Impact vs Santos - the sequel

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Leon_Araiza

Totally agree with you Keano. How are you doing man? Good morning to all canadian soccer fans. In exactly 7 days we'll been talking about the sencod half of this 180 minute game where Impact is clearly doing things better. I will be giving basic information from here to that date and I hope you find it interested, at least entertained so I started here:

http://www.canadian-soccer.com/forum/topic.asp?whichpage=1&TOPIC_ID=18766#256375

Where Impact is gonna try to make their work done.

Buen día.

Leon...who is the girl with the flag ?

Seriously flip me a email...I will be in Torreon on Sunday.. we will convert you to Impact fan...

No idea bro, really, she there is being part of the official animation female group called Las Guerreritas(Lil'warriors) but that word in female as you might know since I bet you speak french. Hmm lets say you rather put more interest in making a good impact with a lil'warrior momma. I mean... making a good impression, I'm sure you would. Talking seriously here too, is awesome you're coming, I'm sure you and your impacters or impacteurs? anyway will feel comfy with the fine treat mexicans give to tourists and hope hospitality will make you wanna come back some other time just for fun. I'll try to get her name, more pics and stuff and if you're lucky I'll let you know to your email, whatever, there are always nice northern señoritas around so dont worry.

guerreritasmd.jpg

À la prochaine, allez allez.

Santos Keeper, Oswaldo Sanchez:

"It would be an embarrassment if that team eliminated us."

"We must stay calm and go for the win in Torreon because it would be humiliating to lose."

Santos Manager,Daniel Guzman:

"There are no weak teams in the ConcaChampions, that is a lie. The Impact have a team with many international players, they are very European, and they took advantage of their home game. In this tournament, there are no weak teams. It might seem that way on paper, but it's not like that."

Santos were thrown off by the large crowd:

Playing in a full stadium of 55,000 was something that the Santos Laguna players were not expecting. It surprised them. Fernando Arce accepted that the team did not expect a crowd of that magnitude: "It was impressive, it was a very good atmosphere for Montreal. The full stadium carried and motivated them. Hopefully we can do the same, fill our stadium, although we won't have that many. It's embarrassing because we were not prepared to lose. But it is not even in our heads to lose in our stadium."

Matias Vuoso: "We have not been consistent, we have played too many games, we are in need of rest but that is no excuse."

http://www.oem.com.mx/esto/notas/n1063401.htm

quote:Originally posted by BrennanFan

Santos Keeper, Oswaldo Sanchez:

"It would be an embarrassment if that team eliminated us."

"We must stay calm and go for the win in Torreon because it would be humiliating to lose."

Santos Manager,Daniel Guzman:

"There are no weak teams in the ConcaChampions, that is a lie. The Impact have a team with many international players, they are very European, and they took advantage of their home game. In this tournament, there are no weak teams. It might seem that way on paper, but it's not like that."

Playing in a full stadium of 55,000 was something that the Santos Laguna players were not expecting. It surprised them. Fernando Arce accepted that the team did not expect a crowd of that magnitude: "It was impressive, it was a very good atmosphere for Montreal. The full stadium carried and motivated them. Hopefully we can do the same, fill our stadium, although we won't have that many. It's embarrassing because we were not prepared to lose. But it is not even in our heads to lose in our stadium."

Matias Vuoso: "We have not been consistent, we have played too many games, we are in need of rest but that is no excuse."

Looks like Oswaldo would fit in perfectly at Toronto FC, obce he's over the hill that is:D

I find it incredibly amusing that people who routinely play league matches at Azteca can find the Big Owe to be intimidating.

Hey guys.

I got the following email from a young lady at CBC Radio. She is looking to chat to an Impact Supporter who is going to Mexico to watch Thursday's game.

here is the email:

Hello,

>

> I am hoping to find huge Impact fans who are travelling to Torreon,

> Mexico for the game on the 5th.

>

> This is for a phone interview with the Daybreak show on CBC Radio One

> for Wednesday morning.

>

>

> I would be grateful if you could forward this email to all your

> members.

>

> Please call me at (514) 597-4471 if you know anyone who is going.

> Or email me at ange-aimee.woods@cbc.ca.

>

> I am on a tight deadline so please call me as soon as possible.

Hopefully one of the Impact supporters can help her out.

I guess size matters!!

quote:Originally posted by VPjr

Hey guys.

