Armenia Roster Predictions/Call-Ups

Keegan

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bonsu has confirmed for me on twitter he wants to play for Canada. That doesn't mean he isn't a huge Ghana fan. I cheer for Germany as much as he cheers for Ghana.

He has also twittered about how strong he thinks Canadas OQ team could be....though I can't see his club releasing him for those qualifying games.

Don't worry about Bonsu.

This can't be an experimental roster though. Everyone who is called for this game should have some legitimate shot at playing the WCQs this summer/fall. I mean in the next year we shouldn't really be seeing anyone's "first cap" (except for JDG2/Hoilett of course). We've had two sets of competitive matches last summer that gave plenty of opportunity for Hart to figure out what works and what doesn't. Now it's time to pick a starting XI, or at least a top 13-15 guys and stick with them.

Guys like DeRo, Johnson, Hainault, Jakovic and JDG are sure starter at their club. There's no way they would lose their spot because they missed less than a week of training camp. If we would speak about fringe players I would understand. Calling someone like Teibert would be risky for his club career but it's a different story for a DeRo or a Hainault.

Actually, it's probably the less annoying time for a MLS manager to see a player called for International duties. Hart often has to negotiate with MLS coaches when he calls a player in the middle of the MLS calendar.

I don't think any of those players would tell you they're a sure starter... that's the attitude that leads to you losing your starting spot!! Most athletes will tell you that they are always concerned about losing their spot... or rather... always aware that it could happen.

The only time that isn't a annoying for MLS managers to give up players would be a bye week, or during the playoffs, if their team wasn't in them.

Bonsu has confirmed for me on twitter he wants to play for Canada. That doesn't mean he isn't a huge Ghana fan. I cheer for Germany as much as he cheers for Ghana.

He has also twittered about how strong he thinks Canadas OQ team could be....though I can't see his club releasing him for those qualifying games.

Don't worry about Bonsu.

He has also tweeted many times that he hopes his team will release him for OQ in Nashville - if he wants that, he is doing the right thing by staying with his team for the friendly. Absolutely no way they will release him twice and still give him a shot to be a regular in the team. And realistically, that is where he should be (with our team for OQ)

I don't think any of those players would tell you they're a sure starter... that's the attitude that leads to you losing your starting spot!! Most athletes will tell you that they are always concerned about losing their spot... or rather... always aware that it could happen.

The only time that isn't a annoying for MLS managers to give up players would be a bye week, or during the playoffs, if their team wasn't in them.

I'm not saying those players should be acting like they are 100 % starter for their team. I'm talking about the fact they are currently starters with their clubs and the impact a 5-6 days absence would have on their club status. It would be minimal to non existent.

A player missing 5 days of training camp but who will still train and get a game at a high level during that period will likely come back with a similar situation with his club. I would tell you otherwise if we would be talking about leaving the club during the middle of the season.

I've been one of the rare voicing his concern about the lack of preparation for our team prior to the June 8th game and that's why I feel like MLS players should be called for the Armenia game. I can understand the travelling argument but I still think it would be better than calling only Euro players. Our squad face a particular situation since a lot of the MLS players (DeRo, JDG, Johnson, Hainault, Bernier and Jakovic) could be starter in Cuba or play an important role at some point, so that's why I feel it's important to call them even if it means missing a part of their training camp, whick I think will likely won't jeopardize their place with their current clubs.

I'm not saying those players should be acting like they are 100 % starter for their team. I'm talking about the fact they are currently starters with their clubs and the impact a 5-6 days absence would have on their club status. It would be minimal to non existent.

A player missing 5 days of training camp but who will still train and get a game at a high level during that period will likely come back with a similar situation with his club. I would tell you otherwise if we would be talking about leaving the club during the middle of the season.

I've been one of the rare voicing his concern about the lack of preparation for our team prior to the June 8th game and that's why I feel like MLS players should be called for the Armenia game. I can understand the travelling argument but I still think it would be better than calling only Euro players. Our squad face a particular situation since a lot of the MLS players (DeRo, JDG, Johnson, Hainault, Bernier and Jakovic) could be starter in Cuba or play an important role at some point, so that's why I feel it's important to call them even if it means missing a part of their training camp, whick I think will likely won't jeopardize their place with their current clubs.

I agree with you about calling the full squad wherever they're based, we don't have time to experiment and be nice with clubs, the full squad should be called, there just aren't enough friendlies scheduled so we have to make the most out of each one!

B1, B2, B3...can I get a B4 anyone? Good to see him back into the fold. I don't see him ever being a mainstay for Canada but it's nice to have options.

Well he's the best U23 defender we have, he's going to be a mainstay for Canada for years unless something crazy happens. Not to say he'll be an automatic starter but you know what I mean.

REB is staying with his club - hopefully that means he can be part of the u23 squad! (but I doubt that). REB needs to stay where he is whether it's a FIFA window or not. He's incredibly "unproven" and needs to keep in the coaches eye.

Funny twitter from him yesterday though - "Ronaldo has 27 goals in 22 games. I QUIT I QUIT!" hahaha. No kidding.

Lars injured eh? Well then let's see Tomer get a game !!

Also I know he hasn't been playing much, but if he's not injured, why not Borjan? He's a legitimate starting option for us so why not get him in for a friendly despite club issues.

With the unprecedented number of official and indie journalists covering Canadian soccer these days I find it appalling that not one has gotten to the bottom of the Borjan story yet. We're still literally working on on Google's translation of Turkish fanboard information, which is just plain ridiculous.

I know its just a friendly game, but obviously by my sn i hold Lars in high regard.

Hope he'll recover timely.

Whats the word on coverage for this game btw? Excuse me if its already been discussed. I didn't want to search through the pages.

We'll probably get highlights from the CSA after the game, but considering it's a closed doors friendly that will likely be all.

Archived