NCC Game Day 5 - Montreal Impact vs. Vancouver Whitecaps

Marc Dos Santos of the Impact is saying that his orginization was rightfully accused of lacking Fair Play when they fielded a "b" team against TFC last season. He goes on to ask if Deguzman, DeRosario, Nash and Nolly are not in their respective lineups, will they be accused of lacking Fair Play?

He has a point. Both teams fielding their reserve squads, is no better then what Montreal did last year.

http://www.rds.ca/impact/chroniques/299602.html

Does it hurt being so stupid?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First of all, I discount them the same way the Whitecaps and Impact discount 2009, which was actually awarded in a competition with rules agreed upon by all. My comment is as equally valid as anyone who says 2009 was a disgrace or a joke.

I, as well as most Whitecaps supporters, do not discount the 2009 tournament. Toronto did what they had to do. It was the Impact's performance that was a disgrace, not the tournament.

I, as well as most Whitecaps supporters, do not discount the 2009 tournament. Toronto did what they had to do. It was the Impact's performance that was a disgrace, not the tournament.

Who's a bigger disgrace, the ones who stopped playing when there was nothing to win, or the team that hasn't gotten revenge since?

It's all well and good to call us shameful, but considering your team of toothless pussycats have had so many chances to "get revenge", but instead only perform worse and worse, I think it's about time to pack up the "disgrace" arguments.

Who are all these wankers proposing new formats??

The format as it exists is completely fair. Round-robin, home and away against your direct competition.

Team with the best results moves on.

Same as in world cup qualifying. Why should we have to play all 3 other teams in our group home and away? Why? I'll tell you why; because it is fair.

I believe the concern is that when Edmonton comes in, two more games for each side will lead to a bit of fixture congestion.

And realistically, the tournament cannot stay round robin forever, not if it grows in number of teams like we want it to.

I am loving trash talk here. But hopefully, this is just for kicks since after all, we are all Canadians here and want to see the best for Canadian soccer in the end.

I am not loving it, but that's just my pacifist self. Last time I saw as much bitc*ing and stupidity was when I was 15 years old and surfing on kiddos Internet message boards. Maybe I should just leave because it seems the majority enjoy it here and take it seriosuly!

^ Dude. You keep saying that in 10 different threads. The Whitecaps can't beat the Impact. We know that. How does that have any bearing on what happened in 2009?

Well, if people want me to stop saying it, maybe people from Vancouver should get over it?

I believe the concern is that when Edmonton comes in, two more games for each side will lead to a bit of fixture congestion.

And realistically, the tournament cannot stay round robin forever, not if it grows in number of teams like we want it to.

Yeah, I have no problem with the format changing when the time is appropriate. I do have a problem with seeding or any form of giving advantage to the so called "best team". Maybe when 50+ teams enter, but the best team is determined on the pitch. If they can't win the tourney, then they are not the best team. Draw, play, win. A very simple formula.

Yeah, I have no problem with the format changing when the time is appropriate. I do have a problem with seeding or any form of giving advantage to the so called "best team". Maybe when 50+ teams enter, but the best team is determined on the pitch. If they can't win the tourney, then they are not the best team. Draw, play, win. A very simple formula.

I'm in favour of a random draw like the FA Cup, but we need more teams. Seeding makes sense right now.

I'm in favour of a random draw like the FA Cup, but we need more teams. Seeding makes sense right now.

Actually, it's the exact opposite. Random draws makes the most sense right now because there would only be four teams. The reason seedings are done is so that you don't have a round where all the EPL teams play each other while all the other League 2 teams play each other. With only 4 teams, that would never happen.

I agree with Gordon, a random draw is all that would be required right now. No need for seeding.

Archived