Armenia Roster Predictions/Call-Ups

Keegan

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
there has to be a few considering the lack of options Hart has to choose from in Europe. Wouldn't be surprised if DeRo, Dunfield and Jazic are called to make up the numbers.

I hope DeRo is fit / released for this one. Without Hutch, I don't know where the creativity is going to come from (Aside from Simpson I suppose).

Jazic is an interesting thought, I wonder if he is ahead of Morgan. Or, perhaps Hart calls neither and takes his chances with only one LB (Klukowski)

I do not think Bernier has been called has he? I would think he is ahead of Dunfield on the depth chart. Or perhaps Hart will not want to pull him from his Impact pre-season. He is probably more important to the impact than Dunfield is to TFC.

I hope DeRo is fit / released for this one. Without Hutch, I don't know where the creativity is going to come from (Aside from Simpson I suppose).

Jazic is an interesting thought, I wonder if he is ahead of Morgan. Or, perhaps Hart calls neither and takes his chances with only one LB (Klukowski)

I do not think Bernier has been called has he? I would think he is ahead of Dunfield on the depth chart. Or perhaps Hart will not want to pull him from his Impact pre-season. He is probably more important to the impact than Dunfield is to TFC.

I know Hart made comments once about Hutchinson possibly not being available for this match, but he is fully healthy. There is no legitimate reason for him not to be selected.

@Obinna - the creativity minus DeRo would come from Simpson playing a central #10 role. Done.

Bernier has to be ahead of Dunfield on the CMNT chart.

No Hutch? I'd rather leave him....he knows the guys well and this friendly won't increase that relationship. I know PSV can't stop him come WCQ dates, but no need to burn any bridge for a friendly v. Armenia. Plus gives us room to call-up a guy like JdC again, or maybe Matt Stinson?

Don't get greedy trying to call Stinson, Morgan or Dunfield. The only reason JdG is available is because, as already mentioned, he's suspended for the CCL match.

I know TFC wouldn't be pleased with all those players being called but this is a FIFA date and clubs are obligated to release their players! Loyola mentioned earlier in the thread that this is no time to experiment because we have so few friendlies leading up to the Cuba match! Hart should call any player who is in contention for the final roster regardless of their club situation! If Hutch is fit again and playing with PSV, he should be called, I wouldn't mind seeing him at RB for a half! The Africa Cup of Nations which just ended saw many star players leave their European clubs for a month right in the middle of their season, for these players to miss up to a week with their MLS clubs is not such a big deal when you compare the two situations!

I agree that this is a tuneup for qualifiers - but it is not really, since so many are missing. I think Hart needs to decide - if its a real prep match for the WC qualifiers than I agree we should be bringing all our best over. Make the most of the match. Hutch may be given the out, although one could argue that he could use the playing time.

I remember hearing that DeRo was going to try to get over there. Now that his contract is sorted, even better to get him out.

I know Hart made comments once about Hutchinson possibly not being available for this match, but he is fully healthy. There is no legitimate reason for him not to be selected.

I believe Hart hinted (read between the lines), that he didn't want to piss of Hutchinson's club he did get injured playing for Canada. I assume he'll skip Hutch this time and have him for the qualifyers

wow, never thought Ozbiliz is Armenian.

Their main attacking star Yura Movsisyan is unlikely to play this game. He's off to U.S.A. because of birth of his child.

Otherwise, their squad is optimal

Well we know why the Armenians are good - they all play together for Pyunik! Yes, I've never heard of that club but familiarity goes a long way. I bet if we checked they are the Ajax of Armenia. All the best players go through them. I bet the rest of the squad was part of Pyunik at one time or another.

Glancing purely at clubs and not knowing they are starters for those clubs the GK from Dinamo, the CB from Nalchik, the three Donetsk MF, the Kuban MF, the Bate winger, and the Ajax and Zwolle forwards are likely the danger players. BUT, I don't know anything about the club. Those are some impressive clubs.

But when you start talking about where our best players play we are comparable. Should be a fun game win-lose-draw! But these guys'll be good, as I said, due to familiarity. If for no other reason.

Pyunik

is actually very weak team. They lost two their games in UEFA CL Qualification to Czech champions Victoria Plzen with overall score 9-1

Armenian defence is very unimpressive, so I'd expect a high scoring game, like 3-2, for Canada.

wow, never thought Ozbiliz is Armenian.

Their main attacking star Yura Movsisyan is unlikely to play this game. He's off to U.S.A. because of birth of his child.

Otherwise, their squad is optimal

Movsisyan use to play for Real Salt Lake and was one of there more dangerous players. Too bad he is not in the squad. I find it hard to picture him as their main attacking star when they have that guy at Shaktar Donesk lighting it up, and another guy from Ajax if I recall.

By the way, shouldn't our squad be released today?

I find it hard to picture him as their main attacking star when they have that guy at Shaktar Donesk lighting it up, and another guy from Ajax if I recall.

The guy from Ajax is set for debut for Armenia, so no one knows how he will do.

And the guy from Shakhtar is their overall biggest star, not only attacking :)

There is still possibility that Movsisyan will play. but very small possibility.

We aren't even calling up a full 18-man roster. This seems to basically be a friendly for the sake of having a friendly rather than anything useful.

Does this matter? Is this friendly any more or less useful because we couldn't find another Sam Piette to fill out the squad? I don't think it benefits the team to call players who have no shot at being around for the WCQs this summer.

Does this matter? Is this friendly any more or less useful because we couldn't find another Sam Piette to fill out the squad? I don't think it benefits the team to call players who have no shot at being around for the WCQs this summer.

+1, Or no shot at making it on the pitch, I don't think Clubs like to release players to sit on a bench.

I do. I'd love to put together a viewing party for this one but it might be a little tough considering the 1130am kick off. Instead I'm going to stay home and watch the game in my pajamas!

Will the game be on at the bar? With the 12:00 kickoff, I might just make it from my morning class. Unfortunately, I won't be in my pajamas.

I think the lineup will look something like this

-----------Haber-------------

--------------------------------

Simpson-----------Jackson

--------Hutchinson----------

--De Guzman--Pacheco---

Kluk-------------------Straith

----McKenna--Edgar--------

---------Borjan--------------

Stamatopoulos

Hume

Ledgerwood

Piette

Haber

Attakora

Ricketts in for Haber, Hume in for Jackson, Attakora or Ledgerwood in for Straith

Archived