TFC Roster Dance 2011

MM2

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is starting to have a Mo Johnston feel to it. Throw enough **** at the wall and eventually some of it will stick.

This is what I'm wondering when it comes to the turnover of our career MLS type players. Are they recognizing that these guys are inherently flawed in many ways and you have to take the bad with the good?

This is what I'm wondering when it comes to the turnover of our career MLS type players. Are they recognizing that these guys are inherently flawed in many ways and you have to take the bad with the good?

That's what it looks like to me. They thought they could bring in a slew of low level Europeans and that they would tear this league apart. Now that that has failed, we get MLS guys instead. I think it shows that Winter and Mariner are adapting.

The other thing is that it appears they have taken on a lot of reclamation projects. I think they are hoping some of these recent MLS guys can regain form or hit their supposed potential.

Maicon Santos dealt to Dallas for 23 year-old offensive midfielder Eric Avila.

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2011/08/toronto-trades-eric-avila

F*ck off, farwell. I never really believed in him and I was stunned when he was made captain. Funny thing is I actually thought to myself Avila would do well in Toronto the last time they played Dallas in July.

He wasnt bad. In fact, quite the contrary, he contributed what we expected of him. He is good secondary scorer that can help any team and he is a superb ball striker. Have you forgetten that great equalizing goal at Empire stadium against the run of play, that basically secured the V Cup? It was the most important this season.

That doesnt mean that i am disappointed in the trade But i really dont understand the automatic venom for EVERY single profesional sports athlete that is moved elsewhere or that moves elsewhere. This is a business, people move and are moved everytime. Those few rotten apples like Vince Carter or that point guard that was drafted by the Vancouver Grizzly, agree but why do we have to hate everyone who is traded? Was he a head case? Did he dog it? Did he have a bad attitude? Did he piss on the city and fans? Did he ask out? As far as we know he was none of those.

I think that this horrible thing started in canada with the departures of Gary Carter and then Andre Dawson from Montreal. These guys gave their hearts to the club and the club

didnt retain them so what do people do when they return in other teams uniforms, they boo them. That was so disappointing. TO is the same, its as if there is automatic reponse in everybody's head (without thinking) that states : " must boo ex player and call him TO reject". Very few deserve cheers when they return, but the same can be said in regards to boos.

He wasnt bad. In fact, quite the contrary, he contributed what we expected of him. He is good secondary scorer and can help any team and he is a superb ball striker. Have you forgetten that great equalizing goal at Empire stadium against the run of play, that basically secured the V Cup?

That doesnt mean that i am disappointed in the trade But i really dont understand the the automatic venom for EVERY single profesional sports athlete that is moved elsewhere or that moves elsewhere. This is a business, people move and are moved everytime. Those few rotten apples like Vince Carter or that point guard that was drafted by the Vancouver Grizzly, agree but why do we have to hate everyone who is traded? Was he a head case? Did he have a bad attitude? Did he piss on the city and fans? Did he ask out? As far as we know he was none of those.

If this is directed at me than you misunderstood my "F*uck off, farwell." I never said I hated Maicon, he was an okay player and he had a couple goals. I appreciated what he brought when he was here but I could care less that he's gone. My statement was more in regards to the constant player movement, as in "alright Maicon's gone now, fine, let's get on with it."

If this is directed at me than you misunderstood my "F*uck off, farwell." I never said I hated Maicon, he was an okay player and he had a couple goals. I appreciated what he brought when he was here but I could care less that he's gone. My statement was more in regards to the constant player movement, as in "alright Maicon's gone now, fine, let's get on with it."

Fair enough. Thanks for the clarification.

I was Just giving my opinion, thats all it is.

It's the MLSE fans' way.

Heaven forbid you should appreciate Sundin, but Sideshow Bob can do no wrong.

Yes, that one will forever be mystery to me. Honnestly, i have always believes it is that kind of mentality out there at has had impact on results and its not only confined Toronto but a few other canadian teams as well. Fans gets the team that they deserve and want.

Archived