Armenia Roster Predictions/Call-Ups

Keegan

Does anyone know who's been called up so far? Looking at our team it looks like we're gonna have some problems with the midfielders/defenders available. Especially since I think I remember Hart ruling out Hutchinson for this match. Goalkeepers and our wingers/strikers look alright.

Goalkeepers:

Stamatopolous

Hirschfeld

Borjan

Chencinski

Defenders:

De Jong

Klukowski

McKenna

Edgar

Ledgerwood

Midfielders (Ouch):

Di Chiara

Bourgault

Pacheco

Attackers:

Hume

Jackson

Occean

REB

Ricketts

Simpson

Haber

It would sure help to get JDG2 and Hutchinson available for this match..

We definitely need to give a call to Kreis to get Will "Iron Man" Johnson for this one. It wouldn't hurt to get Bernier too since he's pretty fit compared to the other MLS guys and we still need to see how he fits in.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeesh, i don't think our MF options are that dire!

I would expect to see some guys like Jaime Peters, Chris Pozniak and Adam Straith called up. Both Poz and Peters could be used as DM's if needed, or we could see someone new called up to push JBB and Pacheco (can't believe those are our two best Euro-based options after Hutch) like Bobby Kajgo or Nikolas Kras if either decide to accept a call.

I don't think JDG2 can file his paperwork to switch FIFA citizenship until he's actually a Canadian citizen again.

Does not need to be a citizen. JDG2 come on down.

The relevant current FIFA statute, Article 17: Acquisition of a new nationality, states:[18]

Any Player who ... [assumes] a new nationality and who has not played international football [in a match ... in an official competition of any category or any type of football for one Association] shall be eligible to play for the new representative team only if he fulfils one of the following conditions:

(a) He was born on the territory of the relevant Association; (B) His biological mother or biological father was born on the territory of the relevant Association; © His grandmother or grandfather was born on the territory of the relevant Association;

(d) He has lived continuously for at least five years after reaching the age of 18 on the territory of the relevant Association.

—FIFA Statutes [1], FIFA.com

The relevant current FIFA statute, Article 17: Acquisition of a new nationality, states:[18]

Any Player who ... [assumes] a new nationality and who has not played international football [in a match ... in an official competition of any category or any type of football for one Association] shall be eligible to play for the new representative team only if he fulfils one of the following conditions:

(a) He was born on the territory of the relevant Association; (B) His biological mother or biological father was born on the territory of the relevant Association; © His grandmother or grandfather was born on the territory of the relevant Association;

(d) He has lived continuously for at least five years after reaching the age of 18 on the territory of the relevant Association.

Lets not kid ourselves, he's not coming. If this Canada switch doesn't work out he at least wants to still be eligible for Dutch selection.

if this is an all european side, i can see something like this...

------------------occean--------------------

simpson----------------------------jackson

----------------hutchinson------------------

-------bourgault------------de jong--------

straith--------------------------ledgerwood

----------mckenna----edgar----------------

-----------------hirschfield-------------------

subs - hume, haber, di chiara, edwini-bonsu, ricketts, pacheco, owusu-ansah, attakora (is he still in germany?)

------------------------Occean--------------------------

Simpson------------------------------------------Jackson

----------------------De Rosario------------------------

---------de Guzman-------------------Johnson------------

--------------------------------------------------------

De Jong-------Klukowski---------McKenna------------Edgar

--------------------------------------------------------

------------------------Borjan--------------------------

SUBS:

Friend

Haber

Ricketts

Di Chiara

Ledgerwood

Pozniak

Straith

Peters

Hirschfeld

is pozniak still part of the player pool? i thought he was coaching a youth side these days?

if this is a mix of north american based players with european based players we could field a much stronger side.

but from what i hear, hart has suggested having a european based squad. it will be interesting to see if we could get a result.

i believe hart has also travelled to spain to meet with jdg2 and they both agree that he would be ideal to suit up for canada but it all comes down to paperwork at this point. it's out of their hands right now - but if i were a betting man, i would like to think we would see him in the wcq's in the summer...

