Match Thread: April 15, 2023 - Pacific v Vancouver FC

4 hours ago, narduch said:

Game is at 4pm PT (7pm ET) on One Soccer and Fubo. 

VFC will be making their CPL debut.

I'm excited about this! I'm watching a local youth cup match at the same time but will look forward to seeing it recorded this evening. PFC's turnover makes me feel like there may not be that much to separate the two, at least not for this first match. I'm expecting a close one.

Wait, this is the new and improved camera angle? It's still way too low. 

I've only watched the second half, but it is very apparent that this is the first match of the season. Sloppy. Interested to see where the goals will come from for Vancouver this year.

Edited by jonovision

13 hours ago, jonovision said:

Wait, this is the new and improved camera angle? It's still way too low. 

The cameras were on scissor lifts (clearly temporary) on the north side, only a tiny bit higher than the wooden platforms they had in previous years.  Hydro pole is down, but no stands yet nor signs of stands being built. I have no idea what the timetable is but there are a string of home games in May so I don’t see anything happening on the stands/camera angle front for a while, but it’s coming. They could shoot from the south stands as they did with rugby Women’s 7s but then the backdrop is depressing. (see: York United). Don’t see them changing the angle until there’s a stand either to put the cameras on or to see in the background. My guess is they still shoot from the North because the sun can be brutal some days from the opposite side. Did like that they’ve improved the graphic with score line and time remaining this year. Much more visible from the west end. 

Props to the travelling VFC support — they kept up their drums and singing for 90. Looking forward to an actual away game sitting with away support in June. Only away game I’ve been to was in Ottawa (because I was visiting family) for the epic late PFC collapse, but it was just me. 

1 hour ago, shorty said:

Props to the travelling VFC support — they kept up their drums and singing for 90. Looking forward to an actual away game sitting with away support in June. Only away game I’ve been to was in Ottawa (because I was visiting family) for the epic late PFC collapse, but it was just me. 

Yes, there looked to be some (friendly) tension building out there between the two sides and their supporters. Looking forward to building a rivalry.