NCC Game Day 5 - Montreal Impact vs. Vancouver Whitecaps

Call me when you find the Maynard brothers, and Felix Brillant, and oh yeah, ever hear of a guy called Matt Jordan?

now the tfc fans can stop trying to justify their happiness to us over last year's v-cup win; they've finally won one. Remember guys! CCL 1/4 Finals is the standard

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Disappointing. Vancouver was by far the better team but their finishing let them down.

What game were you watching?

Outside of five minutes immediately following Vancouver's goal, they showed no real will to win a must-win game. Montreal outplayed them for much of the second half, and the first half was an even contest.

I look forward to seeing Gabe Gala try his hand at keeper next week at BMO Field.

Thanks to the Whitecaps for showing no real desire to win tonight.

This all proves ( as i stated earlier) that there is a gap. The Caps, who were facing a team that was no more motivated than the one who TFC beat by 5, couldn't earn 3 pts. Puts into perspective of how great that result was last year.

Really impressed by Placentino tonight - every time he got the ball he looked a cut above everybody else on the field. It was his play to beat 2 or 3 Caps on a run that was what created Montreal's goal, so as a TFC fan I'd like to say thanks. He's young & speedy enough that I can see him sticking with Montreal when they make the jump in 2012.

If his group of players is supposed to form the basis of Vancouver's MLS team in 2011 he club has a lot of work to do still.

There's no way I can believe that they haven't realized that yet. I'm just surprised they haven't been more ambitious THIS year bring in foreign talent to line them up for MLS next year. They get exclusivity on their own players (like the Sounders), right?

You mean like this?

Oh hi. For a fan of a team that has the lowest point total in the history of the Canadian Championship, you sure do talk a lot of ****.

Vancouver's fans call your team Canada's Shame for a reason. Being smug about a game that your team had zero to do with does not excuse that fact.

Really impressed by Placentino tonight - every time he got the ball he looked a cut above everybody else on the field. It was his play to beat 2 or 3 Caps on a run that was what created Montreal's goal, so as a TFC fan I'd like to say thanks. He's young & speedy enough that I can see him sticking with Montreal when they make the jump in 2012.

He reminds of Paulie Peschisolido.

Yes, he's the one player on the field I'm covetous of. I'm sure Haber's great and all - he wouldn't get signed to West Brom otherwise and I've seen him perform before - but he really hasn't shown much at all in this tournament. Stewart might be reasonable cheap depth at MLS level if he can improve his decision making and final ball but looking at the two contests between these teams... Montreal looks more like the team ready for MLS. Vancouver's figured out how to get results against TFC though so maybe they've got the formula for surviving an expansion year in MLS by playing poor football but not getting embarrassed.

Oh hi. For a fan of a team that has the lowest point total in the history of the Canadian Championship, you sure do talk a lot of ****.

Vancouver's fans call your team Canada's Shame for a reason. Being smug about a game that your team had zero to do with does not excuse that fact.

Oh look out the TFC fuzz is out again... We were winning Canadian Championships, when you were sitting alone at Centennial. 7 of them, if you cant count.

Oh look out the TFC fuzz is out again... We were winning Canadian Championships, when you were sitting alone at Centennial. 7 of them, if you cant count.

Oh, you mean the ones that you didn't even win in a properly organized tournament and we awarded based on a ridiculous head-to-head record format from Regular Season play.

Yeah, 7 titles awarded in a false competition...good job on that bud. It's like winning the President's Trophy in the NHL, Nobody cares.

Since it became a real tournament competition, how many goals has the Impact scored on TFC? How many total points does the Impact have?

Granted, you have one legitimate Voyageurs' Cup title, unlike the Whitecaps, who are still in denial over 2009. I can't wait to see what BS they come up with for this year's tournament. They couldn't even beat an Impact Reserve Squad!

Oh, you mean the ones that you didn't even win in a properly organized tournament and we awarded based on a ridiculous head-to-head record format from Regular Season play.

Yeah, 7 titles awarded in a false competition...good job on that bud. It's like winning the President's Trophy in the NHL, Nobody cares.

Since it became a real tournament competition, how many goals has the Impact scored on TFC? How many total points does the Impact have?

Granted, you have one legitimate Voyageurs' Cup title, unlike the Whitecaps, who are still in denial over 2009. I can't wait to see what BS they come up with for this year's tournament. They couldn't even beat an Impact Reserve Squad!

We'll talk when you make it to the quarters of CCL.

You're going to brag about making it to the quarters and succeeding in blowing a 2 goal lead on aggregate in a 5-4 aggregate loss (with away goal advantage)? Get real.

Hell ya. 5-4 on aggregate to a Mexican side. We didn't have the fortune of drawing Puerto Rico Islanders.

Hell ya. 5-4 on aggregate to a Mexican side. We didn't have the fortune of drawing Puerto Rico Islanders.

Dude.. stop it....in the interest of honnest discussions. Montreal drew Real Estrilli in the first round and then played Joe public. Real Estrili looked like a local Beer league team or worst. Joe Public only a little better. You want to talk trash, fine, but at least make some sense. I actually followed and routed for the Impact in their CCL run. Full marks to them for making it out of the group stage though....

Dude.. stop it....in the interest of honnest discussions. Montreal drew Real Estrilli in the first round and then played Joe public. Real Estrili looked like a local Beer league team or worst. You want to talk trash, fine, but at least make some sense. I actually followed and routed for the Impact in their CCL run. Full marks to them for making it out of the group stage though....

We beat both. You also conveniently forgot to mention that we also played, and got results against Olympia of Honduras, and Atlante of Mexico.

Yeah, 7 titles awarded in a false competition...

So you're insulting the history of the Voyageurs Cup... on the Voyageurs forum? Unless you're a founding donor that helped to purchase the cup, do everyone a favour and zip it.

Well congrats to TFC on their second Voyageurs Cup. Good luck in the CCL (you know where the bar is set, beat it). Mtl 7, TFC 2, Van 0. Maybe next year. Sigh. Finishing has been our major weakness so far this year. Just way too inconsistent in a lot of areas.

The Caps will have the expansion draft, some res players, some current players and some new signings so I'm not too worried about them fielding a good group of players next year. We'll see how it works out.

As to the format next year I hope they use the MLS games between the Caps & TFC for points in the V's Cup games. That would leave 4 extra games in home & home series for each with Edm & Mtl. I personally see nothing "ridiculous" about using regular season games for points in the V's Cup competition. There is more on the line to play for.

We beat both. You also conveniently forgot to mention that we also played, and got results against Olympia of Honduras, and Atlante of Mexico.

I didn't forget Atlante (who went on to win it all) and Olympia. As, I said, The impact were outstanding. But dont comopare Puerto rico to the dogs that the impact played in the first round.

You said: "We didn't have the fortune of drawing Puerto Rico Islanders." That's stupid when when you compare them to Real estrilli

Archived