Canada - Burkina Faso U-20 Game Thread (R)

Gordon

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by sstackho

Well my FIFA MatchTracker is ****ed again. grrrrr... What a POS.

according to them Null is playing Null, in the 6th minute. And now it crashed my browser again.

C'mon LiveScore - hope you're accurate!

My FIFA MatchTracker did the same thing. When it acts up I have been selecting the window and hitting the refresh (which is F5 key on Windows 2000 operating system)

Me too, but refreshing that window is what usually leads to a browser crash for me. Then again, the CSA MatchTracker would also crash my browser pretty regularly. My browser just hates MatchTrackers, I guess!

LiveScore is often a bit too far ahead on their timer for matches. They generally start their clock at the expected kick-off time.

quote:Originally posted by matthew

Bah, pheuque the shootout and pheque being relieved with 0-0.

And you call yourself a journalist? You can't use the american and the british selling of a word in the same sentence. Poor Form. [8D]

WE BELIEVE!

Hey English is a living language and my degree entitles me to mangle it — errr 'evolve it' — in any manner I see fit.

Plus I'm actually trying to work right now while the newsroom is abuzz with the Toronto school colapse, so I'm a little scattered.

Who feared this would be a blowout. Come on, Brazil didn't blow us out. Anything is possible in the second round.

WE BELIEVE.

School collapse or cinema collapse?

Blair

Multi-tasking is harder with matchtracket, noo doot abooot it.

quote:Originally posted by matthew

Hey English is a living language and my degree entitles me to mangle it — errr 'evolve it' — in any manner I see fit.

Plus I'm actually trying to work right now while the newsroom is abuzz with the Toronto school colapse, so I'm a little scattered.

Who feared this would be a blowout. Come on, Brazil didn't blow us out. Anything is possible in the second round.

WE BELIEVE.

quote:Originally posted by Rodway

Again by Ed Johnson who now leads the tournament in scoring. Hume only needs a hatrick to take over the lead

3 Penalties converted by Johnson in this tournament. US up by two goals and one man...looks pretty good for them, although by accounts, Ivory Coast was taking to them.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by David C.

No score at halftime.

Burkina Faso was yellow carded at the 39th minute:

[12] TASSEMBEDO Soumaila Yellow Card (39')

The FIFA preview has him as the star defender of the team, so that is a good sign. Run at him! C'mon guys, take this guy out of the game.

quote:Originally posted by David C.

12 TASSEMBEDO Soumaila Yellow Card (39')

Tassembedo better show some medo or he could get a second!

(sorry, made a bad pun about Knakal last time around...got a stick with it. Medo is supposed to sound a bit like Mettle...weak but...not changing anything from last time.)

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Mimglow

Aristide subbed in 49' #9...a midfielder?

Your nines are usually strikers.

I like the idea of doing tactical subbing just into the second half, as it represents a change that the other team has to adjust to while playing, instead of seeing it at half time and getting a chance to sift through its meaning.

Let us also hope that they use their subs, they go down a few players, and then we score a few golden goals on them in ET. Or is the silver goal operative here?

Archived