Mother of All Canadians Abroad - February 2010

quote:Originally posted by jpg75

Fabian Troche is on trial somewhere in Europe. More info. promised if he's successful...

Concerning Saiko; as an '89 he will not be eligible for the U18's next season so if he doesn't get a contract he's out of Middlesbrough.

Bekker was on trial at Club Brugge a few months back, not sure what happened there.

Here's an update on Fabian's try-outs in Europe.

He was invited buy a Greek team of the Super League for a 20 day trial. The team is Asteras from Tripolis. He arrived at Tripolis on Thursday the 2nd of May. He did his first practice on Friday with the 1 division team. On Saturday he has a friendly game with the first team. We will see after 20 days what will happen.

Thank you again for all your support. Thx J-P

http://www.asterastripolis.gr/

http://www.stadia.gr/tripoli/tripoli.html

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by jpg75

Fabian Troche is on trial somewhere in Europe. More info. promised if he's successful...

Has anyone from the CSA contacted him for the U17, U20 team? This kid is seeing oppurtunities/possibilities unfold before his eyes, yet where is the CSA in all this. All they did for him is give him his (international) release papers when he left for Uruguay sometime back.

Guest Can. in UK

http://www.erinmillssoccer.com/league.php?scriptName=LEAGUEINFO&leagueID=6451&leagueInfoID=50621&cache=no

EMSC Alumni Vahid Assadpour to Tryout in Swedish 1st Div Pro Club

May 09, 2008

Vahid Assadpour is leaving for Sweden to try out with a First Division Club.

Vahid was part of our Senior Academy program. He went to the US College system where he graduated. During the winter he was playing with the Detroit Ignition Professional Indoor Team.

Noticed Murphy Wiredu also played for the New York Red Bull Reserves (along with Boyens and Hemming) against TFC on May 2 in Toronto. Not sure if he is on the reserve roster or if he was just on trial.

quote:Originally posted by Ivan

Noticed Murphy Wiredu also played for the New York Red Bull Reserves (along with Boyens and Hemming) against TFC on May 2 in Toronto. Not sure if he is on the reserve roster or if he was just on trial.

neither on the reserves or on trial.

NYRB was pretty injury riddled so they brought in some local players to fill out the reserve team roster for the game.

I wonder where Murphy is playing this summer. CSL?

Jon Henry-Hayden (born in Kitchener, Ontario) is now playing for Tooting & Mitcham United in London, England. They finished second in the Ryman Divison One South this season, and have been automatically promoted to the Ryman Premier for the 2008/09 season.

http://www.netcomuk.co.uk/~staylor2/penpic.html#hartburn

http://football.mitoo.co.uk/LeagueTab.cfm?TblName=Matches&DivisionID=2294&LeagueCode=ISTH2007

Nik Giannotta has been released by Hibs... Apparently he was told he was as good as or better then other players his age, but being an international, not worth the hassle...

He's looking for another team... I'll keep you up-to-date...

I also have tabs on a 15-year-old currently in France to meet a 3rd time with LeHavre (all expenses paid, so they sound serious). I will post an update if he signs...

I've updated the list as best I can for promotion relegation. I definitely need some help on the German front.

I want to politely point out that I'm not posting players in the PDL or anything below the Blue Square North & South. Having said this, there are a bunch of guys playing in the lower divisions around Europe who are virtually unconfirmable -my apologies, as I don't think that's a word. But you know what I mean.

I know some people believe everyone should be on the list regardless of level. My response to this is simply, where do you draw the line? The lower you go, the harder it is to keep the list reliable. Which is what this thread comes down to: a balance between relevance and reliability.

As such, I'm seriously considering culling quite a few names from the list. I'd like to go so far as to make the list fully professional or, at very least. verifiable with current links to club web sites. My one concern is that I don't want to offend posters like old Don Alberto, RIP, or Mr. Torche who have a son or relative playing in the academy of a professional club. Obviously, we'd all love to hear about their progress.

Can I hear what the masses have to say?

quote:Originally posted by youllneverwalkalone

I've updated the list as best I can for promotion relegation. I definitely need some help on the German front.

I want to politely point out that I'm not posting players in the PDL or anything below the Blue Square North & South. Having said this, there are a bunch of guys playing in the lower divisions around Europe who are virtually unconfirmable -my apologies, as I don't think that's a word. But you know what I mean.

I know some people believe everyone should be on the list regardless of level. My response to this is simply, where do you draw the line? The lower you go, the harder it is to keep the list reliable. Which is what this thread comes down to: a balance between relevance and reliability.

As such, I'm seriously considering culling quite a few names from the list. I'd like to go so far as to make the list fully professional or, at very least. verifiable with current links to club web sites. My one concern is that I don't want to offend posters like old Don Alberto, RIP, or Mr. Torche who have a son or relative playing in the academy of a professional club. Obviously, we'd all love to hear about their progress.

Can I hear what the masses have to say?

I certainly have no problem with this idea. :)

I would agree that the list should be kept to professional players. I would say that we should cut the line off at the fourth division of the top countries and 3rd division of other countries (and for some this might be too high). An exception could be youth players on reserve teams of teams in higher divisions. Otherwise I am not too interested in players playing at a level that in many cases is lower than USL.

Your German list looks correct to me though I didn't check a few of the more obscure clubs. Are there any players in particular that you are unsure about?

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

I would agree that the list should be kept to professional players. I would say that we should cut the line off at the fourth division of the top countries and 3rd division of other countries (and for some this might be too high). An exception could be youth players on reserve teams of teams in higher divisions. Otherwise I am not too interested in players playing at a level that in many cases is lower than USL.

Your German list looks correct to me though I didn't check a few of the more obscure clubs. Are there any players in particular that you are unsure about?

I just want to add specifics to the "5th division" as I'm unsure what this level is in the new German pyramid. Also, a couple guys in the 4th tier seemed to drop (Elliot, for example) to the 5th. My only reference is Ed's update in the Germany thread. Though I suppose the point is moot if cut off at B3.

As an update, I'm trying to link players to club pages. If anyone would care to share links I'd be much appreciative.

The two Regionalligas are being converged into one nationwide 3rd division, containing the best teams of the current 3rd division and the teams demoted from the 2nd. The Regionalligas now move to the 4th tier and there will be three of them. They contain the lower half of the 3rd division teams and the best 4th division teams. There was no promotion from the 4th to 3rd division this year, the best a 4th division team could do was qualify for the new stronger 4th division. The current 9 Oberligas move to the 5th tier and are reduced to 7 Oberligas. One reduction comes from combining the Nordrhein and Westfalen Oberligas. The other reduction is much more complicated and illogical as the Nord Oberliga is being broken into 5 sub-leagues whose winners will play a playoff at the end of the season to determine the two teams promoting to the 4th division. The playing level of this division is officially consider 6th (which is probably an accurate reflection of what the playing level will be) yet the playoff winners will promote to the 4th division.

To sum things up: the third and fourth tiers will have a much stronger playing level next year. The Oberligas will be much poorer as they are losing their best teams to the 4th division. Anyone whose team did not qualify for the 4th division will be playing in the Oberliga of the same name unless they played in the Oberliga North, Nordrhein or Westfalen. In my opinion the 5th division is not worth reporting on as it will have a playing level well below that of the USL.

Archived