Mother of All Canadians Abroad - February 2010

Doesn't that first quote say that he is trialing with FSV Frankfurt not just that there is interest.

Google trans

Among the many players who in recent days at the Bornheimern probationary mitspielten came only yesterday, the Canadian national player Andrew Hainault, the last at Sparta Prague was under contract, are available.

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Sigma

The Czech quote doesn't really mention anything about a possible transfer. It is more of a short review of Hainault from last season, with a brief mention of his 6-month loan to Sparta.

It is worth noting that Hainault hasn't played any pre-season or league games for Banik Most (that I could find). Nor have I come across any news in the Czech media about the status of Hainault at Banik Most.

It would be nice if CDN4EVR could enlight us on Hainault status.

Andrew spent 1 week with FSV Frankfurt, played 2 games with good results. The coach loved him but I noticed they just picked up a central defencemen, for free, so I guess that door is now closed. FC Mainz may have some interest but nothing has been said yet. His club is trying to pressure him in signing an extention on his contract and believe they are sitting him out until he makes a move. I'll post more when i get news. Hainault will NOT be going to TO. for the Jamaica/Can game which i guess is a blessing since he will have a few more weeks in the transfer window to impress somewhere.

Thats it in a nutshell.

quote:Originally posted by CDN4EVR

Andrew spent 1 week with FSV Frankfurt, played 2 games with good results. The coach loved him but I noticed they just picked up a central defencemen, for free, so I guess that door is now closed. FC Mainz may have some interest but nothing has been said yet. His club is trying to pressure him in signing an extention on his contract and believe they are sitting him out until he makes a move. I'll post more when i get news. Hainault will NOT be going to TO. for the Jamaica/Can game which i guess is a blessing since he will have a few more weeks in the transfer window to impress somewhere.

Thats it in a nutshell.

Thanks for the insider informations!

quote:Originally posted by CDN4EVR

Thats it in a nutshell.

Yea, the new signing was a free transfer from Aachen, 30 yr old veteran. St. Pauli are desperate for defenders but have no money. Mainz do need a central defender. Good luck to Andrew.

Some slight corrections on the master list re Canucks in Germany.

Preussen Muenster are now in the new Regional League Nord (4th tier).

FC Kaiserslautern amateurs are in the new Regional League West (4th tier), not South, as posted.

I would move Ryan Gyaki to Hansa Rostock amateurs - Regional League Nord (4th tier).

I would move Alex Elliott to FSV Mainz 05 amateurs - Regional League West (4th tier).

Add back in Jonathan Bourgault, on loan to SV Wilhelmshaven (Regional League Nord) from FC St Pauli.

Italy

Jonathan Parolini - AS Atletico Trivento (Eccellenza Molisana) (6)

has been released from the club and apparently has returned to Toronto. No indication as to his whereabouts after his release.

Uccello In exbition match yesterday scored his 4th goal in two games this week winning a match played away by a score of 4-2 yesterday and a previous game on Sunday 10-0.

Stillo has returned to Genoa and is expected to play with either the Berretti of Genoa or the Primavera. But uncertain of the two my best bet is Primavera.,

Masciantonio with Olbia not much news out of there from my sites.

and finally Matthew Citta has joined his team and working hard with Frosinone youth team and is amongst 40 other players trying out for the 2008 season.

quote:Originally posted by BigBird

Italy

Jonathan Parolini - AS Atletico Trivento (Eccellenza Molisana) (6)

has been released from the club and apparently has returned to Toronto. No indication as to his whereabouts after his release.

Jonathan is recovering at home from an injury picked up towards the end of last season.

He wasn't released from his Eccellenza club so much as his contract was up and his representatives are now negotiaing with some other teams to determine the best situation for him for the upcoming season. He will certainly be moving up at least a couple of levels for the upcoming season, as long as his recovery goes as smoothly as expected

Thanks Massive nice to be back I see we are again lacking in Italy updates so I guess i will post only information on players movement and games, record keeping if some one should need it of games played, goals, and injuries. I WILL NOT COMMENT ON ANY PLAYERS HERE SAY ETC ETC. I WILL ONLY REPORT WHAT IS SAID IN THE PAPERS, OR ANY WEB SITES I MAY HAVE RELATED TO THAT PLAYER+++ BASICALLY STATS +++++ IN ITALY.

