Match Thread: CONCACAF Champions Cup - Round 1 - Leg 1: Forge v Chivas (Mexico) - February 7, 2024

Game is at 8pm ET (5pm PT) on One Soccer.

This is the first ever meeting between the 2 clubs.

This is Forge's first trip to the tournament since 2022. They were eliminated in the opening round by Cruz Azul.

This is Chivas' first trip to the tournament since 2018, the year they won it all. Needing penalties to beat TFC.

Chivas are currently 8th in Liga MX with 2 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss.

On Sunday they beat San Luis 2-0

Edited by narduch

It looks like it will be a good evening weather wise, it should be just below freezing with not much wind, cold for the Mexican players and tolerable for our guys! I expect a huge amount of away fans judging by ticket sales and social media, I hope THF has taken appropriate security measures just in case! I'll head down to the stadium early as gates are opening half an hour sooner than normal and after the club were fined for smoke from our last Mexican visitors I expect more stringent searches! As far as the match goes I don't have my hopes too high against a team in season with more talent and a young keeper starting for Forge but who knows, this should be quite a mid winter event at THF!

Ref crew:

Referee: Victor Rivas (USA)

Assistant Referee 1: Corey Parker (USA)

Assistant Referee 2: Logan Brown (USA)

Fourth Official: Rubiel Vazquez (USA)

VAR: Allen Chapman (USA)

AVAR: Tristley Bassue (SKN)

2 hours ago, gator said:

It looks like it will be a good evening weather wise, it should be just below freezing with not much wind, cold for the Mexican players and tolerable for our guys! I expect a huge amount of away fans judging by ticket sales and social media, I hope THF has taken appropriate security measures just in case! I'll head down to the stadium early as gates are opening half an hour sooner than normal and after the club were fined for smoke from our last Mexican visitors I expect more stringent searches! As far as the match goes I don't have my hopes too high against a team in season with more talent and a young keeper starting for Forge but who knows, this should be quite a mid winter event at THF!

As pleasant a night for some decent football as you could ask for in February, in The Hammer.