Match Thread: Voyageurs Cup - 1st Round - TSS Rovers v Valour - April 19, 2023

Just now, Soccerpro2 said:

The pitch isn't even to close to being a contributing factor in this game. It's not Caribbean Concacaf level bad.

It isn't the reason Valour is losing. It is the reason both teams can't connect a pass. It is absolutely as bad as anything we had in this WCQ cycle.

Valour doing Valour like things.

They can't handle the TSS press, movement or the grass. TSS have been impressive in their quick tempo and short passing build ups. It was a game desperately lacking quality where it counts, which we have seen flashes of in most games he past two days. Valour just imploded though. Very poor tonight, let's see how they react after the halftime team talk.

1 minute ago, jonovision said:

If we had this pitch for a match in Honduras we'd be apoplectic. Never a true roll.

lol no way. It would be euphoric. 
It could be slicker, but when the ball bounces it’s definitively true.

1 minute ago, VinceA said:

Terry Dunfield having an orgasm when TSS got their second completely ruined the moment.

He did the same shit with Canada it's so bad.

YES. I totally forgot how much I really didn't miss not hearing him for months. I'm not even a valour fan but his reactions were absolutely grating. 

4 minutes ago, jonovision said:

It isn't the reason Valour is losing. It is the reason both teams can't connect a pass. It is absolutely as bad as anything we had in this WCQ cycle.

Naw man you’ve gone to far.

Jamaica was horrible.
NL Honduras was horrendous.

Are you a Valour fan? Because then I would understand these takes lol

Edited by Shway

1 minute ago, Shway said:

Naw man you’ve gone to far.

Jamaica was horrible.
NL Honduras was horrendous.

Are you a Valour fan? Because the. I would understand these takes lol

I'm just not used to seeing a 20 foot pass between CBs hop 4 or 5 times on the way. Maybe I don't watch enough matches on grass but I don't see that in Bayern matches either.

6 minutes ago, Big_M said:

Should Dos Santos get fired if Valour loses this game??

1 for No

2 for Yes

giphy.gifThink it's too soon to sack him but if the next 5 or 6 games go similar maybe.

Considering the ownerships approach they are more likely to go with promoting his assistant then hire a decent replacement. They might also just stick with PDS to avoid the payout of sacking him.

10 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Literally no one who is on the fence about buying tickets will know this match has happened

This is definitely true, but going further and potentially drawing an MLS team at home would probably do well for sales. Also if they're following up a good league win with a loss to a semi-pro team, then we're in for another status quo Valour season which also can't help.

Edited by Wippersuna

Just now, Wippersuna said:

This is definitely true, but going further and drawing an MLS team would probably do well for sales. Also if they're following up a good league win with a loss to a semi-pro team, then we're in for another status quo Valour season which also can't help.

I mean even if they win tonight they're never beating Cavalry away. All we learned in the first half and first 10 minutes of the second is that Gutierrez is everything to this team.

Just now, Soccerpro2 said:

Was that Pacifique who couldn't complete the easiest of clearances at the corner of his 18 yard box after the corner?

It's like the entire Valour team lost their minds.

Wasn't him, but that was bad. Samake and Chandler having a shocker, as are Jenkins and Dunfield.