Canadian International Transfer Records

nolando

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just came across a random mention about an insanely high transfer fee once allegedly paid for Dave Simpson:

"Despite his efforts at the end of the 2006 season, Lombard-Pápa was relegated. Dave was sold and signed with Czech giants AC Sparta Prague in the summer of 2006 as one of the biggest Hungarian transfer deals that summer at 352.000 £. "

Can anyone on this board confirm this number? If so, I'd like to put him on the list.

Edit: transfermarkt has it so I think I will run with this number: http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/dave-simpson/transfers/spieler_42889.html

Incidentally, Simpson's reported transfer looks to have settled at £280k which is still crazy high in retrospect for a guy who played all of one senior match for the MNT, but not high enough for the list in any case.

Unfortunately, he has to be one of the worst signings ever for Sparta. With that being said, he did have a good run with Kladno while on loan.

Sorry about the double post. I'm can't seem to delete a post on my mobile.

Anyway, Sparta fans have said that Simpson was one of the 10 worst forwards to play for Sparta. They said to this day they don't understand why Sparta signed Simpson for 350000 euros.

• 1 year later...
7 hours ago, masster said:

Why is the list tracked in pounds when the majority of them are probably in Euros?

Great Q - when I started the list, 90% of the transfer values I found were already in pounds. Happy to let others have a go though, as I'm neither attached to stewardship of the list nor the currency.

1 hour ago, nolando said:

Great Q - when I started the list, 90% of the transfer values I found were already in pounds. Happy to let others have a go though, as I'm neither attached to stewardship of the list nor the currency.

@masster I will add one more point. Although it isn't the top few places, some of the spots on the list predate the Euro, which started in 1999.

16 hours ago, nolando said:

Not a complaint...just curious, thanks. If I could make a suggestion, for future transfers, perhaps put the original currency in brackets or something. With fluctuating currency values, it is always hard to rank these things.

16 hours ago, masster said:

Not a complaint...just curious, thanks. If I could make a suggestion, for future transfers, perhaps put the original currency in brackets or something. With fluctuating currency values, it is always hard to rank these things.

Good idea. Didn't mean to sound testy.

• 11 months later...

The media is reporting Larin's transfer at north of 1.6 million USD. That would put him between 3rd and 5th on this by my calculation, probably closer to 3rd. MLS is pretty secretive so I'm  not sure if we'll see an official number released. Any opinions on the matter?

https://www.themaneland.com/2018/1/29/16948332/cyle-larin-to-besiktas-saga-is-reportedly-over

11 hours ago, nolando said:

The media is reporting Larin's transfer at north of 1.6 million USD. That would put him between 3rd and 5th on this by my calculation, probably closer to 3rd. MLS is pretty secretive so I'm  not sure if we'll see an official number released. Any opinions on the matter?

https://www.themaneland.com/2018/1/29/16948332/cyle-larin-to-besiktas-saga-is-reportedly-over

Prosoccerusa has it listed as $2.3m (or 1.7 UKP)  

https://www.prosoccerusa.com/orlando-city-sc/orlando-city-disputes-besiktas-transfer-cyle-larin/

12 minutes ago, Kent said:

I guess we never did find out the transfer fee for Tabla right?

Officially undisclosed, TVA reported 7 figures.  I can't remember what podcast it was but one I listened to in the last couple of weeks heard it was between 1.8 and 2.2 million if I remember correctly.

• 5 months later...
3 hours ago, Keegan said:

With add ons he’s actually likely going to be higher than John Brooks (highest American ever). 

Until Pulisic is sold.

But maybbe Davies can beat that record in the future, too!

3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

VERY NICE!  And I don't even like Bayern.

Maybe just cheer for them to lose but Phonzie still shine

The breakdown according to Ives. Such a large portion of the fee is based on bonuses, so I wonder if we will ever know what the exact number is.

Ives Galarcep (@SoccerByIves) tweeted at 11:55 AM on Wed, Jul 25, 2018:
I'm told the Alphonso Davies transfer deal is worth a guaranteed $13.45 million (11.5 million Euros), w/ performance incentives that could push the deal to more than $21 million, AND a 15% sell-on clause (percentage of any future Bayern sale of Davies) #MLS #FCBayern #vwfc

Archived