Canada - Burkina Faso U-20 Game Thread (R)

Gordon

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Sigma

Galavision will be showing the Canada-Spain/Paraguay QF at 8:55am on Friday... according to soccertv.com

Fri Dec 12 05:55AM Pacific

Fri Dec 12 06:55AM Mountain

Fri Dec 12 07:55AM Central

Fri Dec 12 08:55AM Eastern

Length: 2 hr 35 min LIVE

Galavision (US) - EAST FEED - Eastern/Central/Mtn (except Arizona)/DirecTV/DISH

FIFA World Youth Championships - Quarterfinal

Thanks Sigma. If it's not shown on Sportsnet (likely not to be on),

then I'll watch it on the "grey" dish...

After keeping an eye on livescore for the 1st half, I had to leave for a meeting.

I come back, flip to livescore and then let out a whoop that Canada had beaten Burkina Faso 1-0. And this is the greatest day in men's Canadian football.

And my co-workers in my office all think I am nuts.

Thank god for this board and the net.

quote:Originally posted by codegoat

hey guys,

This is Travis... Josh Simpson's brother. I was the one who found the pictures and posted them on LANage.ca.

I am wondering if anybody has found a video clip of the goal. I would really appreciate anything anybody has found!!

Thanks,

-Travis

I'll keep an eye out for video clips. I'm sure you've read the reports, but the word is that is was one of the best goals of the tournament. I'm sure you must be really proud of your brother.

Yes, very proud... It is awesome to see him finally get the recognition he deserves :)

Although, at the same time, it is very frusterating, we have not been able to see much when it comes to highlights. I really hope we can find somewhere to watch the game on Friday.

-Travis

Welcome to the boards Travis!

The only suggestion I can provide is checking the mid-week edition of SoccerCentral on Rogers Sportsnet (not sure what time it is broadcast out west, usually on Wednsdays at 6pm in the Toronto-area). On Saturday's edition they showed highlights of the Canada-Czech match, including Hume's game-winner - hopefully they will do the same on Wednsday with this match.

All of the Sports networks have mentioned this result as part of their daily sports news programs today, but I haven't seen highlights as yet.

I have a question and suggestion.

Is there any way we can get messages through to the team via email?

Because this tournament doesn't get much play in the media here and I'm sure there isn't a mighty contingent of Canadian beat writers following them, I want the boys to know how much we're all behind them. I think some messages of how we're following them via internet and urging them on would really add to the great feelings (if that's possible).

Any suggestions on how we could contact them?

well, i don't see chin going beyond third division in england, or the whitecaps. i played against him in the bc youth metro league all those years ago! thing is he is too small. easily marked out of a game. he has all the skill in the world, but not the physique to match. that said, VERY nice guy and hopefully i am proven wrong!

This is a joyus day for canadian soccer at any level.

Didnt many of our current players garduate from the Malaysia '97 team that advanced? This team and this result bodes well for the future of the mens nats as well. Hopefully many strong internationls will emerge, as well, hopefully many of these boys will get on with good clubs in good leagues.

Spain or Paraguay will be tough but I think it is possible.

World Cup and olympic Qualifying just got a whole lot more interesting:)

Bring on Costa Rica, Honduras and Guatamala :D

Congardulations Canada

Archived