NCC Game Day 5 - Montreal Impact vs. Vancouver Whitecaps

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cant help but harken back to last year's final game when everybody said that Montreal laid down for it. Well, I never believed that they did. TFC went all out to earn it. Most of the impact players who played in that game featured as starters in subsequent games but everybody insisted that Montreal laid down for it and, like a lot myths, if repeated enough times it gains a foothold. Not to mention the fact that Montreal is playing the same keeper that faced TFC last year.

But look now. Montreal has no more to play for tonight than they did in their final game against TFC last year and yet TFC needed to win by 5. Caps are in in tight just to win outright against a team that should be no more motivated than they were last year against TFC. In fact, right now (77th min) Montreal is playing better.

i like how the TFC fans are pretending that they are sad about the present result in the game -- i suggest they should be careful what they wish for especially considering their past result against the whitecaps.

man, i hope tfc doesnt make a fool out of canadian club soccer again

i like how the TFC fans are pretending that they are sad about the present result in the game -- i suggest they should be careful what they wish for especially considering their past result against the whitecaps.

Oh pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!. stop your paranoya.

Cant help but harken back to last year's final game when everybody said that Montreal laid down for it. Well, I never believed that they did. TFC went all out to earn it. Most of the impact players who played in that game featured as starters in subsequent games but everybody insisted that Montreal laid down for it and, like a lot myths, if repeated enough times it gains a foothold. Not to mention the fact that Montreal is playing the same keeper that faced TFC last year.

But look now. Montreal has no more to play for tonight than they did in their final game against TFC last year and yet TFC needed to win by 5. Caps are in in tight just to win outright against a team that should be no more motivated than they were last year against TFC. In fact, right now (77th min) Montreal is playing better.

Call me when you find the Maynard brothers, and Felix Brillant, and oh yeah, ever hear of a guy called Matt Jordan?

Archived