Whitecaps 2014 Season

tmcmurph

I guess your speaking as a Caps fan and not a NT fan.

I reckon bringing talented Canadians, that are unsure about national allegiance, back to play on Canadian teams, could be a positive for the NT. And I think he could immediately slot into a gaping hole in the Caps lineup.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well this sucks but it doesn't look like we'll make the playoffs after last night's crap show. Just keep wasting points to teams below us in the table. Barring an epic run for the last 9 games or an equally epic choke by Portland or Dallas we are not going to be in the playoffs. 

Hopefully at least one Canadian team will make it.

Wouldn't trade for Tisho if I was Robo. We've got enough raw talented young strikers thank you very much... Tisho, like our young guns needs maturing and would probably be every bit as streaky in terms of goal scoring form if he was in the caps' line up, as our current options. He hold's down a starting job at Dallas because his main job is to provide space for their other attacking options and pot a few himself, when possible. Who would he be making space for at VWC? 

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't panick about the gaolless streak of the Caps. Players have shown they can score and they will score again cause they create chances. Hope it will be enough to reach the playoffs. I'd still put my money on them reaching that goal.

We got 3 points off a weak team so that is an improvement. Our new CB (Waston) both scored and drew the foul for the PK. Our forwards looked better off the ball and had several chances but still no goals. At least someone is scoring. 448 minutes without is a record I hope we never break.

That pk was bogus but whatever. It's a good thing Morales seems to have found his form again. 

I'd agree on those. Weird how the PKs are going our way this year. In 2012 we had a single PK (out of 72) awarded, 6 in 2013 (out of 81) and 10 so far this year (out of 111). The optical illusion of a large 6'5" guy dropping from an arm in the back (as viewed from where the ref was) looked a lot worse than it was.

I'd agree on those. Weird how the PKs are going our way this year. In 2012 we had a single PK (out of 72) awarded, 6 in 2013 (out of 81) and 10 so far this year (out of 111). The optical illusion of a large 6'5" guy dropping from an arm in the back (as viewed from where the ref was) looked a lot worse than it was.

And all this without Camilo diving like fish!

Actually that may partly be a factor in your favour. On the Impact both Felipe and Di Viao dive a lot and we don't get any fouls or PKs called anymore and it seems like every ref is against us. Now opposing players can pretty much bulldoze over Felipe or Di Viao and they won't get it called, ie. even when they are not diving the refs think they are. It worked for the first year they were in the league but now I think they have put the whole team at a disadvantage with the diving because no one on the team is getting fouls against them called even when they are really fouled while the other teams often get much lighter fouls against them called. MLS refs seem to really hate any team that has a diver on it which I wouldn't really complain about other than the refs still should be punishing some of the dangerous fouls equally.

Camilo actually stopped doing that in his golden boot season and would just fight through or ignore the non-calls. Fernandez is now learning the hard way that diving means the refs will let you get mugged and not call it. 

Camilo actually stopped doing that in his golden boot season and would just fight through or ignore the non-calls. Fernandez is now learning the hard way that diving means the refs will let you get mugged and not call it. 

Agreed, he did clean up his act significantly in his final season.

Re: Camilo vs. Fernandez... at least Camilo could sell a few.

Bustos has signed a pre-contract and will officially join the MLS squad in January. Froese is added immediately and will be available for the remaining games this season.

http://www.canadiansoccernews.com/index.php?/page/articles.html/_/aftn/whitecaps-sign-marco-bustos-and-kianz-froese-to-homegrown-mls-contracts-r4852

Hope Froese gets some substitute minutes down the stretch.

I hope the caps don't give them the Bryce Alderson treatment aka the Phillipe Davis treatment.

Speaking of Alderson, I'm kinda hoping that if the Caps don't look likely to find a place for him in the squad that he gets loaned out at a decent level next year. E.g. Germany, to try to get a transfer fee out of him... or maybe a transfer to SJ, as I heard Dasovic rates him quite highly. Either way, guy has way too much talent to rot on the bench for longer than he already has... way more talented than the aforementioned Davies, IMO. Hope he finds his opportunity.

Archived