Mother of All Canadians Abroad - February 2010

Thanks for elaborating VPjr. Maybe they are just waiting to get a coach in place? Not that I am defending them or anything. I mean FFS, we should have a coach in place by now. Qualifying starts this fall doesn't it?

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Ivan

Thanks for elaborating VPjr. Maybe they are just waiting to get a coach in place? Not that I am defending them or anything. I mean FFS, we should have a coach in place by now. Qualifying starts this fall doesn't it?

Qualifying should be sometime early in the new year, usually January.

BTW, when i posted the update i didn't realize that Frosinone was in Serie B until i was updating the MOACA on BS.

Wrong thread. This thread is for player movement, updates go into the weekly threads.

v No sweat bud, alot of people make that mistake..mods, anyone want to move his post into the other thread?

Andrew Kliment of Winnipeg is now over in Czech Republic playing for FC Spartak Hradec Kralove's U17 team as well as training with the club's U18 side. This club's senior team competes in the Czech 2nd Division. From what I'm told, this club has a strong youth system.

I got this information directly from Andrew's father.

Andrew is committed to staying at this club until October, when the Junior Extra Liga Fall Session ends. He'll return to Canada in the winter to finish some schooling before returning to the Czech Republic in March for the Spring Season.

Andrew was originally scheduled to just train with this club for a month or so this summer but the coaches at the club liked what they saw so much that they insisted he stay for the whole fall season. He has a Czech passport (his dad is Czech) so he'll have no problem playing in Europe.

I'll keep you posted with his progress.

EDIT: July 13 Update

Yesterday, Andrew played his first pre-season match for the FC Spartak Hradec Kralove's U17 team vs a 3rd division Czech team (the senior squad...not a youth team).

the game ended tied 2:2. Andrew set up the first goal for his team and scored the 2nd goal (a 16 yard blast).

quote:Originally posted by Keegan

Haven't seen this posted but

Marcus Haber U20 defender/striker is on trial with Leeds United

Keegan Ayre is on trial with Walsall of League 1

Alex Elliot is on trial with FSV Mainz of the B1( i think)

Links? Sources, other than Facebook?

quote:Originally posted by Raven

Canada under-20 striker Marcus Haber has joined the club for a trial period, he is currently with Dutch club Groningen.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/leeds_united/7505312.stm

http://www.leedsunited.com/page/NewsroomDetail/0,,10273~1343256,00.html

United boss Gary McAllister has named his travelling party for the three-game trip to Ireland.

Rui Marques returns from an extended summer break to join up with his squad mates for the first time this summer and Canadian under-21 international Marcus Haber is also included in the party.

United (Ireland squad): Ankergren, Lucas, Martin, Richardson, Gardner, Michalik, Huntington, Marques, Sheehan, Parker, Prutton, Hughes, Douglas, Howson, Johnson, Sweeney, Robinson, Bayly, Beckford, Showunmi, Haber.

Sorry for the Google tranlation

FSV Mainz

http://www.mainz05.de/news_details.html?&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=2633&tx_ttnews[backPid]=4&cHash=44c8d7fc78

FSV Mainz Amateurs win the second Test in Rothemann

The amateur team in the evening ersatzgeschwächt strongly against the Hessian Bezirksoberligisten TSV Rothemann won 4-0.

The players Amani, Bouadoud, Di Maria, Grimm, Kleinheider, Krause, Markowitz, Raczka and Tautenhahn due to injury could not play. This has been the host player Alex Elliott, Mirko Jankowski, Stefan Pohl and Eric Steigerwald. In one of the hosts Rothemann held relatively open lot Mirko Jankowski could achieve three hits and eingewechselte Piero Adragna 4-0 in the fair Endergebniss.

Davari (60th Steigerwald) - Riske, Steil, Telch, boiler Petr Eski, Pohl, Walther (46 high), Elliott Heil (46 Adragna), Jankowski

quote:Originally posted by jpg75

I have completed an interview with Julian Uccello for Canucks-Abroad:

http://www.canucks-abroad.com/content/julian-uccello-richmond-hill-italia

He should be signing shortly with a club in Italy.

His father Frank (Big Bird) will also be keeping me posted on the development of players in Italy. I doubt i'm the only one who missed his input when he left the board...

Thanks for your good work jpg75!

I think this kind of interview should be posted on it's own thread so we could talk about what was said. I'll let you move it if you agree with my suggestion.

quote:Originally posted by Keegan

Michal Misiewicz is with sunderland not plymouth

I still haven't seen anything official from Sunderland. Not saying it isn't there, I haven't seen it.

Facebook isn't a reliable source. Please post links and sources when posting player whereabouts.

Archived