I got the following email from a young lady at CBC Radio. She is looking to chat to an Impact Supporter who is going to Mexico to watch Thursday's game.

here is the email:

Hello,

>

> I am hoping to find huge Impact fans who are travelling to Torreon,

> Mexico for the game on the 5th.

>

> This is for a phone interview with the Daybreak show on CBC Radio One

> for Wednesday morning.

>

>

> I would be grateful if you could forward this email to all your

> members.

>

> Please call me at (514) 597-4471 if you know anyone who is going.

> Or email me at ange-aimee.woods@cbc.ca.

>

> I am on a tight deadline so please call me as soon as possible.

Hopefully one of the Impact supporters can help her out.

SANTOS CONCENTRATE SOLELY ON THE IMPACT

http://www.record.com.mx/futbol/santos-se-concentra-solo-en-el-impact.html

The team from Torreon GUARANTEES a birth in the next round.

Rafael Figueroa, Defender: "We are not thinking about Cruz Azul on the weekend. We are focused on the Impact. Canada gave us a good game and we made errors. But here it will be different. We are confident that we can book our place in the semi finals. This is our number one objective. This time the public will be on our side. We will be on our field and will have all the motivation to get to the next round. I don't see why we would not be able to beat them by 3 goals."

GUZMAN WON'T HOLD ANYTHING BACK

http://www.record.com.mx/futbol/guzman-no-se-guardara-nada.html

Santos' coach affirms he will field his best players in order to surmount the deficit against the Impact.

Despite the amount of games in the past weeks, Guzman will not rest any of his starters. Guzman: "We are very aware of the importance of this competition. We are going for the title."

The only doubt is whether Matias Vuoso will start in place of Darwin Quintero, who has not totally convinced the coaches. Vuoso just scored his first goal of the new season against Necaxa last sunday. Guzman: "With Benitez and Vuoso scoring again, we are once again finding our level. We are creating chances and scoring goals. We will need this to continue against the Impact".

Lets be totally honest here. The Impact played well defensively in Mtl, but nevertheless Santos broke them down at least 4 times. Twice Jordan saved the day, and twice their forwards missed the net. It could have easily been 3 or 4-2 for Santos. The Impact scored 2 goals on 1.5 chances.

In Mexico, with the crowd, heat, super motivated Santos players and intimidated refs... who knows?

Lets be totally honest here. The Impact played well defensively in Mtl, but nevertheless Santos broke them down at least 4 times. Twice Jordan saved the day, and twice their forwards missed the net. It could have easily been 3 or 4-2 for Santos. The Impact scored 2 goals on 1.5 chances.

In Mexico, with the crowd, heat, super motivated Santos players and intimidated refs... who knows?

The heat will not be a factor it is suppose to be around 15C around game time on Thursday...

The Gazette article about Sebrango (http://www.canada.com/sports/Sebrango+immediate+Impact+return+city/1352129/story.html )

has convinced me that we will see Sebrango and Brown playing together again on Thursday. Last season Montreal played a lot with one advanced and one withdrawn striker; and that withdrawn striker was often switching positions with the wing halfs. At the Olympic stadium Sebrango and Brown both played as strikers and there seems to be a great understanding and ability to win head balls and feed one another short passes. So, in Torreon I had expected Montreal to revert to the one advanced striker in a more defensive formation. But, the Sebrango - Brown partnership may just be too good to break up. And now, I expect Montreal to come out with the same formation as last week; with only the injured Rocco Placentino replaced by Stephen deRoux. Good news; I think that this partnership up front has a great chance of scoring on Thursday night.

I think your analysis is wrong.... The Impact have shown that they can play well defensively for ninety minutes and accept wave after wave of penetrations and calmly handle them. Twice Jordan saved the day ... um that is what he is there for, to give his back line confidence to handle the through balls.

The stadium is small and intimate, but I have no reason to believe the Impact as individual players or as team will be thrown by being in a "hostile" game with home team fans.

In fact the longer the game goes at 0-0 the more the local fans will begin get on there team... If Montreal creates reasonable pressure on counter attacks Santos will be forced to worry about the death kneel away goal making it four to zero.. and that would be very large hole for team that has not yet been scoring this year.

We will see what happnes on the field.

I expect to see a significant extra police and army presence at this event given the nature of the narco traficante war, how that plays out in the game atmosphere is a mystery at this point.

Heat will not be a factor.

Archived