Sorry VPjr I did not want to give anyone a wrong impression of his release. It was noted that he has been release on the web site and I thought I would forward that info to Voyageurs, I hope he gets a chance to come back soon and recovers quickly.

It seems that you know this player well as to his injuries and your comments you shared with us, How did he do last year? Appeareances etc etc. I have noted quite a bit of their games early last year and did not see much action in any games, in fact only 2 partial games, since it was me that first introduced this player to the Voyagers a year ago but since I have not got any notiza or information.

Would you know?

^ Big Bird, no problem. The fact is that he was released from his contract (technically) because he is looking to move up.

Jonathan, from what I'm told, did very well last year and has impressed people at much higher levels. He has very good speed (I think he ran the 100 meters in the low 11 second range in high school) and is apparently strong with both feet.

I don't have his stats for last year but I can try to get them. I am quite certain that he played more than just 2 games. His former team was not very good about updating their website, from what I could tell.

Marcus Haber now trialling at Rotherham (League Two)

Millers trial for Canadian

Les Payne 16 August 2008

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sportheadlines/Millers-trial-for-Canadian.4397887.jp

ROTHERHAM United boss Mark Robins is set to take a look at Canadian Under-20 international Marcus Haber in match action next week.

The young striker has been training with the Millers after being recommended and Robins intends playing him in the Reserves' opening Pontins League game on Tuesday against Bradford City at Don Valley Stadium (2pm).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/r/rotherham_utd/7558038.stm

I know everyone hates Facebook as a legit source for player news but Fernando Aguiar has changed his status to show that he "is moving back to Toronto". I think it's for good. I know he was out of contract in Portugal.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by 69centsapound

There r no players listed from Portugal or Italy on the new list y?

Right now I am trying to get info on Fernando Aguiar, yesterday I saw he was doubtful mid-summer for re-signing with Gondomar in 2nd division. He did not figure with them for day one of the league. Perhaps he is back with Penafiel, even though they relegated to third tier. I think he wants to be close to home, his wife is from near Porto.

Will have the info soon I hope.

RRFCM (http://www.royalracingfc.com/squad.php) also lists Shyle Braithwaite as a Canadian Forward

quote:Originally posted by Sigma

Orlin Chalmers is with Royal Racing Football Club MOntegnee (Belgian 5th division).

http://www.royalracingfc.com/squad.php

Looks like Adam Zymirski (from Calgary) could be on trial as he played in one of their last pre-season games.

http://www.royalracingfc.com/news.php?n=98

Jordan Unreiner, played with Calgary Storm U15 in 2005, is also listed in their last pre-season game.

From their game on August 24th.

"Montegnée made several changes from the settled team of the pre season campaign, as they are still awaiting International clearance and visas for some American & Canadian players."

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

Right now I am trying to get info on Fernando Aguiar, yesterday I saw he was doubtful mid-summer for re-signing with Gondomar in 2nd division. He did not figure with them for day one of the league. Perhaps he is back with Penafiel, even though they relegated to third tier. I think he wants to be close to home, his wife is from near Porto.

Will have the info soon I hope.

Fernando is not club tied right now. His footballing future is up in the air. His facebook status claimed he was coming back to Toronto as of last week but he changed his mind

Quick update on Robert Stillo:

- he had a great summer training with Vaughn Shooters of the CSL. kudos to Carmine Isaaco and the DeThomasis family for helping Robert stay sharp.

- He's back in Italy and has been named starter for Genoa's U18 team. He also practices daily with the Primavera (Reserve) team and he's been called up to train with the senior team this week. They won't be rushing his development (he's only 17) but they are very impressed with him.

I should hope that the CSA will be calling him into their December U20 camp. He's young so he might not be a starter for the 09 edition but it would make alot of sense to see how he ranks up against the incumbents who are older than him

Archived