NCC Game Day 5 - Montreal Impact vs. Vancouver Whitecaps

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All things considered, now would be a weird time for Dos Santos to start caring more about "honor" in the tournament that progressing in the league... They have 5 matches in May. Fully expect a B side against the Caps.

Sigh...NCC Game 5 - whatever. How about Voyageurs Cup? What's the problem with calling it the Voyageurs Cup - bought and paid for by the Voyageurs - run for a number of years (7?) exclusively by the voyageurs before the CSA or Nutrilite were involved - on the Voyageurs Website?

^ Wouldn't worry too much about how Vancouver takes a victory out of Montreal (because they have to now), in the end if everything works out right it's still going to come down to Vancouver having to take a victory out of Toronto. At this point if the 'Caps can manage that, they deserve the Vs Cup in my books.

But hey, given the visiting team has won the championship on the last match in the previous 2 editions I'd say that's cause for hope!

Pity to about the TFC schedule. That weeks rest which could have gone a long way to putting some much needed gas back into the tank unfortunately has to include a trip to California and back. Not a huge deal, but I'm thinking right now, depending on your point of view, every little bit helps or hurts.

Played pretty much a "B" side, and came away with a 1-0 win over Portland at PGE Park. I think this year's squad is deeper then last year. Injuries and suspensions, have given evey player the chace to play quality minutes.

Fiorentina is in 3 days earlier (05-23-2010) so we should get an idea by then.

After the ultras boycotted the first half of the game following last year's debacle and the owner publicly apologized for his team's performance I don't think anyone who wants to keep a job at the Impact is thinking anything other than "try to win this one".

It is one reason I favour having league matches count as Voyageur's Cup games. It has to be taken seriously. When all 3 are in MLS they can take their chances resting some starters playing Edmonton and any other div2 teams in the V's Cup competition.

Pity to about the TFC schedule. That weeks rest which could have gone a long way to putting some much needed gas back into the tank unfortunately has to include a trip to California and back. Not a huge deal, but I'm thinking right now, depending on your point of view, every little bit helps or hurts.

Yeah, that little trip out to San Jose really annoys me.

If Vancouver win at Montreal, they'll come into Toronto having logged LESS mileage over the previous week than TFC did, despite Toronto playing at home.

Oh well, such is soccer life in North America.

Well... I'm glad that this match still has every bit of relevance as the fifth games in the previous Vs Cups have. Had TFC taken the game in Vancouver, I wonder what the responses to this thread would be instead.

Prediction: Vancouver 1 Montreal 0

The Vs Cup once again goes into the sixth and final game to be decided.

Played pretty much a "B" side, and came away with a 1-0 win over Portland at PGE Park.

Expect something similar.

Looking back at last year's squad: E. Mayard and Sakuda in defense was meh, and up front PE Mayard and Byers were not regulars. Brillant came in as a sub when he would never play, and Djekanovic was in nets (which is a but take-it-or-leave-it). Deroux also had less experience at LB.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Canadian_Championship

Prediction: Vancouver 1 Montreal 0

The Vs Cup once again goes into the sixth and final game to be decided.

I think you're confusing "prediction" with "wish". The Impact has an inferiority complex when they play TFC (never understood why) but when they play the Caps, that's the contrary as they always seem to play their best. I think the players feel there's a real rivalry between these two as opposed to TO. I hope that will change next year in prevision of 2012.

I for one can't wait for the Vancouver fans to shut the hell up forever about 6-1 when they see Dos Santos run out the scrubs tonight in a game that has no meaning for Montreal. I can understand them feeling somewhat aggrieved about last season but when it happens again to their advantage one cancels out the other does it not???

Vancouver had two chances at home to control their own destiny in this tournament and they could not close the deal. Now they are relying upon Dos Santos to play the Trois Riviere Attak instead of the Montreal Impact. Toronto had a far higher mountain to climb and climb it they did with a goal to spare.

I for one can't wait for the Vancouver fans to shut the hell up forever about 6-1

You will NEVER hear the end of that one! The Yankee fans chanted 1918 to the Red Sox for how many decades? You'll just have to live with it for a while longer. A long while longer! Self inflicted and epic as the failure was you deserve to be reminded of it for years to come. I'm over the bitterness (last year as a matter of fact) but until someone else pulls a LIMP-ACT of such epic proportions you are the reminder to all the other teams. I can hear coaches telling players before a meaningless game "Don't pull a Montreal" :)

You will NEVER hear the end of that one! The Yankee fans chanted 1918 to the Red Sox for how many decades? You'll just have to live with it for a while longer. A long while longer! Self inflicted and epic as the failure was you deserve to be reminded of it for years to come. I'm over the bitterness (last year as a matter of fact) but until someone else pulls a LIMP-ACT of such epic proportions you are the reminder to all the other teams. I can hear coaches telling players before a meaningless game "Don't pull a Montreal" :)

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that bgnewf is not an Impact fan. ;)

this isnt the impact`s A team on the field so the whitecaps cant complain ever again -- besides im fed up of hearing about it, as an impact fan i was pissed too but come on now -- ive been a sports fan all my life and at numerous times my team has gotten screwed but i get over it.

on another note -- has the UM02 decided to boycott this game? i dont see them or hear them

this isnt the impact`s A team on the field so the whitecaps cant complain ever again -- besides im fed up of hearing about it, as an impact fan i was pissed too but come on now -- ive been a sports fan all my life and at numerous times my team has gotten screwed but i get over it.

on another note -- has the UM02 decided to boycott this game? i dont see them or hear them

seems to be a sprinkling of southsiders.

UM02 are in sthe stadium, but on vacation maybe sending another message to the front office.

Archived