Impact vs Santos - the sequel

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by MegasAlexandros

Braz out with a groin injury suffered in practice yesterday, Sakuda will take his place at RB, the only other change is DeRoux in for Placentino which we already. Otherwise, it's the same starting eleven.

De Roux for Placentino won't make a difference, in fact it might be better as De Roux is pretty pacy.

Braz for Sakuda. Wow talk about pressure. Guess you don't need to register players for this competition like in Europe. Sakuda's first match at saputo would be pressure enough as 13,000 would be a lot more than he is used to. But 18,000 in Mexico in a MASSIVE game for a team you've just signed for last week.

quote:Originally posted by yankiboy

Your guys played brilliantly against Santos in your home leg. Their task tonight is a daunting one but they are capable. The officiating may be a bit "harsh" towards your side (as it was when Puerto Rico travelled there last fall). They cannot allow themselves to be intimidated by being in the Lions' Den...I know that I don't have to heart/desire to support any visiting side down there. Props to your travellers. They have more stones than I do. I wish them a very safe trip. From what members of the Islanders delegation told me, that place is a caldron. I am hoping that your supporters will be offered support by the local law enforcement (both inside and outside of the stadium. If you get a good result, they are going to need it...

Saludos hasta Borinquen. You did great against Santos-Laguna too in the Isla Bonita. Congrats.

Don't worry about security tonight, we laguneros are respectful and same as the rest of mexicans when they see a "gringo" they look for party and fun, no matter if Impact goes on tonite they will be mad as hell but with Santos-Laguna and will fight hard against themselves for those justifying players and other hating them and whating them get out of the city and never come back but at the same time recognize your humble team that would have done what Santos started to do about a decade ago cuz that have happened before.

It's crazy to agree with Grizzly(I think he mentioned it) feeling not welcome when they wear blue, cuz there is no such thing as a bad feeling for losing in Montreal, they only know Santos Laguna lost with what we've been listen the whole week, a "semiprofesional" team and that is a major picking on us from the rest of the mexican football fans. We even took argentinians River Plate's fans to a fine steak house after they won in Torreón 1-2 before Santos-Laguna went to their stadium and did the same to them. They are the hell only for the rest of mexican rivals, in the Corona or when they travel away, for that Torreón is known as La Casa Del Dolor Ajeno, something like The House of Pain for Visitors in mexican league, only.

Tonight is the game gets real but real hard for Santos, Los "Santistas" fans will insult canadian players a lot for nothing and send some liquids to their faces when they get the ball near the corner kick specially in those parts where the stadium has no roof and where the ghetto-a-like people goes cuz there is only a couple of meters between and that's why people here is used to be that shameless with players and that they know that works to make visitors play bad so Santos have always won all final games played at the Corona and even when this sounds crazy this is only during the game and at the end they will clap hands for Impact, as far as canadian players dont fight them insults, wich I think will not happend.

About the narco war, dont worry, only those that are inside pays off, 25 deads, all were narcos and they so far respect public events in Torreón and Monterrey. Also, they respect gringos(no matter they speak french or are canadians)a lot, so, lets have fun here!.

quote:Originally posted by MegasAlexandros

Braz out with a groin injury suffered in practice yesterday, Sakuda will take his place at RB, the only other change is DeRoux in for Placentino which we already. Otherwise, it's the same starting eleven.

Might we see DeRoux at LB with DiLo pushing up to LM?

quote:Originally posted by Keegan

De Roux for Placentino won't make a difference, in fact it might be better as De Roux is pretty pacy.

Braz for Sakuda. Wow talk about pressure. Guess you don't need to register players for this competition like in Europe. Sakuda's first match at saputo would be pressure enough as 13,000 would be a lot more than he is used to. But 18,000 in Mexico in a MASSIVE game for a team you've just signed for last week.

Im thinking this might be a blessing in disguise. Braz did well in the Montreal match, but he is prone to losing it (see Atlante match in Cancun). Im not worried about Sakuda. He logged a ton of minutes on a good Seattle team, so he should be fine.

I would leave DiLo in at LB, cause he's a master at picking out teammates on the counter.

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Impact

Im thinking this might be a blessing in disguise. Braz did well in the Montreal match, but he is prone to losing it (see Atlante match in Cancun). Im not worried about Sakuda. He logged a ton of minutes on a good Seattle team, so he should be fine.

I would leave DiLo in at LB, cause he's a master at picking out teammates on the counter.

Both of these injuries to Placentino and Braz may be blessings in disguise. They aren't serious but force the Impact to change their XI slightly. God wants the Impact to field their best XI. [:P]

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Sebrangol's arms look like my childhood action figures'. [:0]

Eduardo is STUPID fit. The guy never stops...he's a marvel of nature. He's also the nicest guy you'll ever meet.

Vancouver is going to regret not trying to keep him longer.

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Roberto Moreno of Panama is the referee.

It was reported in Torreon that Montreal were training with a five-man backline. That actually made sense to me, to use deRoux and DiLorenzo as wingbacks and play Gjertsen centrally, but now with Braz out, I think maybe back to the 4-4-2?

We'll see soon enough.

cheers,

matthew

quote:Saludos hasta Borinquen. You did great against Santos-Laguna too in the Isla Bonita. Congrats.

Don't worry about security tonight, we laguneros are respectful and same as the rest of mexicans when they see a "gringo" they look for party and fun, no matter if Impact goes on tonite they will be mad as hell but with Santos-Laguna and will fight hard against themselves for those justifying players and other hating them and whating them get out of the city and never come back but at the same time recognize your humble team that would have done what Santos started to do about a decade ago cuz that have happened before.

It's crazy to agree with Grizzly(I think he mentioned it) feeling not welcome when they wear blue, cuz there is no such thing as a bad feeling for losing in Montreal, they only know Santos Laguna lost with what we've been listen the whole week, a "semiprofesional" team and that is a major picking on us from the rest of the mexican football fans. We even took argentinians River Plate's fans to a fine steak house after they won in Torreón 1-2 before Santos-Laguna went to their stadium and did the same to them. They are the hell only for the rest of mexican rivals, in the Corona or when they travel away, for that Torreón is known as La Casa Del Dolor Ajeno, something like The House of Pain for Visitors in mexican league, only.

Tonight is the game gets real but real hard for Santos, Los "Santistas" fans will insult canadian players a lot for nothing and send some liquids to their faces when they get the ball near the corner kick specially in those parts where the stadium has no roof and where the ghetto-a-like people goes cuz there is only a couple of meters between and that's why people here is used to be that shameless with players and that they know that works to make visitors play bad so Santos have always won all final games played at the Corona and even when this sounds crazy this is only during the game and at the end they will clap hands for Impact, as far as canadian players dont fight them insults, wich I think will not happend.

Maybe it's just me, but isn't sending liquids into the faces of the players a bit disrespectful?

Archived