Match Thread: Voyageurs Cup - Quarter-Finals - Toronto FC v CF Montreal - May 9, 2023

2 hours ago, jonovision said:

The injury situation could provide some cover for Bradley should he choose to field a B team and save his bullets for the weekend.

I hope he doesn't.

First, because I really like the Canadian Championship and want to see TFC win it.

Second, because it's not like TFC is going to challenge for the MLS Cup this season anyway so this game is more important.

1 minute ago, Kingston said:

I hope he doesn't.

First, because I really like the Canadian Championship and want to see TFC win it.

Second, because it's not like TFC is going to challenge for the MLS Cup this season anyway so this game is more important.

More important to who??  I'm not sure TFC and Bradley put the same emphasis on CDN championship that us fans do.  A win on the weekend gets the MLS pundits of Bradleys back, TFC back into a playoff hunt and that might mean more than our tournie.  Selfishly I hope he plays Kerr, JMR, Thompson, Franklin, Akinola, Perruza etc.  And maybe a few of them will prove themselves to BOB and he'll feel better about giving them more minutes in the future.

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

More important to who??  I'm not sure TFC and Bradley put the same emphasis on CDN championship that us fans do. 

I don't know about Bradley specifically as he's new but TFC has historically put out a full effort for the Canadian Championship.  The only times I can think of them B-teaming it was the first of two legs against a lower division team but even then they'd make sure to win it in the return leg.

3 hours ago, Bison44 said:

More important to who??  I'm not sure TFC and Bradley put the same emphasis on CDN championship that us fans do.  A win on the weekend gets the MLS pundits of Bradleys back, TFC back into a playoff hunt and that might mean more than our tournie.  Selfishly I hope he plays Kerr, JMR, Thompson, Franklin, Akinola, Perruza etc.  And maybe a few of them will prove themselves to BOB and he'll feel better about giving them more minutes in the future.

I think MLSE will be wanting TFC to make the Champions League to try to get all the revenue they can.

4 hours ago, Kingston said:

I don't know about Bradley specifically as he's new but TFC has historically put out a full effort for the Canadian Championship.  The only times I can think of them B-teaming it was the first of two legs against a lower division team but even then they'd make sure to win it in the return leg.

WINNER WINNER chicken dinner.  You called it, pretty much the A squad.