Chants for Tuesday

Lord Bob

Not sure what people think of some of the new ones going around MLS at the moment, but one I like because it will actually get the casuals involved is simply doing the clapping in time to that shots song (you know... clap clap clap clap clap clap EVERYBODY). Wow... I did a really bad job of explaining what the hell I'm talking about.

Not sure what people think of some of the new ones going around MLS at the moment, but one I like because it will actually get the casuals involved is simply doing the clapping in time to that shots song (you know... clap clap clap clap clap clap EVERYBODY). Wow... I did a really bad job of explaining what the hell I'm talking about.

I bet this is the only time LMFAO gets referenced on this board. 90% of the people on here won't make it through 20 seconds of this anyways hahaha (go to 1:15-ish for the chant base).

Love the "shots"... I was wondering when and if this thread would pop up. I remember for previous WCQ's there seemed to be a whole lot more planning, hype and build-up to the games from a supporters perspective. Organizing tifo's, chants, song sheets etc... I guess we'll get there for the next round?

Also curious after all the discussion if the Maple Leaf forever has made an appearance at a game yet?

Please, take some time to get ready to sing these all, there a must as mentioned by before.

------

Maple Leaf Forever

1st minute

watch and learn this CMNT tailored version, learn it before the game..this would be huge

-------

Oh Canada at the 49th minute. enough said, soon the rest of the stadium will catch on. HEY MAX BELL, put in on the video board

---------

and...my personal favourite

Oh Canada We'll Proudly Play for You

Lyrics:

One thousand to one

Are the odd they’re giving us,

A lot of them are in for a surprise

We’ve got a mighty team

That no one else has seen

The stars of Canada are on the rise

But who can lay down odds on the hearts of eleven men

Oh Canada our hearts are ringing true

We’ve sung for you before

And we’ll sing for you again

Oh Canada we’ll proudly cheer for you

Repeat

--------------------

one that should be sung to thank simeon for the hatty, early and loud..he'll do it again.

Di Chiara

Di Chiara

Time to sub in Di Chiara

This is if he isn't in the starting 11 of course (which is likely).

Lets do it!

There's only one Di Chiara,

There's only one Di Chiara,

We only just learned his name

But put him on just the same.

Walking in a Russian wonderland.

Love the "shots"... I was wondering when and if this thread would pop up. I remember for previous WCQ's there seemed to be a whole lot more planning, hype and build-up to the games from a supporters perspective. Organizing tifo's, chants, song sheets etc... I guess we'll get there for the next round?

Also curious after all the discussion if the Maple Leaf forever has made an appearance at a game yet?

We need maple leaf forever on the video board. I'm convinced that's the only way it's going to get done. They play it at one game, people will learn it.

For this round, a lot more of this stuff seems to be happening in person.

Threads are good for suggesting things, but I find that in-person pre-game/in-game chant sessions catch on much, much more effectively.

This isn't a criticism of the Capo or fans, just an observation and a suggestion: I think we really need to keep the songs/chants simple at this point, those were the only ones that sort of worked last night! There are a few reasons for this, the main one being that the crowd for a Canada game is quite a bit different than the TFC crowd that shows up 20 times a season! Obviously the rather dull, frustrating game killed much of the enthusiasm as well, a goal would have worked wonders! I know many in my group are just there for the Canada matches and I think that's the case all over the Supporter's Section! The simple chants worked, the others, not so much!

This isn't a criticism of the Capo or fans, just an observation and a suggestion: I think we really need to keep the songs/chants simple at this point, those were the only ones that sort of worked last night! There are a few reasons for this, the main one being that the crowd for a Canada game is quite a bit different than the TFC crowd that shows up 20 times a season! Obviously the rather dull, frustrating game killed much of the enthusiasm as well, a goal would have worked wonders! I know many in my group are just there for the Canada matches and I think that's the case all over the Supporter's Section! The simple chants worked, the others, not so much!

hey gator, i gotta say, it only seemed to be the TFC groups that had any atmosphere and enthusiasm going last night in the supporters sections ... we moved out of 114 (supposedly the V's section) to 112/113 aisle at half time where we saw lots of familiar faces and voices

hey gator, i gotta say, it only seemed to be the TFC groups that had any atmosphere and enthusiasm going last night in the supporters sections ... we moved out of 114 (supposedly the V's section) to 112/113 aisle at half time where we saw lots of familiar faces and voices

That was kind of the point I was trying to make lobo! I was in 113 and we did our best but I think the unfamiliarity of many to this contributed to some of it not working! I'm curious to how it sounded on tv?

this idea is a blatant rip off, and I know some people will just be annoyed because it came from another sport, but every time we face a corner, I have the irresistable urge to chant DEFENCE! Yes it's about as original as the name Michael (my name btw), but I honestly think it'd be a lot of fun.

That was kind of the point I was trying to make lobo! I was in 113 and we did our best but I think the unfamiliarity of many to this contributed to some of it not working! I'm curious to how it sounded on tv?

well, i was hugely disappointed in 114 last night ... where were the V's??? i was in detroit in june and that was a mix of mostly unfamiliars who really stepped up and represented, with great voice

who were these people sitting in the Voyageur's supporters section last night? gotta assume they all got their tix thru the V's (as we did), but damn somebody must have told them it was a Jays game they were buying ... is there not a local core group of V's?

thankfuly, RPB and Usector stepped up

Yeah I was in 114 last night and there was not a lot of noise at all.

Yep, mentioned it before, and just echoing it now... Pretty sure the only noise coming from 114 was my drum :) No clue who those people were, but I'm assuming just people who happened to buy through our site? I noticed a few had V's scarves though, but they were dead quiet...

Yeah I was in the front row and the guy beside me was making noise, the people behind me spent 25 minutes making fun of Terry Boss before realizing he was 3,000 miles away, and I had three people to my left who came about 20 minutes in and didn't make a single movement the entire match.

We need a better strategy to make sure that a repeat of Tuesday's game in the stands doesn't happen again either. It was the worst atmosphere I can remember in the supporters section for a Canada game in a long time. The St. Lucia game was fantastic, even when the score was 1-1, I don't know what happened in between.

Terry Boss is on me, sorry boys. Should have fact checked.

I don't even know why I mentioned that like it was a bad thing since I was cracking up too when everyone realized he wasn't in net.

What I also found weird was how far off the chants were. I was in the exact same place for the Ecuador match and everyone in 112/113/114 seemed to be in unison. On Tuesday a chant would be starting in the front of 114/113 and all of the sudden it would half a verse ahead somewhere else.

I wonder what our estimated ticket sales would be for an actual meaningful match (ie Honduras/Panama) at BMO. Tuesday was a non-attractive opponent on a weeknight in a game that in all honesty meant nothing in relation to our chances of advancing. A June match against a Central American team and that all changes.

Archived