The New Mother Of All Canadians Abroad

jpg75

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Club (Reading) confirm 14 contract offers

02 Jun 2011

Director of Football Nick Hammond has confirmed that the club have made contract offers to 14 players this summer, while two first team players, one loanee and four young pros will be leaving Madejski Stadium.

England youth internationals Jacob Walcott and Jack Mills, plus Canadian u20s captain Ethan Gage, are set to stay for another year apiece, as are defender Michael Hector and goalkeeper Simon Locke.

By the way Ricketts and Timisoara are currently relegated to Liga III (3rd division) and not Liga II.

^ I'm surprised they haven't sent them all to Siberia or something. It's ridiculous how arbitrary the penalties are that are handed out to soccer clubs for financial problems, illegal signings. I'd like to see it dictated by FIFA and then adopted across the board so that it doesn't seem to be so based which particular club offended.

Unless something has been confirmed between Saturday and today, I don't think this is 100% yet.

If Rickett's' team is relegated to third tier in Romania he has to bolt outta town obviously. A good showing in Gold Cup will get him signed to MLS, for sure. But I'd hope to a Scandinavian or Turkish squad, even a Bundesliga2 squad would be great for CMNT and him.

If Rickett's' team is relegated to third tier in Romania he has to bolt outta town obviously. A good showing in Gold Cup will get him signed to MLS, for sure. But I'd hope to a Scandinavian or Turkish squad, even a Bundesliga2 squad would be great for CMNT and him.

He could always come home and stretch his legs for awhile. You Know, if he wants to play hometown hero or something. Play in front of family and friends. Might help fill the stands after he tears up the Gold Cup--- Carlo Corazzin style

Not playing anymore but it looks Nilton Terroso is an academy coach at Cardiff City.

Whoah ... there's a name we haven't seen for a while. Maybe Joey Torchia will end up coaching at Barnsley or something. ;)

Yup, the future in goal definitely looks promising.. good for him!

Santiago is a promising young keeper. very brave, which is a key trait that not all keepers possess. The V's definitely should keep an eye on him.

• 2 weeks later...

Radz leaving Lierse for Holland or Eastern Europe?

http://www.footgoal.net/suite.php?selection=70287

"« Thomasz Radzinski ne prolongera pas au Lierse »

L’attaquant canadien du Lierse, Tomasz Radzinski, vient de refuser de prolonger son contrat avec le club de la Jupiler Pro League. Le joueur ne devrait plus porter normalement les couleurs jaunes et noirs lors du prochain championnat.

« Tomasz Radzinski aurait pu signer un nouveau contrat avec le Lierse. Cependant l’attaquant ne veut pas rester car il pourrait se retrouver de nouveau sur le terrain avec Benjamin Nicaise et c’est pour lui impossible après l’altercation de l’an dernier. Il a déjà eu des contacts avec des clubs des Pays-Bas et de l’Europe de l’est. Il pourrait également stopper sa carrière et embraser un rôle de dirigeant au sein du Lierse » a déclaré Ari Treffers, à Het Nieuwsblad."

Archived