10 Points

Robert

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9x out of 10, 10 pts is enough. However, the "10th" time in this case is Cuba. If they go 0-0-6 then 10 pts won't be enough. We'll need minimum 12. That being said, we're on 4 pts, with 4 games left to get 6 pts. Win v. Cuba @ home 3 pts. That leaves a minimum 3 pts required from the other 3 matches. Or we get 2 draws from the final 3 matches, and finish on 9 pts but hope Cuba or Panama get a win v. Honduras.

The wildcard being Cuba in this group.

People are pointing out we have +3 pts on Honduras, but ppl are also neglecting to mention we are currently +3GD on Honduras, which could be critical come tie-breakers. If we can beat Cuba 3-0 at home then we should be safe b/c the games b/w Canada-Honduras and Canada-Panama will not be decided by more than 1 goal either way.

Sept 7. A must win at home to Panama and a draw between Hond and Cuba in Havana would be huge for us. We go top and the pressure is on Honduras.

I still think Cuba will beat Honduras at home. The Catrachos try to move it along the ground, and are fairly sluggish under normal circumstances. Put them in the mid-day Cuban heat on that pitch, their entire game is thwarted just by the environment. Cuba grab a cheap little goal, and they get three points.

I still think Cuba will beat Honduras at home. The Catrachos try to move it along the ground, and are fairly sluggish under normal circumstances. Put them in the mid-day Cuban heat on that pitch, their entire game is thwarted just by the environment. Cuba grab a cheap little goal, and they get three points.

I'll go with that.

I also believe that we can take Panama at home. There not bad but when we play the way we can I think we are better. I also think that OO will pose to much of a problem on the smaller Panama defence and Hart will make sure that Blas Perez is fully marked.

I know, but one can only want and imagine.

Truth. Some thread about having a friendly on the FIFA August 15th date (which won't happen...too hard to get the players together then considering the more important callup in Sept), but it would have been nice just as an entree before the main course.

I don't believe Honduras will get a result in every one of their remaining matches. 11 pts will do the job and 10 pts with a very good goal difference will do it as well. The good news is we should have an idea by the Cuba home match what we might need as far as GD. We are in a good position, and depending on if Cuba can surprise Honduras, our position could get even better.

Truth. Some thread about having a friendly on the FIFA August 15th date (which won't happen...too hard to get the players together then considering the more important callup in Sept), but it would have been nice just as an entree before the main course.

I've moved to trying to qualify Canada for 2014 in FM.

We need at least 3 points from the 2 Panama games and 4 points would be ideal. Panama is favored but I think our defensive ability should be able to limit them, we need to get 3 points vs them at home though. Assuming we beat Canada 3 points would give us 10 pts and would have us close to qualification if Honduras don't get 6 points from Cuba.

We need at least 3 points from the 2 Panama games and 4 points would be ideal. Panama is favored but I think our defensive ability should be able to limit them, we need to get 3 points vs them at home though. Assuming we beat Canada 3 points would give us 10 pts and would have us close to qualification if Honduras don't get 6 points from Cuba.

Easy win ;)

I think in the next 3 games, Canada gets two home wins and an away loss, giving us 10 going into the last game. Honduras gets a win and a draw (on that awful pitch) against Cuba and a draw at panama. That gives them 6 going into the last game. So we clinch after 5.

A man can hope!

I think in the next 3 games, Canada gets two home wins and an away loss, giving us 10 going into the last game. Honduras gets a win and a draw (on that awful pitch) against Cuba and a draw at panama. That gives them 6 going into the last game. So we clinch after 5.

A man can hope!

I think that's realistic. Draws in Panama/Honduras would be crucial but the bottom line here is win the two home games and we're laughing, we gotta go for it at home to Cuba and Panama. Cuba is pretty much guaranteed to be out and Panama is pretty much guaranteed to go through so draws will do literally nothing for us... throw it all at them!

I think we all knew there was going to be a few tests if we were going to qualify for the World Cup. I think the September games are our first real test. We need to take 4 points from Panama to keep control of our fate. Realistically, if we can't take out Panama can we really expect to qualify for the World Cup?

Archived