The New Mother Of All Canadians Abroad

jpg75

Massih Wassey signs for the rest of the season with Fortuna Duesseldorf U23's. He will have an opportunity to make the full team over the upcoming summer.

Nachwuchsbereich mit neuen Verstärkungen

Für die U 23 und U 19

Kurz vor Beendigung der Transferperiode II der laufenden Saison hat sich Fortuna Düsseldorf im Nachwuchsbereich noch einmal personell verstärkt. Sowohl bei der U 23-Regionalligamannschaft als auch dem Bundesliga-U 19-Team ist Zugang zu vermelden.

So wird nach Luka Tankulic, der von Rot Weiss Ahlen kommend, bereits am Freitag seinen ersten Einsatz für die Flingeranern absolviert hat, auch Massih Wassey für die Zwote der Landeshauptstädter zum Einsatz kommen. Der 21-Jährige Deutsch-Kanadier wechselt von der Zweitvertretung des FC Schalke 04 und soll im offensiven Mittelfeld zum Einsatz kommen.

Das Bundesliga-Team der U 19 wird im Sturm ab sofort Nick Brisevac verstärken. Der 18-jährige ehemalige U 16-Nationalspieler wechselt von Bayer 04 Leverkusen zur Fortuna.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Massih Wassey signs for the rest of the season with Fortuna Duesseldorf U23's. He will have an opportunity to make the full team over the upcoming summer.

Nachwuchsbereich mit neuen Verstärkungen

Für die U 23 und U 19

Kurz vor Beendigung der Transferperiode II der laufenden Saison hat sich Fortuna Düsseldorf im Nachwuchsbereich noch einmal personell verstärkt. Sowohl bei der U 23-Regionalligamannschaft als auch dem Bundesliga-U 19-Team ist Zugang zu vermelden.

So wird nach Luka Tankulic, der von Rot Weiss Ahlen kommend, bereits am Freitag seinen ersten Einsatz für die Flingeranern absolviert hat, auch Massih Wassey für die Zwote der Landeshauptstädter zum Einsatz kommen. Der 21-Jährige Deutsch-Kanadier wechselt von der Zweitvertretung des FC Schalke 04 und soll im offensiven Mittelfeld zum Einsatz kommen.

Das Bundesliga-Team der U 19 wird im Sturm ab sofort Nick Brisevac verstärken. Der 18-jährige ehemalige U 16-Nationalspieler wechselt von Bayer 04 Leverkusen zur Fortuna.

Nice, Wassey must have some potential if he's getting a look by clubs like Schalke and Fortuna Dusseldorf lets hope it works out for him

Great news, although I can't help but be irked by what I find is a typical British trait found in that article, which is for them to lump Canada and Canadians under the term "America" or "Americans":

"Over the last few years I have built up some good contacts in America and we’re looking forward to bringing these two talented players to the club. They’re both typical American sportsmen. They’re dedicated and highly professional and should fit in well with the rest of the squad here."

I thought I heard he was already released

But reading that article I have to ask why was Wojtek Zarzycki never called up to our MNT?

His loan agreement was terminated but he was still under contract with FTC. There's a google translation earlier in this thread indicating that.

Yes but ********** is also Canadian in your books. How can someone who renounced their Canadian passport be considered Canadian in any way?

A Canadian passport is only a government marker for what country you are linked to. He gave up his passport for a better chance to provide for himself and his family going forward in the business of soccer, it does'nt define how you feel about a country you call home or the fondness you have for that country. He can still get back his Canadian passport as far as I know and the rules of Fifa or the specific rules of Canadian citizenship do not define who you are.

A Canadian passport is only a government marker for what country you are linked to. He gave up his passport for a better chance to provide for himself and his family going forward in the business of soccer, it does'nt define how you feel about a country you call home or the fondness you have for that country. He can still get back his Canadian passport as far as I know and the rules of Fifa or the specific rules of Canadian citizenship do not define who you are.

His citizenship and passport is German and that’s what he is. If someone gives up their Canadian citizenship in order to further their career and make a better life for themselves, how is that any different from Tam’s family leaving Malawi to seek a better life in Canada? He emigrated from Canada to Germany and became a citizen just like his parents did from Malawi to Canada.

His citizenship and passport is German and that’s what he is. If someone gives up their Canadian citizenship in order to further their career and make a better life for themselves, how is that any different from Tam’s family leaving Malawi to seek a better life in Canada? He emigrated from Canada to Germany and became a citizen just like his parents did from Malawi to Canada.

Yes he is German and to add to this, he did not RENOUNCE his Canadian citizenship because he was oppressed, in danger or suffering poverty. Indeed when he had his Canadian passport he was still able to earn a living in a very high income bracket as a professional soccer player. Possibly gaining the EU valid passport of Germany will allow him to earn a hundred thousand or two hundred thousand more over the course of his career (or at least it might have if his career hadn't been crap since he did this) but he was earning far more in a year than most of us will ever dream even with his "lowly" Canadian passport. So Villus, please save me the sob story about providing for his family. He sold his Canadian passport as simple as that and he sold it despite not being in a position where he really had to. He should never, ever play for Canada again and should never be entitled to Canadian citizenship again.

Archived