Key Phrase is assumes a new nationality, De Guzman renounced his Canadian citizenship to get Dutch in 2008 and is not Canadian. This states after gaining another nationality De Guzman can play for another nation IF (lists scenarios he can play for another nation). People are often confused that this means players can play for X nation if they meet these qualifications, it’s incorrect, players must have citizenship AND meet those qualifications. De Guzman doesn’t have Canadian citizenship (or at least can’t reveal that publically just yet because of his Dutch situation), so he can’t play for us just yet.

You need to be a citizen to play for any nation, even Marc Bircham is a Canadian citizen.

Simpson---------------Hume---------------------Jackson

---------De Jong-------------------Johnson------------

Klukowski------Straith---------McKenna------------Edgar

------------------------Hirschfeld--------------------------

Bench:

Chencinski

Ricketts

Di Chiara

Ledgerwood

Pozniak

Pacheco

Edwini-Bonsu

Replacements: Peters, Trafford, Bellisomo, Gage, Aleman

That's the way I'd go.. only one MLS player called. I wouldn't mind Aleman brought into camp if we run into some depth trouble. Obviously if Hutchinson can come even in as a sub at this point that would be great news (I think PSV could be good with that, no?) I think it's important he's around the group they haven't seen him since September and he is our best player and will be our key player even with JDG2 on the team, we can't expect those two to suddenly come into the team and carry it, JDG2 being new and Hutchinson being out since September.

^i was thinking hume could be useful in that spot and great call on aleman. although it's pretty early for him to join the men's side i would just love to give him a cap, see what he can do and show him the intent of the csa that they are serious about him and his future with canada.

Key Phrase is assumes a new nationality, De Guzman renounced his Canadian citizenship to get Dutch in 2008 and is not Canadian. This states after gaining another nationality De Guzman can play for another nation IF (lists scenarios he can play for another nation). People are often confused that this means players can play for X nation if they meet these qualifications, it’s incorrect, players must have citizenship AND meet those qualifications. De Guzman doesn’t have Canadian citizenship (or at least can’t reveal that publically just yet because of his Dutch situation), so he can’t play for us just yet.

You need to be a citizen to play for any nation, even Marc Bircham is a Canadian citizen.

I think you are right if this was for an official FIFA competition (like WCQ, Gold Cup and so on...) but isn't the rule slightly different for a friendly? My understanding was as long as you meet the birth and residency requirements, you can play?

I think you are right if this was for an official FIFA competition (like WCQ, Gold Cup and so on...) but isn't the rule slightly different for a friendly? My understanding was as long as you meet the birth and residency requirements, you can play?

Yes and no, De Guzman is still registered as a Dutch player with FIFA and he has to switch his national allegiance to suit up for us in a friendly. While he will and it is a moot point it’s not wise to do anything until his nationality issues are completed.

Imagine if he does change his nationality with FIFA but can’t obtain dual citizenship with Canada and Holland, then he is stuck in national team hell with Tam Nsaliwa and can’t play for anyone.

Tam Nsaliwa on the other hand was a registered a Canadian player, that’s why he was allowed to play for Canada against Brazil while not having Canadian citizenship.

Calling-up Aleman would be pretty sweet. Folks here keep mentioning NorthAm guys like DeRo and Johnson. NO NorAm guys are coming.

The MF will be fine....just need one holding MF, and or put a defender into a holding role and play 4-2-3-1, otherwise play a 4-1-2-3/3-2....no biggy. It's just a friendly.

Keegans line-up on page 2 isn't bad, but De Jong won't be a holding MID and so I'd love to see him slotted in wide left, so Simpson can play centrally and be our proper #10.

I like the idea of Hume there though! Johnson won't get called so I expect Ledg or JBB to play there (though I wish that weren't true! It's a friendly...give JdC his debut and see how he does, Hart!!! Haha, so I put him and Pacheco in the deep playing roles in MF)

I don't see Straith starting CB ahead of Edgar. Straith has done well in that spot, so I expect it to continue. Besides Edgar is playing CB for his club every week and might as well intro him to his likely partner if KMcK can stay fit!

Nice shout to call-up Chenchinski, since Borjan not playing now.

De Jong----------------Simpson---------------------Jackson

---------------JdC-------------------Pacheco------------

Klukowski------Edgar---------McKenna--------------Straith

------------------------Hirschfeld--------------------------

Bench:

Chencinski

Ricketts

JBB

Hume

Ledg

Edwini-Bonsu