide to go with Canada he could be a very good partner for Larin up top - or a useful player at RW in a front 3 (which would be my preference). Then with Osorio looking great at LW last TFC match, I would think the following could be a solid starting 11...

Osorio-------Larin-------Akindele

-----------Hutchinson-----------

-------Teibert---Johnson-------

De Jong--Edgar--Jakovic--Henry

--------------Borjan------------------

IMO that leaves us with no glaring weaknesses and some interesting looks going forward. Osorio likes to cut inside on his left and drift into the middle - which allows space for de Jong to make those overlapping runs. On the right Akindele offers more wide play and is reasonably defensively responsible from what i've seen at FCD. That provides support for whatever non-RB is thrusted into that role.

Johnson and Teibert have incredible workrates and both play DM for their respective clubs. Johnson is more of an 8, plays box-to-box, can shoot from distance, and adds toughness and ball winning abilities. Teibert is composed, great at distributing the ball and valuable for keeping possession. He also offers an option on set pieces. Then - Hutchinson as the 10 is not ideal since he doesn't play there for Besiktas, but I do think he can influence the game more than Osorio in that role given his experience and overall talent. 

The back four and keeper pick themselves, although I am fine with Ledgerwood as a RB. Any combination of Henry-Hainault-Edgar-Jakovic as CB's is good as well. De Jong is the incumbent and Morgan is looking more and more like the back up. Adekugbe has looked great in his Vancouver starts this season but given the PanAm games you got to think Morgan will be with the CMNT now that he's won his spot back at TFC

Really like that line up, with some depth on the bench as well with occean, haber, jackson.

And the only fence sitter that line up includes is akindele. Would be a pleasant surprise if another committed. And lets see if opare can get his citizenship worked out.

Really like that line up, with some depth on the bench as well with occean, haber, jackson.

And the only fence sitter that line up includes is akindele. Would be a pleasant surprise if another committed. And lets see if opare can get his citizenship worked out.

For Floro to call Occean he needs to drop one of Larin or Haber and I really can't see him doing that.  If one of those two goes down injured we may see Occean but that's it IMO.

I can't see Floro going with Teibert and Johnson in the middle.  Teibert will probably feature off the bench, he is behind about 5 guys in Floro's central midfield pecking order. 

Also will Henry be healthy?  If not I think we can go with Edgar on the right and Jakovic-Hainault central.  

For Floro to call Occean he needs to drop one of Larin or Haber and I really can't see him doing that.  If one of those two goes down injured we may see Occean but that's it IMO.

I can't see Floro going with Teibert and Johnson in the middle.  Teibert will probably feature off the bench, he is behind about 5 guys in Floro's central midfield pecking order. 

Also will Henry be healthy?  If not I think we can go with Edgar on the right and Jakovic-Hainault central.  

Update from 2 weeks ago

The likes of Winston Reid, Andy Carroll, Diafra Sakho, Guy Demel and Doneil Henry are all expected to be out for the foreseeable future, with no returns in sight.

"Andy Carroll, Diafra Sakho, Guy Demel and Doneil Henry are all continuing to work on their individual rehabilitation plans with the medical and sports science staff."

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/04/30/west-ham-physio-delivers-fitness-update-song-back-reid-out/

Osorio-------Larin-------Akindele

-----------Hutchinson-----------

-------Teibert---Johnson-------

De Jong--Edgar--Jakovic--Henry

--------------Borjan------------------

I really like that potential line up. More impressive in my mind though is how "domestically" influenced it is.

- 6 of 11 currently play in MLS

- 4 players were developed by Canadian soccer academies, 1 other came up though Ontario youth clubs

- Only 3 have never played in North America

Still a ways to go, but  in my mind that certainly compares favourably with what we've seen in the past.

I like everything but Teibert starting.

----------------------Larin-------------------

----------Osorio------------Akindele----

--De Guzman-Hutchinson-Johnson--

De Jong---Edgar---Jakovic---Henry

---------------------Borjan-----------------

• 3 weeks later...

GOAL SCORERS EVERYWHERE 2014-2015 - FINAL RESULTS

Strike rate calculated as goals scored per 90 minutes. Goals counted only in the domestic league first team at the professional level (2014 summer leagues and 2014-2015 winter leagues). Players are added to the list once they score at least 2 goals on the season. Please post videos of goals and your comments. I will do my best to update the list on a weekly basis.

TOP GOAL SCORER: Lucas Cavallini (14 goals)

TOP STRIKER: Jordan Hamilton (0.82 goals per 90 minutes)

Jordan Webb------------(Young Lions)-------------8----1859----0.39
Tesho Akindele-------------(FC Dallas)------------8----2025----0.36

Marcus Haber-----(Crewe Alexandra)-------------7----2272----0.28

Sasa Plavsic-------------------------(Frej)-------------6------883----0.61
Will Johnson------------------(Portland)--------------6----2526----0.21
Jordan Hamilton-----(Wilm./Trofense)------------5-----547----0.82
Dylan Carreiro----------------(Arbroath)------------ 5----1178----0.38
Iain Hume-----------(Kerala/Tranmere)------------5----1793----0.25

R. Edwini-Bonsu---(Stuttgart Kickers)-----------5----1859----0.24
Sherif El-Masri----------(Young Lions)-------------5----1955----0.23
Kyle Porter-------------(Richmond/DC)-------------4-----680----0.53

Ben Fisk-------------------------(Coruxo)-------------4----1031----0.35