Julian and Jonathan reunited at the Robbie

john tv

Sunday June 29th Julian and his friends are playing in a celebrity game at the Birchmount Stadium in Scarborough. Jonathan will be there to which I learned yesterday.This is to raise funds for the Fight against Cystic Fibrosis. The Robbie over the last 42 years has raised well over one million dollars for the Canadian Cystic fibrosis foundation. Nick Dasovich, Jason Bent as well as lyndon Hooper will be there as well.

Bobby DeGuzman will be doing the ceremonial opening kick of.

Julian and Jonathan are both former Robbie champions and are looking forward to be at the Robbie again.

The Robbie is very special to them both.

Game start at 7:30 pm.

I don't know when the last time they played together but I believe this to be a very special occasion in Canadian soccer.

I hope all of you will show up,it will be fun and even hisorical.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He would have to file papers with FIFA prior to his 21st birthday, right? When does he turn 21? I think I remember his birthday being in the Fall sometime...

quote:Originally posted by Dave

He would have to file papers with FIFA prior to his 21st birthday, right? When does he turn 21? I think I remember his birthday being in the Fall sometime...

He only has to file papers with FIFA if he wants to change his international eligibility. To do that he'd have to have represented someone at youth level. At this point, all he's done is make a public pronouncement that he'd like to play for the Dutch. As far as FIFA is concerned, he's eligible to play for Canada or Holland based on citizenship. Until he represents one of those countries in an official match, he's still considered eligible for both.

quote:Originally posted by SthMelbRed

He only has to file papers with FIFA if he wants to change his international eligibility. To do that he'd have to have represented someone at youth level. At this point, all he's done is make a public pronouncement that he'd like to play for the Dutch.

He already played for the dutch olympic team, which is under 23. So is that mean he has already been represented at the youth level?

My buddy has a cousin over here right now from Holland, he plays in the 3rd division so he knows all the players in Holland fairly well. I asked him about JDG2 and he said that they look like they will actually play him on the national squad in 2010, or at least he will be a part of the roster.

quote:Originally posted by Obinna

He already played for the dutch olympic team, which is under 23. So is that mean he has already been represented at the youth level?

Actually I believe it was the U-21 in a European U-21 qualification game. Not sure what difference that makes if any.

quote:Originally posted by gwallace76

Yes he's capped. He scored 2 goals and set up a 3rd in that game...

In that case, I don't see him changing eligibility. It would be nice to have him, but I don't think our fate rested on him anyways. We already have his brother, dero, and hutch in the midfield(and hopefully tam).

He turns 21 three weeks after the Olympics. Which he is going to play for Netherlands at. So therefore from what I am gathering here and reading the rules, he would have 3 weeks to change his mind to play for Canada? I don't see him changing his mind in that short a time. I don't think he is by any means a shoe in to be the starter on the Dutch either. I believe he has screwed himself, looks good on him if you ask me.

How far along the qualifying process will Canada be by the time he turns 21? If we are flying high, them there might be a chance. But I doubt it.

However, I think it's safe to say DM will make at least one last call before JDG2 turns 21 (from what DM has been saying ie: there's still a chance). Good luck Dale!

You know what? F*** JDG2! Why should DM call JDG2 and try to get him to play for us? Playing for your country is suppose to be greatest honour for a footballer. Footballers play football for their country for pride of reppin' your fellow countrymen/women not for money or your country's FA. If DM decides to call him, I hope tells him to f*** himself instead of begging him to play for us. If for some odd reason JDG2 changes his mind, do you think it will be fair to cut someone from our current squad to make room for a guy who rejected playing for us in the first place? JDG2 had his chance and decided to play for the dutch instead of Canada because he takes more pride (or at least claims to do so) of being dutch than being Canadian (if he has any pride of being Canadian in the first place).

I just got back from this event at Birchmount Stadium in Scarborough.

Really nice night and not a bad display of footy either. The people on the pitch I recognized were:

JDG

JDG2

Atiba

Diesel

Sid Sixiero (The Score)

James Sharman (The Score)

Tim Miccalef (The Score)

I think Jason Bent played too

It was fun seeing Diesel play forward. That was the most forward I'd seen him play since back in the day with the Toronto Lynx.

Final Score was 2-2 and the Blue team (Featuring Diesel and Atiba) won the game on PKs.

I got a couple of great pics of my kids with Julian and Paul.

it was really great to see people swarming our best footballers for photos and autographs.

It was an entertaining evening. Unbelievable value considering the cost was $2.00 per person. I applaud all those who took part on the field.

quote:Originally posted by TFC07

You know what? F*** JDG2! Why should DM call JDG2 and try to get him to play for us? Playing for your country is suppose to be greatest honour for a footballer. Footballers play football for their country for pride of reppin' your fellow countrymen/women not for money or your country's FA. If DM decides to call him, I hope tells him to f*** himself instead of begging him to play for us. If for some odd reason JDG2 changes his mind, do you think it will be fair to cut someone from our current squad to make room for a guy who rejected playing for us in the first place? JDG2 had his chance and decided to play for the dutch instead of Canada because he takes more pride (or at least claims to do so) of being dutch than being Canadian (if he has any pride of being Canadian in the first place).

That.

Kind of ironic JDG2 playing with three of our national team players including his brother. I am with several others here who don't want him on our team anymore. He made his choice and has to live with it. The only way I would accept him back to the Canadian fold is if he accompanied such a decision with a public apology to Canadian soccer fans and his future teammates.

id take him back in a second...he is a very good player and a good kid, despite his traitor tendancies...can you imagine him and his brother in our mid field...football is a business, i dont like his choice but i understand why he would do it.

i doubt the whore has any regrets.

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

Kind of ironic JDG2 playing with three of our national team players including his brother. I am with several others here who don't want him on our team anymore. He made his choice and has to live with it. The only way I would accept him back to the Canadian fold is if he accompanied such a decision with a public apology to Canadian soccer fans and his future teammates.

I'd take him back. Wouldn't hesitate to take him back. And not out of desperation our lack of self-esteem or anything like that. I think he'd be a wonderful addition to a national program that continues to grow, and it would be great to see both Deguzmans on the field at the same time. Plus, let's be honest, if he did decided to play for us, he'd have to explain his choice many, many times--to the media, to us etc etc.--and that would be penance enough in my mind.

Archived