Mother of All Canadians Abroad - February 2010

quote:Originally posted by Joe MacCarthy

Patrick Wilson is there. No profile yet.

http://www.dfc.hu/alap.php?inc_text=hirek_details.php&cikkid=1085

I'm not sure if this has been noted elsewhere but Patrick Wilson Jr. is another Erin Mills SC grad...he played 5 years for coach Bob Graham over at EMSC.

That club has really developed some very good quality players of late. hats off to the technical staff at EMSC.

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by VPjr

I'm not sure if this has been noted elsewhere but Patrick Wilson Jr. is another Erin Mills SC grad...he played 5 years for coach Bob Graham over at EMSC.

That club has really developed some very good quality players of late. hats off to the technical staff at EMSC.

I set up a whole thread for Josef K, and I thought you of all people would post some props there. :)

tosaint ricketts is on trial in norway. got confirmation from him through facebook last night. looks like a few teams are interested. lillestrom being the first. looks like he will try his luck in europe as it seems he doesn't want to be in mls if he doesn't have to be... i hope tfc keeps this in mind although taking him in a late round would be ok seeing they would own his mls rights that way...

not only is ricketts with lillestrom but monsalve is there as well. i'm happy to see david there seeing he never caught on with tfc and he was being used only as a pool keeper for mls. i thought he played very well in the games he played including teh friendly against villa in 07. i will update in the next few days hopefully.

^ thanks for confirming this hodgkiss...I had heard something about Monsalve being in Norway earlier this week but I couldn't get anyone to confirm.

Good for David. Hopefully this is an opportunity to kick start his career. I spoke to him a couple of times this year at CSL games and he seems like a really good kid, a good head on his shoulders.

quote:Originally posted by hodgkiss

not only is ricketts with lillestrom but monsalve is there as well. i'm happy to see david there seeing he never caught on with tfc and he was being used only as a pool keeper for mls. i thought he played very well in the games he played including teh friendly against villa in 07. i will update in the next few days hopefully.

If these two can land contracts with LSK and work into the first team, that would be a huge move.

I look forward to your updates........

Killie dump Rhian

by MICHAEL BAILLIE

246 words

1 January 2009

Daily Star

English

© copyright Express Newspapers 2009

KILMARNOCK have opted against extending Rhian Dodds contract and the midfielder is free to join a new club.

Dodds joined Killie in 2003 but has been hampered by injury problems over the past three years and hasn't featured since he underwent a hernia operation 13 months ago.

The 29-year-old signed a short-term deal until the end of 2008 at the start of the season and was sent out on loan to Dundee after regaining his fitness.

Kilmarnock manager Jim Jefferies, however, has decided against renewing his contract as he looks to free up funds to bring in a new striker.

Jefferies said: "I've had a chat with Rhian and we won't be renewing his contract. I'm sure he will soon get fixed up with a new club.

"We sent him out on loan to get more games but the new manager came in at Dundee and he wasn't in his plans.

"Rhian has had an unfortunate spell with injuries and that set him back but he's over those now.

"Rhian is at the stage in his career where he needs to be playing regularly and he has got enough about him to get a regular game elsewhere.

"But we are well covered in midfield and because of the wage bill any money I get is dependent on one or two moving on and the striking area is a priority."

quote:Originally posted by Winnipeg Fury

If these two can land contracts with LSK and work into the first team, that would be a huge move.

I look forward to your updates........

Both are mentioned at the very end of this article: http://www.rb.no/lsk-magasinet/article4024778.ece

It simply states that both made a positive impression at their first practise and will be with the club through the upcoming week.

any one heard of this guy...seems to play Clubbe Brugge and have dual nationality

Name: Dildick

Surname: Dwayne

Pseudonym:

Date of birth: 25.04.1989

Age-group: 1989

Size: 183

Nationality: Belgium, Canada

Position: Defender

Club: Club Brugge KV

A-National player: no

Views: 1433

Rate player: Zero Rating12345 2 ratings ø 5

quote:Originally posted by An Observer

any one heard of this guy...seems to play Clubbe Brugge and have dual nationality

Name: Dildick

Surname: Dwayne

Pseudonym:

Date of birth: 25.04.1989

Size: 183

Nationality: Belgium, Canada

Club: Club Brugge KV

Views: 1433

Rate player: Zero Rating12345 2 ratings ø 5

According to my google search, Mr. DilDick has already played for Belgium youth teams.

He could still play for Canada but this seems like an unlikely event.

or this guy who would be eligible for the U20s (sorry getting these from soccer talents website and I have no time to research them if they are accurate)

Name: Mtandari

Surname: Takura

Pseudonym:

Date of birth: 11.10.1989

Size: 0

Nationality: Canada, Malawi

Club: Tottenham Hotspur

Views: 1045

From tottenhamhotspur.com:

Takura Mtandari

A regular in a successful 2007-08 campaign for our Under-18s.

Takura played in 27 out of 28 Academy fixtures, starting 25 and scoring once as the lads finished second in their division.

His performances were rewarded with a further nine appearances for the reserves, two starts and he flourished in a new defensive midfield role towards the end of the season.

Brought up in Edmonton, attended Aylward Secondary School, Takura was a runner-up with his school team in the Enfield League Cup in 2004.

He joined our Academy full-time in 2006-07 having made four appearances as a schoolboy in 2005-06. He played 21 times in 2006-07 and stepped up for three reserve games.

From www.asromacanada.com/:

European trials, July-August, 2008

July saw Canada 18+ players join the GISS European tour to train in Europe under top Uefa 'A' licenced coaches including Luciano Miani (UEFA A); Romano Matte (UEFA B), Giorgio Scapini (UEFA B), coach of Verona Calcio; Mauro Zironelli (UEFA B), coach of Vicenza Calcio.

Mathew Macri, 18yr old Canadian GISS player has subsequently signed with Italian team Vicenza Calcio Serie B, and Canadian GISS player Johnny D'Amato has officially signed with prestigious Italian club Vado FC, first ever club to have won the Italian Cup, defeating Udinese in the final match.

This Genova International School of Soccer sounds pretty interesting. Never heard of it before.

Archived